ADVERTISEMENT

So every SEC team won except Vandy

Tennessee and Kentucky rightfully should have lost, but that was expected. They squeaked out wins they shouldn't have gotten but we did that plenty of times over the past 4 seasons. At least those two doormats are our first SEC competition this year, so we have a chance to improve week to week before we hit any serious walls in the competition. I like the direction we're heading at least.

Tennessee and Kentucky rightfully should have lost, but that was expected. They squeaked out wins they shouldn't have gotten but we did that plenty of times over the past 4 seasons. At least those two doormats are our first SEC competition this year, so we have a chance to improve week to week before we hit any serious walls in the competition. I like the direction we're heading at least.

Tennessee won 59-30. Squeaked out?

It's an ESPN conspiracy.

youre-doing-it-wrong.jpg.jpg

eSECpn

Get it right, Pass! :p

-----------------

ESECPN-636x356.jpg

esecpn.jpg

Last edited:
I believe the SEC is going to be very very good this year.

Nothing has changed, the SEC never stopped being by far the most dominant football league.

Nothing that happened should have been a surprise to anyone, people think the media and espn love the sec but they did exactly what I said all summer. Helped morons hoping it was true lose their money this weekend thinking something had changed.

All that happened was America poked the Bear and people got raped for their troubles. Wisconsin, ASU a laughable playoff predicted team and Louisville all realistically got handled. Ohio State will win in a close game where they look as average as they always have been against a VT team that has no offense. If VT had any offense or QB play i'd predict them to win tomorrow night. Either way getting 15 points with them is money tomorrow night

I'm use to igloo constantly being an attention whore for FSU. It gets annoying when folks like 29 and all of his copy cat followers all have to chime in.

I know some of you bring" jokes" and" humor, while others like Mets, 29, and similar think "they are keeping the board alive." I would rather see the board die then to scroll through all of the look at me, look at FSU bullcrap that goes on here. Lord please step back just a bit.

Reactions: MJWilliamson
I'm use to igloo constantly being an attention whore for FSU. It gets annoying when folks like 29 and all of his copy cat followers all have to chime in.

I know some of you bring" jokes" and" humor, while others like Mets, 29, and similar think "they are keeping the board alive." I would rather see the board die then to scroll through all of the look at me, look at FSU bullcrap that goes on here. Lord please step back just a bit.

Thanks for the shout out.

He mad

like the ACC's chances of getting into a playoff

AYYYYYYYY LMAO

Either FSU, Clemson or GT gets in. Big 12 gets shut out again. TCU will lose to Iowa State or WV like usual and Baylor is garbage. The rest of the conference is laughable.

Either FSU, Clemson or GT gets in. Big 12 gets shut out again. TCU will lose to Iowa State or WV like usual and Baylor is garbage. The rest of the conference is laughable.
A one loss ACC team would not have made the playoff last year. IMO, a one loss ACC team will not this year either. This assumes the other P5 conference champions are one loss or less.

A one loss ACC team would not have made the playoff last year. IMO, a one loss ACC team will not this year either. This assumes the other P5 conference champions are one loss or less.

Can't make that blanket statement. Depends on that ACC team's schedule and overall performance. Let's say Clemson loses to BC, but soundly beats, FSU, ND, Miami, GT, Louisville, and USCjr as well as wins the ACC. Do you honestly believe they get left out simply because they are a single loss ACC team?

Last edited:
If FSU would have had a loss last year, they wouldn't have had a prayer at getting in, even as defending champs.

That was made evident by their poll positions. Undefeated yet struggling to be in 4th place quite often.

Reactions: MJWilliamson
If FSU would have had a loss last year, they wouldn't have had a prayer at getting in, even as defending champs.

That was made evident by their poll positions. Undefeated yet struggling to be in 4th place quite often.

And if that dont tell you something is wrong with the system then nothing will. No way an undefeated defending national champion should be struggling to remain in 4th place.

And if that dont tell you something is wrong with the system then nothing will. No way an undefeated defending national champion should be struggling to remain in 4th place.

Don't play in a third-world conference and you wont have that problem.

