ADVERTISEMENT

SEC Coach of the Year....

Kentucky is actually good. Everybody else is a distant second to Stoops. It would take a massive flop by UK in the second half of the season to give anybody else a shot.

Disagree. No homerism but most pundits had us as a 6-6 team, 7-5 at best fighting for a bowl game. We have a legitimate chance at 10-2 after having gone 4-8 last year. Mullen has to be in the convo.

Disagree. No homerism but most pundits had us as a 6-6 team, 7-5 at best fighting for a bowl game. We have a legitimate chance at 10-2 after having gone 4-8 last year. Mullen has to be in the convo.

That’s better than the 5-7 pundits had for UK

We will be a solid silver medalist. Many nice things will be said.

But it's KENTUCKY.

Reactions: IrishPokerDog
“Everybody else is a distant second to Stoops.”

I think you may be underestimating just how awful the Mac/Nuss/Shannon staff was. Mullen looks like a literal rocket scientist to have this team 5-1 after going to Knoxville, Starkville and playing a Top 5 LSU! Stoops is by no damn way running away with anything.

Yep, Mullen is in the convo right now, definitely no worse than Top 3.

To this point...and I'm not talking future. Orge has been impressive with wins vs Miami and Auburn...althou Auburn has lost a little luster. But Orge losing to us won't look as bad when it all plays out.

It's unfair, but Saban is doing as expected.

They were better than us last year. Shrugs.

Everybody was better than us last year. Except Tennessee.

Ok, look. Let's say you are Joe Arkansas writer guy. You have to vote for SEC coach of the year. You see Mullen, in his first year, take a 4-7 team to 10-2. That's damn impressive. But then you remember that Florida has won 9 or more games 4 of the past 6 years. And then you see Stoops, who is in his 6th year, and took his team to 9-3. Which is the first time Kentucky has won 9 games in 35 years. And they also broke the 31 year UF win streak.

So who do you vote for? Stoops first, and Mullen second.

Seems obvious to me.

I think UF would have to have at least 2 more wins than UK to put Mullen on equal footing.

Everybody was better than us last year. Except Tennessee.

Ok, look. Let's say you are Joe Arkansas writer guy. You have to vote for SEC coach of the year. You see Mullen, in his first year, take a 4-7 team to 10-2. That's damn impressive. But then you remember that Florida has won 9 or more games 4 of the past 6 years. And then you see Stoops, who is in his 6th year, and took his team to 9-3. Which is the first time Kentucky has won 9 games in 35 years. And they also broke the 31 year UF win streak.

So who do you vote for? Stoops first, and Mullen second.

Seems obvious to me.

I think UF would have to have at least 2 more wins than UK to put Mullen on equal footing.

But essentially Mullen is getting discounted because of the name on the helmet even though our roster is closer to a typical UK team than it is a typical Florida team. We’ve also won only 4 games twice in the last five years. And there’s holes all over the roster. We have talent in spots, but man for man UK probably has a better roster than we do. Throw in that this is Stoops’ 6th year and he’s had time to build up to a result Mullen will pass in one year and the argument becomes much more unclear.

I wouldn’t argue with you having Stoops 1. What I’m saying is it’s a lot closer than you’re making it out to be.

But essentially Mullen is getting discounted because of the name on the helmet even though our roster is closer to a typical UK team than it is a typical Florida team. We’ve also won only 4 games twice in the last five years. And there’s holes all over the roster. We have talent in spots, but man for man UK probably has a better roster than we do. Throw in that this is Stoops’ 6th year and he’s had time to build up to a result Mullen will pass in one year and the argument becomes much more unclear.

I wouldn’t argue with you having Stoops 1. What I’m saying is it’s a lot closer than you’re making it out to be.

It is definitely all about the name on the helmet. I hadn't thought about it in such a straightforward fashion as you stated it, but that is pretty much my argument.

And I'm not saying it's right, only that it's real.

Like I said last week. Mullen, Stoops, and Orge at this point. Sure Saban as well but as stated Saban is doing as expected. The other 3 to this point are doing what's not expected. Mullen beat Orge who beat Smart. Stoops best Mullen who beat Orge, who beat Smart.

Still a lot of ball left but those 3 are ahead of where most pundits predicted them.

Have to see how it plays out. My guess would be Mullen gets it if we win the SEC East and Stoops probably if we don't and they end up with a 9-3 or better record. Jimbo could be a sleeper for it possibly if they pull some upsets ahead.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
Have to see how it plays out. My guess would be Mullen gets it if we win the SEC East and Stoops probably if we don't and they end up with a 9-3 or better record. Jimbo could be a sleeper for it possibly if they pull some upsets ahead.
Yep Jimbo still has a chance.

We know for sure the award isn't going to Gus. :D:D:D

Yep Jimbo still has a chance.

We know for sure the award isn't going to Gus. :D:D:D

I think Orge still has a chance too. His only loss is to one of the top contenders for COY. I think that has to put him in.

Saban has no chance unless everyone else bombs out. It will probably come down to who has the best record between Mullen, Stoops, Ogre and Fisher. Stoops would be the only one that could win it with a worse record than the other guys.

I think Orge still has a chance too. His only loss is to one of the top contenders for COY. I think that has to put him in.

Saban has no chance unless everyone else bombs out. It will probably come down to who has the best record between Mullen, Stoops, Ogre and Fisher. Stoops would be the only one that could win it with a worse record than the other guys.

I think an East winning Mullen or a 9-3 Stoops would get it over a 10-2 Ogre.

Whoever wins the SEC East except Kirby gets the award, even though Saban should get it. They are so dominant that you have to recognize Saban.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT