ADVERTISEMENT

Scratch 2 "Candidates" For Vols & Noles Coaching Jobs

monty55

Bull Gator
Gold Member
Sep 5, 2001
Last night's "Football" Game between UCLA @ Washington St ended Chip Kelly's & Mike Leach's shot at either school......67-63 Final score WITHOUT overtime!!! Cougars QB throws NINE touchdowns and LOSES!?!? UCLA is down 32 points in 3rd Quarter and comes all the way back!?!?

Anybody heard of DEFENSE???? What a Concept!!!

If either one of those Defensive Geniuses came to CFB Country, Scoreboards would need a 3rd digit to keep score....

I couldn't believe what I saw in that game. Was far more entertaining than the boring Georgia-ND disaster. UCLA was down 49-17 in the 3rd quarter. They hadn't scored in more than 20 minutes of the game at that point and WSU seemed to do whatever it wanted to on offense. Then something somehow clicked and all of a sudden UCLA is just getting miraculous TD drive one after another after another while WSU all of a sudden starts turning the ball over on just about every other drive it had. 6 turnovers for WSU in the 2nd half brought UCLA back. If you thought UT losing to BYU in the final 20 seconds of regulation was against all odds, that game had nothing on this one.

Of course the entire time, all I could think of is, why doesn't anyone on the west coast ever play defense? Do they even pay these defensive coordinators because they shouldn't. Has the NFL ever drafted a defensive player west of the Mississippi and if so, why?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT