ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP: Wuerffel speaks about Spurrier

I talked with Wuerffel a few times before our business/technical writing class that year Dean kept getting yanked and he took over. I went to UF after going in the Army and 2 years of CC first. He seemed really down to earth and nothing was fake about his faith etc. just like Tebow. I was surprised how old he looked when I saw him on TV recently since the guy is so straight laced but people age differently I guess. I am about to turn 55 so my guess is he is around 49 or 50.

I talked with Wuerffel a few times before our business/technical writing class that year Dean kept getting yanked and he took over. I went to UF after going in the Army and 2 years of CC first. He seemed really down to earth and nothing was fake about his faith etc. just like Tebow. I was surprised how old he looked when I saw him on TV recently since the guy is so straight laced but people age differently I guess. I am about to turn 55 so my guess is he is around 49 or 50.
I have met Danny many times...he is from my hometown. His younger brother was married to a daughter of a very good friend of mine. I have never met a more genuine person in my life. I am still very good friends with Jimmy Ray Stephens (Danny's HS coach who followed him to UF as TE coach) He is another GREAT guy.

Reactions: Nicktheslick
Steven Orr Spurrier awakened the sleeping giant Bear Bryant once spoke of. It was amazing, and yet resisted by university powers to begin with. He got the opportunity and blazed trails like no other UF coach before him. One day they need to name the entire stadium after him, not just the field.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT