ADVERTISEMENT

So we’re loving Stricklin...right?!?!?

Because they will bring in a real coach, and know they have to.. long term this time

this is our 07 bama moment to hire our saban

Reactions: bradleygator
It's not my money, but he screwed up huge extending this crew despite obvious warning signs. If Mac wasn't such a mess, personally, letting his insecurity overwhelm him and blowing up his own career for no reason with those insane death threat claims, we're probably stuck with that disaster for another year, minimum. Maybe 2. I do give Strickland big credit for being able to admit his mistake, because it was a big one. Get this hire right, and all is forgotten.

Reactions: SwampMaster
Because they will bring in a real coach, and know they have to.. long term this time

this is our 07 bama moment to hire our saban

Who's Saban though? You're talking an established big time coach who you know is going to win big, but is available due to fortunate timing. Closest I can come up with is Kelly and Stoops.

Depends on who ever fits us the same way as he did there..

Lane kiffin is making some passive tweets and weird twitter follows today

Who's Saban though? You're talking an established big time coach who you know is going to win big, but is available due to fortunate timing. Closest I can come up with is Kelly and Stoops.
Stoops is old and retired...great coach but his time has passed...I want someone new, hungry and that has a lot of energy.

Stoops is old and retired...great coach but his time has passed...I want someone new, hungry and that has a lot of energy.
Stoops is 8 years younger than Saban and is a proven winner at a major program. We’d be lucky to get him but it’s not going to happen.

The new, hungry, energetic guy is a crapshoot. Might be a homerun.....might not.

Wouldn't that be Kelly?

In his prime...won massively for four years at Oregon, won his first two seasons with the Eagles, faded late, out of NFL. Not as much a pedigree as Saban or even Meyer had for that matter but if that is the idea he seems like a guy who, if surrounded by recruiters, could be a Florida mainstay for a decade.

If the idea is a younger comer, then the Fuente, Norvell, Frost triumvirate seems good.

If stable, solid...Mullen or even Strong, although Strong is in his late 50s, three years older than Kelly. Mullen is only about 45 years old. Seems older.

I basically agree, although I think if he were motivated for the job, Stoops would have us in the top 10/5 every year. But I'm just pointing out the closest thing to a Saban hire. There was no doubt Saban would win big at 'Bama. You can't say that about Frost, Norvell, etc...

I think of myself as having a good eye for coaching talent. But when Bama hired saban I didn’t think anything of it. I figured things would remain status quo. Sure he kind of backed into a title at LSU, but 03 was only his 3rd 9 win season in 10 years and he was 3-5 in bowls.
Nobody, and I mean nobody, predicted what would happen next. NOBODY had saban picked as the best coach in the country. So keep that in mind when following this coaching search.

Reactions: 46885
I basically agree, although I think if he were motivated for the job, Stoops would have us in the top 10/5 every year. But I'm just pointing out the closest thing to a Saban hire. There was no doubt Saban would win big at 'Bama. You can't say that about Frost, Norvell, etc...
Maybe it’s just me, but I’m good with top 10 even most years.

Kelly would be the most exciting hire. I can't say I'd be unhappy with Stoops, again provided he was motivated to do it. If the goal is to put UF back on the scene as a consistent top 10 program, and I think it has to be, those are your guys. Frost and Norvell have high ceilings and low floors, Frost maybe a little less risky. Fuente and Mullen are pretty good blends of the two groups. Relatively young, but shown they know how to run a program and win. Lots of good names really.

But yes, gotta get it right.

Never felt great about Muschamp nor Mac. Like what Muschamp is doing at SC and the 2012 season was pretty cool, but something always seemed missing. Zoom too although man could he stock talent.

No weirdness, just football and smart. No Kiffin, no Stoops. Kelly would be the weirdest but he ain't that weird. Stoops not weird but something screams lack of wanting to put 100% in, just based on his odd leaving OU. Not a character shot as he seems like a great person, just a feeling based on what he did. Of course Meyer got rejuvenated, aided by Penn State screwing the pooch in what should have been yet another loss by Ohio what they play top competition.

A+ press conference. Not angry, not goofy. Stern. All business. Not fvckin’ around.

Between that press conference and the ones I’ve heard from Foley, Stricklin makes Foley look like a kindergarten student… That was a top notch press conference…

Kelly would be the most exciting hire. I can't say I'd be unhappy with Stoops, again provided he was motivated to do it. If the goal is to put UF back on the scene as a consistent top 10 program, and I think it has to be, those are your guys. Frost and Norvell have high ceilings and low floors, Frost maybe a little less risky. Fuente and Mullen are pretty good blends of the two groups. Relatively young, but shown they know how to run a program and win. Lots of good names really.

looks like other people should read those words, and why it's great that we are first to them all..

it's very much like the Bama situation, just think it through and use your head, and everything leading up to it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT