ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting Scoop: Big-time DE from Miami gearing up for official visit to Florida

Corey Bender

Administrator
Mar 26, 2018

I just exchanged messages with Miami-based edge rusher and former Miami commit, Donell Harris, who recently classified to the 2020 class.

Harris, who will likely land in the updated Rivals100, tells me he will be officially visiting the Gators in the coming weeks. The 6-foot-6, 205-pound received his official offer from Dan Mullen's staff this afternoo as well.

"(In a) few weeks but not a specific day," Harris said when asked if he has plans to return to Gainesville.

Would it be an official or unofficial visit?

"Official," Harris replied.

This is pretty big news considering Harris left Florida out of his top five back on July 10. Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, LSU and Texas A&M made that list.

However, Harris says Florida is currently a top 10 school in his recruitment, so there is room to improve there, but finalizing an official visit date would be huge for Mullen's staff. It sounds like it will likely be going down during the first

Many were under the impression that out-of-state suitors would receive OVs, including myself, but it doesn't sound like that is the case. The Miami Gulliver prep defender would likely suit up at BUCK, but outside linebacker is definitely a possibility as well. I view him more as a hybrid at this time.

Harris has visited Gainesville just one time and that was for a camp roughly two months ago. Brian Johnson and David Turner are some of the coaches keeping in contact with him.

That story can be viewed HERE.

Stay tuned!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News