Pretty sure the game against Oregon showed that the pollsters were right, you weren't a top 4 team

Pretty sure the game against Oregon showed that the pollsters were right, you weren't a top 4 team

Again, doesn't matter how the game played out. "Undefeated defending National Champion". Turning the ball over several times in the 3rd qtr will get you beat no doubt. Close game at the half snowballed when the Turnovers started. Playoff committee couldn't predict that. Just like how OSU was almost left out for Baylor or TCU. They need at least 8 teams. 4 in a playoff is pretty damn stupid

Can't make that blanket statement. Depends on that ACC team's schedule and overall performance. Let's say Clemson loses to BC, but soundly beats, FSU, ND, Miami, GT, Louisville, and USCjr as well as wins the ACC. Do you honestly believe they get left out simply because they are a single loss ACC team?
Why yes, yes I can make that statement. And the results of the first week reinforce it. The ACC this year, like last year, is going to be very mediocre. Has any ACC team had a signature win thus far? I

I am assuming you do not disagree with my statement about last year.

Why yes, yes I can make that statement. And the results of the first week reinforce it. The ACC this year, like last year, is going to be very mediocre. Has any ACC team had a signature win thus far? I

I am assuming you do not disagree with my statement about last year.

I do not disagree about last season.

Do you disagree with the [Clemson] scenario I posted above?

What? "Defending National Champs" means nothing in the current year.

What I like about the new system is that people get to use judgement. Most analysts agreed that the *only* reason FSU was invited was because they were undefeated. Most objective polls had them out of the top 4.

I do not disagree about last season.

Do you disagree with the [Clemson] scenario I posted above?
I will say this again; there is no way a one loss ACC team gets an invite.

Maybe that is not fair, as maybe there is one way. So, let me amend slightly; the only way a one loss ACC team gets into the playoffs is if the conference champion from one of the other P5 has two or more losses.

Happy?

Again, doesn't matter how the game played out. "Undefeated defending National Champion". Turning the ball over several times in the 3rd qtr will get you beat no doubt. Close game at the half snowballed when the Turnovers started. Playoff committee couldn't predict that. Just like how OSU was almost left out for Baylor or TCU. They need at least 8 teams. 4 in a playoff is pretty damn stupid

I see what you're saying regarding you guys being the defending champion, but there's two lines of thought there. In any other sport, or really life in general, you don't just retain your spot at the top by holding serve. Every year is a different year. Some teams improve, some teams get worse, and then there are other factors like injuries, SOS, etc. Just because you won in 13' doesn't automatically mean you're a top 4 team the next year, undefeated or not. It doesn't work that way in any other sport so why should CFB be different?

BTW, 4 teams is perfectly fine. You move it to 8, then someone will complain that two top 10 teams get left out. So then it'll move to 10, then 12, then on and on. 4 keeps the regular season as important as ever AND gives teams incentive to beef up their schedule which means we the fans win by seeing better teams. Just being your conference champion should not be enough because conference strength flips year to year. The last thing we need to be doing is giving teams automatic bids in essence. If for example all conference champs get in, If I'm a coach and I've already won my division why wouldn't I rest my players the last 2 games of the season to be fresh for the conference championship game and the playoffs? It'd be like the end of the NFL regular season all over again, which is horrible. The system is fine.

I see what you're saying regarding you guys being the defending champion, but there's two lines of thought there. In any other sport, or really life in general, you don't just retain your spot at the top by holding serve. Every year is a different year. Some teams improve, some teams get worse, and then there are other factors like injuries, SOS, etc. Just because you won in 13' doesn't automatically mean you're a top 4 team the next year, undefeated or not. It doesn't work that way in any other sport so why should CFB be different?

BTW, 4 teams is perfectly fine. You move it to 8, then someone will complain that two top 10 teams get left out. So then it'll move to 10, then 12, then on and on. 4 keeps the regular season as important as ever AND gives teams incentive to beef up their schedule which means we the fans win by seeing better teams. Just being your conference champion should not be enough because conference strength flips year to year. The last thing we need to be doing is giving teams automatic bids in essence. If for example all conference champs get in, If I'm a coach and I've already won my division why wouldn't I rest my players the last 2 games of the season to be fresh for the conference championship game and the playoffs? It'd be like the end of the NFL regular season all over again, which is horrible. The system is fine.

The reason I say 8 is because TCU or Baylor deserved a shot. 4 is just not enough to include all the deserving teams. I agree with you about the conference camps though. Definitely shouldn't be automatic by winning the conference.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT