ADVERTISEMENT

So every SEC team won except Vandy

Undefeated teams with a #69 SoS don't impress me at all.... o_O

And anyone can win one game, especially if they are relatively healthy by playing around among the cupcakes all season. :rolleyes:

Many believe that in most years, winning the SEC-C is tougher than winning a NC.
(and I agree)

if-youre-going-to-be-offended-all-the-time-maybe-the-internet-isnt-the-place-fot-you.jpg

Reactions: MJWilliamson

Didn't offend me at all. What gave you that impression?? I just thought it was interesting that I was called a dumb ass, and then I ridicule MJ for resorting to such juvenile tactics, then I got called out for being disrespectful. Lol go figure

I don't see where anyone was called a dumb ass...unless they are very self conscience.

Didn't offend me at all. What gave you that impression?? I just thought it was interesting that I was called a dumb ass, and then I ridicule MJ for resorting to such juvenile tactics, then I got called out for being disrespectful. Lol go figure

wasn't directed at a particular poster...just at the general vibe the thread has taken.

wasn't directed at a particular poster...just at the general vibe the thread has taken.

It's all good my man, I never take this stuff personally. But you can always tell the ones that do. They reveal themselves as soon as they break out their Internet Billy Bad Azz routine. Lol

It's all good my man, I never take this stuff personally. But you can always tell the ones that do. They reveal themselves as soon as they break out their Internet Billy Bad Azz routine. Lol

Or the attention whores who just don't ever shut up. Those that just have to have last word...with every poster that disagrees with them.

Obviously he really bothered you by his miniature cuss words because you have pulled the "he's an internet badass" card more than once.

But I am the one who needs to get over myself right? Although I'm not the one on a rival board continuing an argument that has gotten away from football topics.

Or the attention whores who just don't ever shut up. Those that just have to have last word...with every poster that disagrees with them.

Obviously he really bothered you by his miniature cuss words because you have pulled the "he's an internet badass" card more than once.

But I am the one who needs to get over myself right? Although I'm not the one on a rival board continuing an argument that has gotten away from football topics.

Oh the irony

You're looking at it too simplistically. If Team A beats it's 6-6 opponent by 14 while Team B beats it's 9-3 opponent by 10, which is more impressive? They both won, but obviously everyone would be more impressed with Team B. Likewise if Team A loses a single game by 3 to a top 10 caliber team while having a top 25 schedule, while Team B goes undefeated against a schedule ranked 70th in the country, which is more impressive? It can't be as simple as just winning because to me then you encourage crap like Power 5 schools scheduling nothing but creampuffs to get in the dance. Look at Texas A&M this year. They have 8 home games, don't leave the state of Texas for 9 of 12 games, and have Ball State, Nevada, and Western Carolina OOC. If they go undefeated while a team with a much tougher schedule has 1-loss, why should they automatically get in? That's the kind of crap you encourage when you don't penalize teams for playing nobody and trying to schedule their way into the playoff.

When it came to FSU, you guys trailed in something like 9 of 12 games, which should not be happening to one of the 4 best teams in the country objectively speaking. And IIRC only two of FSU's opponents finished the year ranked. By comparison I believe TCU only trailed in 2 games all year.

Don't talk over danoleman's head, oozie, you're wasting your time, he's insufferable and doesn't understand

You're looking at it too simplistically. If Team A beats it's 6-6 opponent by 14 while Team B beats it's 9-3 opponent by 10, which is more impressive? They both won, but obviously everyone would be more impressed with Team B. Likewise if Team A loses a single game by 3 to a top 10 caliber team while having a top 25 schedule, while Team B goes undefeated against a schedule ranked 70th in the country, which is more impressive? It can't be as simple as just winning because to me then you encourage crap like Power 5 schools scheduling nothing but creampuffs to get in the dance. Look at Texas A&M this year. They have 8 home games, don't leave the state of Texas for 9 of 12 games, and have Ball State, Nevada, and Western Carolina OOC. If they go undefeated while a team with a much tougher schedule has 1-loss, why should they automatically get in? That's the kind of crap you encourage when you don't penalize teams for playing nobody and trying to schedule their way into the playoff.

When it came to FSU, you guys trailed in something like 9 of 12 games, which should not be happening to one of the 4 best teams in the country objectively speaking. And IIRC only two of FSU's opponents finished the year ranked. By comparison I believe TCU only trailed in 2 games all year.

Don't talk over danoleman's head, oozie, you're wasting your time, he's insufferable and doesn't understand

Like I said to MJ, FSU wasn't penalized because they were in the ACC, it was because they did not perform like a top 4 team. Unlike your TAM example, FSU did not schedule cupcakes. A schedule with OK State, Louisville, Miami, Clemson, Notre Dame, and Florida should be one of the best schedules in the nation. It just didn't work out that way. I will admit, though, had those teams been tougher, I don't know that FSU would have gone undefeated...they were a Top 15 team for sure, but a Top 4? Na.

Last edited:
Agree on all fronts. Had FSU dominated their opponents like the year before, they wouldn't have lost their #1 spot in the rankings IMO.

Agree on all fronts. Had FSU dominated their opponents like the year before, they wouldn't have lost their #1 spot in the rankings IMO.

And that's what I was talking about earlier. It's more difficult winning every single week when there is a target on your back. Winning every game on your schedule is still better than losing no matter how you look doing it. Who really knows what motivates the committee to make the decisions they make. Guess we'll see

Or, if FSU had "struggled" against good opponents, they would have gotten the benefit of the doubt. But in most years, every ACC team has a charmin soft schedule. Struggling against that is not good.

Just saw a stat. Tennessee is 1-27 in their last 28 games against top 25 competition. They can't even blame sanctions for their level of suck. They went from elite program to Kansas level in a few years. If they lose tomorrow I wonder if the wheels come off the Butch Jones bandwagon.

Just saw a stat. Tennessee is 1-27 in their last 28 games against top 25 competition. They can't even blame sanctions for their level of suck. They went from elite program to Kansas level in a few years. If they lose tomorrow I wonder if the wheels come off the Butch Jones bandwagon.

Holy%#^*

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT