ADVERTISEMENT

Should Florida and FSU play at the end of the year?

Should Florida and FSU play together at the end of the year?

• Yes Screw the rules and the hippies that make them.

Votes: 27 84.4%
  • No, they should bow down before the almighty SEC and ACC.

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters
As bad as FSU has been the last few years it’s amazing we dodged the loss to an FCS team bullet.

and the loss to UF in the title game was bad but far from the most embarrassing loss in the FSU portfolio. Tough to be considered embarrassing when the winning team was better.

It's been years since Muschamp was rightfully sh+T canned, but his stench still lingers in Gainesville and among us Gator fans. As soon as Muschamp was canned, Jeremy Fooley should have went after Dan Mullen rather than Butters McElwain. Fooley could have eased the pain of the 2013 season by firing Muschamp and going after James Franklin.

It's been years since Muschamp was rightfully sh+T canned, but his stench still lingers in Gainesville and among us Gator fans. As soon as Muschamp was canned, Jeremy Fooley should have went after Dan Mullen rather than Butters McElwain. Fooley could have eased the pain of the 2013 season by firing Muschamp and going after James Franklin.

In hindsight, everything you said is true. But 20-20 hindsight is such clear vision.

Butters turned out to be a bad mistake, but he had that Bama shine on him, which is why we was considered viable at the time.

You talk about Muschamp stench, and it was real, I agree, but there was an even bigger smell, and that was the Meyer miasma. Everything and everyone associated with him was still persona non grata in 2013. The Meyer hate was real, and Mullen was tarred with that same brush. The fact that his wife had claimed to hate Gainesville didn't help. So while Mullen may have been ready to lead UF in 2013, UF wasn't ready to be led by him. And that's why he wasn't our #1 candidate in 2017 either. It was only desperation on our part, where our top candidates didn't seem interested in us, and Mullen started talking to Tennessee, that caused us to pull the trigger.

21 wins later, we have conveniently forgotten all of this and are mad Mullen hasn't been here for a lot longer.

I figure it won't be long before people start saying that when Mullen was heading to MSU we should have fired Meyer and made him the Head Coach right then. I haven't heard it yet, but maybe in a couple more years. We'll see.

Oh wait, I forgot, James Franklin. He had that rape case thing hanging over his head then and it made us hesitate. I doubt we would have gotten him anyway, he's from Pennsylvania, after all, so it was a bit of a homecoming for him.

As bad as FSU has been the last few years it’s amazing we dodged the loss to an FCS team bullet.

I know. You tried so hard to lose to Samford in 2018. I watched the 4th quarter, and you did everything humanly possible to give it away. It just wasn't quite enough.

In hindsight, everything you said is true. But 20-20 hindsight is such clear vision.

Butters turned out to be a bad mistake, but he had that Bama shine on him, which is why we was considered viable at the time.

You talk about Muschamp stench, and it was real, I agree, but there was an even bigger smell, and that was the Meyer miasma. Everything and everyone associated with him was still persona non grata in 2013. The Meyer hate was real, and Mullen was tarred with that same brush. The fact that his wife had claimed to hate Gainesville didn't help. So while Mullen may have been ready to lead UF in 2013, UF wasn't ready to be led by him. And that's why he wasn't our #1 candidate in 2017 either. It was only desperation on our part, where our top candidates didn't seem interested in us, and Mullen started talking to Tennessee, that caused us to pull the trigger.

21 wins later, we have conveniently forgotten all of this and are mad Mullen hasn't been here for a lot longer.

I figure it won't be long before people start saying that when Mullen was heading to MSU we should have fired Meyer and made him the Head Coach right then. I haven't heard it yet, but maybe in a couple more years. We'll see.

Oh wait, I forgot, James Franklin. He had that rape case thing hanging over his head then and it made us hesitate. I doubt we would have gotten him anyway, he's from Pennsylvania, after all, so it was a bit of a homecoming for him.

100% the way ish went down - people have quick memories lol

I still don't think Mullen was ready for the Florida job in 2013/2014. Maybe, sure, but I think a few more years in Starkville really helped.

Franklin would have jumped ship for someone else by now, no doubt about that in my mind.

I still don't think Mullen was ready for the Florida job in 2013/2014. Maybe, sure, but I think a few more years in Starkville really helped.

Franklin would have jumped ship for someone else by now, no doubt about that in my mind.
I still would have taken a not so ready for the Florida job Mullen over Butters after the 2014 season. Will Grier would have been the perfect QB under Mullen and more than likely wouldn't have been suspended for PED's. Butters offensive coaching staff was a joke.

I still would have taken a not so ready for the Florida job Mullen over Butters after the 2014 season. Will Grier would have been the perfect QB under Mullen and more than likely wouldn't have been suspended for PED's. Butters offensive coaching staff was a joke.

You may have been ok with it, but Gator Nation wasn't. Do you remember that coaching search?

You may have been ok with it, but Gator Nation wasn't. Do you remember that coaching search?
Most of Gator Nation wasn't ready for Dan Mullen after McElwain because some thought it would be either Chip Kelly or Scott Frost. I also thought when Muschamp was canned, McElwain was the only coach Fooley searched for.

Reactions: gatorbuilderorlando
Anyway you look at it we came out in great shape. Mullen got his feet wet in Starkville and proved he could do more with less (a lot less). We got a coach that loves what he does, loves his players and seems to like being here. Suffering through the tough last few years might turn out to be worth it.

Reactions: instaGATOR
Most of Gator Nation wasn't ready for Dan Mullen after McElwain because some thought it would be either Chip Kelly or Scott Frost. I also thought when Muschamp was canned, McElwain was the only coach Fooley searched for.

We never know who all got contacted. We hear rumors of guys being contacted who never were, and guys get contacted we never hear about. That's all schools, not just us.

This is hilarious.... "no real cupcakes" lol...

Ole Miss - 4-8
South Carolina - 4-8
Missouri - 6-6
Arkansas - 2-10
Vanderbilt - 3-9

Those are some REAL powerhouses right there..... Scaryyyyyyyyyy........ Oh yeah, Brutallllllllll
You may as well add your Holes to that list as FSU is headed for a 3rd consecutive losing season.

Oh, and a bump BTW.

If you continue with this, I'm going to start talking about the worst, most embarrassing loss in FSU history, which happened in the 1997 Sugar Bowl. I believe the score was 52-20? Yes, I think that's right.

What are you talking about? That was one of their greatest days. There are rumors to this day that Bobby Bowden was actually on their sidelines prowling about, looking up at scoreboards and the crowd. Probably nobody can ever prove that, but at least it's a good story after all these years.

I will say that I believe if Bama had an OOC game they played every year, the SEC would have been much more receptive to the idea of adding that 11th game.

LG89,

You're Kidding, right ! LOL

The SEC really seems sometimes to just be designed with one goal in mind, to set Bama up to win football NC's.

And what an incredible job they have done !

Did you know that -

Alabama claims twelve national championships: 1925, 1926, 1930, 1934, 1941, 1961, 1964, 1965, 1973, 1978, 1979, and 1992.
Additionally, some individuals have awarded a national championship for 1945, 1962, 1966, 1975, and 1977.

The time may have come (actually the time came 40 years ago) to clean house at the SEC offices and move them to someplace like Atlanta. See what the world is like if all the SEC teams are treated the same and not just as Bama's toys.

Why would you want to take the SEC office out of Bama's hip pocket ?

It took them two years to move the SECCG from Legion Field in Birmingham, Alabama to the Georgia Dome in Atlanta.

Don't expect miracles ! LOL

It really is too bad we can’t play them. It would be a blowout and would probably hurt their recruiting efforts even more.

Now days, any recruit with offers from both schools that chooses FSUcks over UF, is definitely not smart enough to make it at UF, so Clown-U would be a good choice for them.... 😉

Reactions: ih8f$u
Im just gunna say it... UF and FSU would be a close game. Fsu would win 4 out of 10

LG89,

You're Kidding, right ! LOL

And what an incredible job they have done !

Did you know that -

Alabama claims twelve national championships: 1925, 1926, 1930, 1934, 1941, 1961, 1964, 1965, 1973, 1978, 1979, and 1992.
Additionally, some individuals have awarded a national championship for 1945, 1962, 1966, 1975, and 1977.

Why would you want to take the SEC office out of Bama's hip pocket ?

It took them two years to move the SECCG from Legion Field in Birmingham, Alabama to the Georgia Dome in Atlanta.

Don't expect miracles ! LOL

It's more than 12 now. What is it, 17?

I'm just glad "Big Game Bob" always said no. Defensive coordinators just really don't seem right for UF. Not Charley Pell, not Champ. Foley reached for a unicorn with Butters, maybe he thought he was the next Bobby Bowden? Swing and a miss. I never wanted Chip Kelly either. FTS. Wouldn't have wanted Harbaugh even if he begged. Frost was interesting to me. Young enough to be a legacy, and coaching at UF he'd have plenty of access to talent. Nebraska can't say that in 2020. I'm more than happy with Mullen. Excited really.

It is really too bad we don’t get to play FSU this year. There has to be a way we can get that game on our schedule.

Florida needs a break from their SEC schedule and play
an easy patsy from the ACC like Florida State.
:cool:

Didn't the Florida legislature mandate the Florida-FSU game be played in the 1950s?
That's what some of these 'nolies keep telling us.
We need to ask the Governor to make this happen at the end of the season
- perhaps play it after the SECCG!

Reactions: gatordad3
Get ready for the Miami hype.

Miami's record in 2019.
From 6-7 to #8 ranking after playing a soft ACC schedule!
Wow!

In their 2019 bowl game, Miami even got shut out by Louisiana Tech (Jeff Driskel's old school)

Sat, Aug 24vs 8 Florida *L24-20 0-1 (0-0)Williams 214Dallas 94Jordan 88
Sat, Sep 7@ North Carolina L28-25 0-2 (0-1)Williams 309Dallas 107Harley 79
Sat, Sep 14vs Bethune-Cookman W63-0 1-2 (0-1)Williams 254Dallas 108Pope 92
Sat, Sep 21vs Central Michigan W17-12 2-2 (0-1)Williams 250Dallas 34Jordan 70
Sat, Oct 5vs Virginia Tech L42-35 2-3 (0-2)Perry 422Dallas 66Jordan 136
Fri, Oct 11vs 20 Virginia W17-9 3-3 (1-2)Perry 182Dallas 63Osborn 60
Sat, Oct 19vs Georgia Tech L28-21 OT 3-4 (1-3)Perry 188Harris 136Wiggins 62
Sat, Oct 26@ Pittsburgh W16-12 4-4 (2-3)Perry 104Harris 60Osborn 94
Sat, Nov 2@ Florida State W27-10 5-4 (3-3)Williams 313Dallas 61Thomas 84
Sat, Nov 9vs Louisville W52-27 6-4 (4-3)Williams 253Dallas 96Harley 116
Sat, Nov 23@ Florida International L30-24 6-5 (4-3)Williams 249Harris 86Mallory 71
Sat, Nov 30@ Duke L27-17 6-6 (4-4)Williams 142Burns 48Mallory 93
DATEOPPONENTRESULTW-L (CONF)HI PASSHI RUSHHI REC
WALK-ON'S INDEPENDENCE BOWL
Thu, Dec 26vs Louisiana Tech *L14-0 6-7 (4-4)

• Haha
Sorry, but no patsy opponents are allowed this year.... ;)
I think we can make an exception. They could certainly use the revenue that a decent team would bring, since they won’t be able to fill their 25% capacity with their sh877y band wagon “fans”, plus I don’t want them pretending like the beat downs we are going to deliver them the next few decades or so we’re not continuous bc they were able to hide behind a pandemic. Hiding from competition is what they do. It’s why they ran to the acc. They got to beat up on cupcakes for decades, and now that the chickens have come home to roost, I’m not cool on them not getting the pay back they deserve. We should play them and we should put up 200 on them. It can be done. I do it in NCAA football ‘14 all the time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT