ADVERTISEMENT

So, recruiting seems to be up ticking with Mullen

NorthJerseyGator

Gator Great
Sep 17, 2010
#1 '19 RB Trey Sanders just visited past weekend and we just got his older brother Umstead from JuCo. Trey coming back with momma, who loves the Gators, in future. Hmmm.

Also, #1 '19 overall recruit visited Friday and liked what he saw so far.

Mullen has improved the program's vibe dramatically since we got rid of weirdo Mac. Mac couldn't even get a call back from any top 5* recruits. He was too weird and arrogant AF.

The Gators hosted five Rivals100 members this past weekend:
Kayvon Thibodeaux, Will Putnam, Mycah Pittman, Trey Sanders and

Derick Hunter
#6 DEss Hunter 6-6 285, who said that this was his '20th' visit to Florida, mentioned that he plans on coming back to the school a couple of more times in the coming weeks.

If he's not a lock, (nobody really is until that LOI arrives), then he will have wasted a whole lot of time at UF.... ;)

Personally, I'm really glad that he's this interested in becoming a Gator! :)

Agreed for sure. Mullen certainly is generating a ton of interest from top prospects. That’s step #1 and a step in the right direction.

Pardon me, but I think that Step 1 is already in the books. :cool:

Mullen's initial turn-around class, following a total cluster, 4-7 losing season:

9 ESPN Top 300's, with 12 of them being 4 stars, in a 21 recruit class.
Top 10's at their positions:
#2 K
#2 TE-H
#3 Ath/WR/KR/S
#5 WR
#5 QB-dt
#6 OT
#7 Ath/S
#8 RB
-----
#9 OT (JC) Noah Banks 6-7 305 - Pensacola, FL - EE
See his Hudl film here: https://247sports.com/Player/Noah-Banks-78749
-----
LB/DE Umstead Sanders 6-2 240 *** (JC 5 star Spring commit, he arrives as a P-WO in the summer when his JC classes are completed)
Mullen beat out aTm for Sanders - Hines CC, Raymond, MS - Port Saint Joe, FL - See his Hudl film here:
https://247sports.com/Player/Umstead-Sanders-46045744

Plus 2 X-fers that still need NCAA waivers to be eligible for 2018:
#4 WR Trevon Grimes ***** (2017 tOSU - Ft. Lauderdale, FL) EE
#13 WR Van Jefferson **** ( 2015 Ole Miss - Brentwood, TN) EE
Both are currently working out with the team in Spring training.
-----
~ Rivals has the Gator's 2018 class at 18 total HS commits, with 14 of them rated as 4 stars.
~~ The UF/Mullen 2018 total additions are now up to 22 players.

Step 2 is adding more top quality recruits in the upcoming 2019 class.
The interest being generated that you mention, looks like that has a very good possibility of coming about. ;)

Curious -- Are there really 112 better WR's out there than this Gator commit, or has he just not paid to go to the camps that those that rank the recruits put on? He is the lowest ranked recruit currently in the 2019 class.

#113 WR Dionte Marks 5-11 178 *** (FS/KR) - Deland, FL - 247

“When I visited there, I was standing on the field by myself just in my own little world evaluating stuff,” Marks said. “Coach Dan Mullen saw me and came over. He asked me how do I see myself on this field, and I told him I can see myself scoring a lot of touchdowns and getting a lot of love from the fans. I told him, ‘You might as well go get the gear right now because I’m ready to play. I'm 1,000% committed to Florida”

“Me and WR coach Billy Gonzales walked up to Coach Mullen’s office. We went in there and he threw me two championship rings and said, ‘We are going to try to get some of these in the coming years.’ I told him, ‘Yes, we are because you have a real dog here now.’ I told him that I was committing, and he said, ‘Well, I guess we have a new Gator here.”

“As a kid growing up, I always liked Florida,” Marks said. “When they came on TV, that is all I used to watch. So, in my head I used to think, ‘Dang, I wish that was me playing in the Swamp.’ Now, I can see it coming true now that I’m committed. I’ll be there playing on TV soon.”

Marks describes himself as “an explosive, speedy wide receiver that, as I see it, can’t be covered. It’s always a mismatch on the field, that’s how I see it. Anywhere you put me I can dominate on the field. That’s anywhere you put me.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/video/video-dionte-marks-2019-deland-wr-highlights/vp-BBIb1co

I don't much care about his stars/ranking at this point, I like this kids attitude and desire. (iG)

Reactions: TennesseeGator
Curious -- Are there really 112 better WR's out there than this Gator commit, or has he just not paid to go to the camps that those that rank the recruits put on? He is the lowest ranked recruit currently in the 2019 class.

“When I visited there, I was standing on the field by myself just in my own little world evaluating stuff,” Marks said. “Coach Dan Mullen saw me and came over. He asked me how do I see myself on this field, and I told him I can see myself scoring a lot of touchdowns and getting a lot of love from the fans. I told him, ‘You might as well go get the gear right now because I’m ready to play. I'm 1,000% committed to Florida”

“Me and WR coach Billy Gonzales walked up to Coach Mullen’s office. We went in there and he threw me two championship rings and said, ‘We are going to try to get some of these in the coming years.’ I told him, ‘Yes, we are because you have a real dog here now.’ I told him that I was committing, and he said, ‘Well, I guess we have a new Gator here.”

“As a kid growing up, I always liked Florida,” Marks said. “When they came on TV, that is all I used to watch. So, in my head I used to think, ‘Dang, I wish that was me playing in the Swamp.’ Now, I can see it coming true now that I’m committed. I’ll be there playing on TV soon.”

Marks describes himself as “an explosive, speedy wide receiver that, as I see it, can’t be covered. It’s always a mismatch on the field, that’s how I see it. Anywhere you put me I can dominate on the field. That’s anywhere you put me.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/video/video-dionte-marks-2019-deland-wr-highlights/vp-BBIb1co

I don't much care about his stars/ranking at this point, I like this kids attitude and desire. (iG)

So you’re goo-goo-ga-ga over a 17 year old kid who says he can see himself scoring a bunch of touchdowns?

Jesus dude.

Yeah...I bet those 117 wide receivers in front of him don’t think they can score touchdowns either.

Nothing wrong with liking the kid but the reasons you conjure up for why a kid should be awesome are laugh worthy.

Reactions: fsu939913
Never need to read his posts, because they are always going to be,,, what they are, and what he will always be. This asswipe stalker arrives to spread his usual crap, and to be the lonely despised loser that he is... :confused:

There once was a goater named dunny,
who was always trying to be funny.
But with his head up his butt,
and a load of beer in his gutt,
when it came to the girls he got nunny...

Reactions: fsu939913
Never need to read his posts, because they are always going to be,,, what they are, and what he will always be. This asswipe stalker arrives to spread his usual crap, and to be the lonely despised loser that he is... :confused:

Just sitting the facts, sir.

You are an unbearable sychophant.

Never need to read his posts, because they are always going to be,,, what they are, and what he will always be. This asswipe stalker arrives to spread his usual crap, and to be the lonely despised drunk loser that he is... :confused:

Yeah...I bet those 117 wide receivers in front of him don’t think they can score touchdowns either.
There are actually exactly 118 WR recruits better than him. Gotta find the missing one.

Can't read? Can't count? --- Heads up the butt as usual? (most likely):oops:
=========

People with brains, instead of just village idiot foaming mouths, can see for themselves and make their own comparisons and judgments... :cool:

Can't read? Can't count? --- Heads up the butt as usual? (most likely):oops:
=========

People with brains, instead of just village idiot foaming mouths, can see for themselves and make their own comparisons and judgments... :cool:

Your point was that there aren't that many receivers better than him.

So congrats.

You're sill dumb.

Never need to read his posts, because they are always going to be,,, what they are, and what he will always be. This asswipe stalker arrives to spread his usual crap, and to be the lonely despised drunk loser that he is... :confused:

Yet you still do.

Have you ever called into Paul Finebaum?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT