ADVERTISEMENT

Inside Access scUM

kcflagator

Chomp Artist
Gold Member
Nov 29, 2021
I’ve been pretty quiet in recent weeks. I’m trying to be realistically optimistic.

Here are my thoughts:

We are a much deeper team than we’ve been in the recent past - especially on the defensive side of the ball. We have more athletes than we have had in the last five years.

Our coaches on the defensive side of the ball are more engaged this year. We are hitting in practice. We are tackling. We are being way more physical.

There has been a significant focus on special teams.

The strength and conditioning program is much improved. You guys know what I thought about the prior coach of strength and conditioning. I am much happier with where we are now.

The feeling in the clubhouse is that this is a much improved team from last year. Am I drinking the Kool-Aid? I’m at least sipping it. But not gulping it just yet.

The schedule is brutal if not unfair. It will be difficult for us to overcome significant injuries this year given that each week we play another nasty opponent.

The coaches are pumped. They are hyped. They feel like they are going to get the swamp jumping and this team will do great things this year. They are not afraid. They are 100% confident that the pundits are underestimating our Florida Gators.

We will see. It all starts in one week. The Miami game may be the most important game we have played in years.

Are you ready? I am.

KC

Last edited by a moderator:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.