ADVERTISEMENT

SELECTION TIME!! Will the Gators Make it In? Which Regional Host do you Prefer??

JasonHigdon

Bull Gator
Staff
Nov 5, 2021
SELECTION TIME!!

ESPN had a good breakdown of the Regional Host Sites. I have yet to find much information out there and thought you would like to see where we stand heading into Selection Monday.......

If You had your choice of where you think the Gators would have the best chance, where would you have them travel? It's a bit tough because you don't know all of the teams going to each regional, but based on each host, where would you want the Gators to go assuming they get in?

FROM ESPN

INDIANAPOLIS --
Five schools from The Atlantic Coast Conference and Southeastern Conference were selected Sunday as regional host sites for the NCAA Division I baseball tournament.

All 16 regional hosts announced by the Division I Baseball Committee locked up spots in the national tournament. The rest of the 64-team field and first-round matchups will be unveiled Monday.

Clemson (41-14), Florida State (42-15), North Carolina State (33-20), North Carolina (42-13) and Virginia (41-15) led the way for the ACC as hosts for the four-team, double-elimination regionals. It's the 36th time Florida State is hosting, the most in NCAA Division I history.

Tennessee (50-11), which won the SEC tournament and will host a regional, is expected to be the No. 1 overall seed for the NCAA tournament. Arkansas (43-14), Georgia (39-15), Kentucky (40-14), and Texas A&M (44-13) also were selected as host sites from the SEC.

Also hosting regionals scheduled from Friday through next Monday: Oklahoma (37-19) -- for the first time since 2010 -- and Oklahoma State (40-17) from the Big 12; Arizona (36-21) and Oregon State (42-14) from the Pac-12; East Carolina (43-15) from the American Athletic Conference; and UC Santa Barbara (42-12) from the Big West.

It's the second time UC Santa Barbara is hosting a regional but the first on campus, after it hosted at the neutral site of Lake Elsinore in 2015.

The 16 regional winners advance to the best-of-three super regionals, and those eight winners go to the College World Series in Omaha, Nebraska, beginning June 14.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News