ADVERTISEMENT

So how we feeling about Nuss?

passoverGator

Bull Gator
Sep 26, 2002
A lot of us were shaky at best about his hiring. Me, I had no idea who he was so didn't have an opinion one way or another.
But that was some fine play-calling last night!!

I've never had a problem with the Nuss hire myself. I thought he was better than what he was getting credit for. I was fine with the hire because I figured between him and McElwain we would be fine offensively.

That 90-yard drive b4 wnd of 1st half was beautiful. Started out conservative deep in own end but when we got out to about the 40 got aggressive. We used to do things like that......until Muschamp. Great to see it again!

Still meh about it, hard to ignore history. But this is McElwain's offense anyway. My concern was that Mac would be having to spend too much time involved in the offense but doesn't seem like it's an issue so far.

Still meh about it, hard to ignore history. But this is McElwain's offense anyway. My concern was that Mac would be having to spend too much time involved in the offense but doesn't seem like it's an issue so far.
Yea, Mac is acting every bit the CEO.

I didn't like him watching his play calling at previous stops but it appears Mac has rubbed off on him very well. You would swear that was Mac - kind of CSU style calling a lot of that game but Nuss is basically calling the plays for the most part.

The Gators have six 30-plus-yard passing touchdowns this season, including two tonight. Florida had five passing touchdowns of 30-plus yards all of last season.

Florida has scored on its second possession in all five games this season—four of those scores were touchdowns

With 271 passing yards tonight, the Gators have amassed their highest passing yardage total (1,270 yards) since posting 1,322 yards through the first five games of the 2007 season.

Florida’s 38 points against No. 3 Ole Miss was its highest total against a top-three opponent since a 41-14 rout of No. 1 Ohio State in the 2007 BCS National Championship Game, while its 28-point margin of victory was its largest against a top-three team since thumping No. 1 Florida State, 52-20, in the 1997 Sugar Bowl and securing the first of its three national championships.

Reactions: 46885
Michi says he loved him from the start! :D

I still think Nuss is a bottom of the barrel OC, but what is evident is that Mac is installing his offense. There was some signs of Nuss in the UT game when we ran draw on EVERY second down. As long as he sticks to being Mac's puppet we will be fine. Then someone will hire him away and regret every minute of it afterwards

I still think Nuss is a bottom of the barrel OC, but what is evident is that Mac is installing his offense. There was some signs of Nuss in the UT game when we ran draw on EVERY second down. As long as he sticks to being Mac's puppet we will be fine. Then someone will hire him away and regret every minute of it afterwards
Pease redeaux?

The Gators have six 30-plus-yard passing touchdowns this season, including two tonight. Florida had five passing touchdowns of 30-plus yards all of last season.

Florida has scored on its second possession in all five games this season—four of those scores were touchdowns

One of those was over 30 yards IN THE AIR. Did we ever throw the ball over 30 yards in the air (successfully) in the entire Muschamp era?

I didn't know much about the man but no matter how much Mac is involved or not the offense has become exciting and what us Gator fans are used to seeing...seeing how fast the offense is developing it awesome. Can't believe the turn around of this team and program in years 1. Kind of like how SOS turned things around when he came in.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT