ADVERTISEMENT

Silly Emmitt Getting Chirpy

What's interesting here is that he is correct about these duties falling to the office of the provost.

In my opinion that's where they should have been in the first place.

Reactions: nail1988
There should be diversity incorporated into admissions. But it shouldn’t be based on race gender or sexual preference. Should be socio economic and it should move the needle on the margins not change the requirements completely. Its like every other do good government policy starts out of and gets nuts. Just look at Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. Look at the progressivity of the tax code, people and the electorate. DUMB

• Love
Reactions: nail1988
There should be diversity incorporated into admissions. But it shouldn’t be based on race gender or sexual preference. Should be socio economic and it should move the needle on the margins not change the requirements completely. Its like every other do good government policy starts out of and gets nuts. Just look at Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. Look at the progressivity of the tax code, people and the electorate. DUMB
Wow, I agree with this. Color me shocked ...

Ldiversity incorporated into admissions. But it shouldn’t be based on race gender or sexual preference. Should be socio economic and it should move the needle on the margins not change the requirements completely. Its like every other do good government policy starts out of and gets nuts. Just look at Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. Look at the progressivity of the tax code, people and the electorate. DUMB

200w.gif

• Haha
Reactions: NavigatorII

ESjdMG6WoAY-Lf0.jpg:large

What's interesting here is that he is correct about these duties falling to the office of the provost.

In my opinion that's where they should have been in the first place.
True. But identity politics ain't gonna raise any cash. 😂 I mean look at Title 9. Who the hell watches women's basketball? Advertisers aren't paying for that. And who wants to watch women's volleyball and swimmers packing 6? :oops:

giphy.gif

Where most of us part is I am a freedom loving American patriot. I don’t see one other person on here that fits that description. Lots of thumpers, not freedom, lots of stimi loving commies, not freedom, and lots of sheep, not freedom loving creatures.

Where most of us part is I am a freedom loving American patriot. I don’t see one other person on here that fits that description. Lots of thumpers, not freedom, lots of stimi loving commies, not freedom, and lots of sheep, not freedom loving creatures.
troll-under-bridge-generative-ai-284094128.jpg

Blah blah blah just shut up already with the recycled nonsense ...

So a less academically qualified poor kid should get preference over a better qualified rich kid?

• Haha
Reactions: Mdfgator
Be hopeful that the less qualified isn't your surgeon or airline pilot.
no kidding, or periodontist. I have personally experienced a barely competent student from a subpar HBCU dental school bully her way into a residency and sue to be given the post-grad degree after holding back the rest of the residents due to her demands that remediation occur to suit her needs (because she was stupid). I won't use her name, but it was hyphenated of course because her husband was an MD ...

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: NavigatorII
Only if they are equally qualified it would be ok.

I am no fan of DEI crap, but if the poor kid is just as qualified, then I have no issue ...
I can see giving poor kids financial assistance but letting it affect the competition for admission seems wrong to me.

• Haha
I can see giving poor kids financial assistance but letting it affect the competition for admission seems wrong to me.
I think we're splitting hairs here. If there's any way to separate the candidates then I am all for the meritocracy.. if by some miracle, they are completely equal I have no problem giving it to the poor kid, since it's essentially a coin toss anyway ...

• Wow
no kidding, or periodontist. I have personally experienced a barely student from a subpar HBCU dental school bully her way into a residency and sue to be given the post-grad degree after holding back the rest of the residents due to her demands that remediation occur to suit her needs (because she was stupid). I won't use her name, but it was hyphenated of course because her husband was an MD ...
I don't have a problem with that either. But we have been scolded that math is racist and part of institutional racism. How are tests supposed to word math problems? Johnny had 4 gats to protect his kilo of smack. How much does the dope need to be cut to double his normal profit?:rolleyes:

So a less academically qualified poor kid should get preference over a better qualified rich kid?
no, you are missing the point, i think i was clear, read what i said twice, and if youre still confused i will assist.

Only if they are equally qualified it would be ok.

I am no fan of DEI crap, but if the poor kid is just as qualified, then I have no issue ...
Frez, youre not seeming to get it either, qualified is someewhat subjective. if i ren a mile in 7 min, but had to avoid landmines the entire run is that more or less qualified than a guy that ran a 6:30 mile downhill with some wind on a soft nice track? thats the issue, the margins shouldnt be yuuuuge but quailifed has to be vetted well...

Frez, youre not seeming to get it either, qualified is someewhat subjective. if i ren a mile in 7 min, but had to avoid landmines the entire run is that more or less qualified than a guy that ran a 6:30 mile downhill with some wind on a soft nice track? thats the issue, the margins shouldnt be yuuuuge but quailifed has to be vetted well...
The dumbest ever post of MANY

Reactions: WW HEISENBERG
Invalid argument. Should a college basketball team with a shitty record be allowed a berth to the NCAA finals because they lucked out and won their conference tournament playing against other sisters of the poor with equally poor records and schedules? MDFer luffs him some DEI like the rest of the snowflakes do. 😂 🤡

There has to be some level of objectivity and some objective measurement. I hated affirmative action and was very glad when it got struck down. This should not be that.

That said, I am in favor of and support admitting marginal students who agreed to spend a proscribed amount of time in underserved communities as a trade-off ...

It is funny once you start learning about the people who scream the loudest. For reference the President of the DEI Organization Paulette Russel who routinely chastises Florida was head of Title IX Department at MSU during the Larry Nassar sexual abuse years.

• Wow
Reactions: FresnoGator
Smith is also just yelling to yell. He says X, Y, and Z will be affected but doesn't actually explain HOW they will be affected. There is also a very popular study that is brought up in regards to companies that emphasize DEI being more successful. But when you read the study and how they concluded the information you learn they never even interviewed actual people.. they pulled it from Glassdoor reviews. Oh and only 18 companies were reviewed.

"We analyzed comments from Glassdoor and
Indeed. We considered US-based comments
made in 2017–19."

"There is no employee-verification system to
ensure that employees do indeed work for the
referenced companies."

DEI may be a good thing.. but how they implement it seems to be a massive shít show and do themselves zero favors actually getting most people to like or care for it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT