ADVERTISEMENT

Ricky Pearsall to the 49ers

So can someone tell me why UF and FSU had the exact amount of draft picks in the 1st round, one each?

FSU had half their roster opt out vs Georgia while watching their team get ass raped on national TV just to protect their 1st round draft status. Classic!

Being an old, he reminded me of Carlos Alverez. More shifty than a blazer and always managed to get open.
I forgot to add a couple more things........both had drops as rare as hen's teeth. And wait a damn minute.......didn't Insta once claim he wasn't our #1 receiver, way down the roster list? Did I remember this correctly? 😂

I forgot to add a couple more things........both had drops as rare as hen's teeth. And wait a damn minute.......didn't Insta once claim he wasn't our #1 receiver, way down the roster list? Did I remember this correctly? 😂
Insta had a hard on for the Whittemore brothers and claimed they were better than Pearsall.

Reactions: Countygator1
Coaching, system, play calling, the QB, and who starts vs who just makes an appearance or 2, can all certainly affect the stats, and who gets them.
Just the FACTS ma'am, I'll leave the lying, twisted, cherry picked BS up to my few idiot detractors. 😛

#1 WR Justin Shorter had better stats that season,,, until he went down injured.

WR Justin Shorter 6-4 223 rsJr
9 Gms - 29 for 577 yds, 2 TD's

WR Ricky Pearsall 6-1 200 Jr
13 Gms - 33 for 661 yds, 5 TD's
Rush - 8 for 113 yds, 1 TD

In 4 more games, Ricky had 84 more Yds, and 3 more TD's, with no competition from Shorter in those last 4 games.

WR Trent Whittemore 6-3 206 rsSo
7 Gms - 4 for 86 yds, 21.5 yds/rec.

WR Ja'Quavion Fraziars 6-3.5 212 So
10 Gms 5 for 60 yds, 1 TD

WR Xzavier Henderson 6-3 195 So
11 Gms - 38 for 410, 2 TD's
He also returned 7 kickoffs for 11 yards and 11 punts for 108 yards…

Daejon Reynolds rsFr
8 Gms - 11 for 244 yds, 2 TD's

Kahleil Jackson 6-3 214 rsFr
6 Gms - 2 for 43 yds, 21.5 yds/rec
==========

As to Carlos Alvarez Vazquez Rodriguez Ubieta (born April 1, 1950), he was a 2X All-American WR for the Florida Gators football team of the University of Florida from 1969 to 1971. The 'Cuban Comet' was also a member of the Academic All-America Hall of Fame. He holds several Gators records and is a practicing attorney in Tallahassee. After leaving Gainesville, Alvarez graduated Summa Cum Laude in 1975 from Duke University School of Law after receiving a NCAA Post-Graduate Scholarship. (injuries and being smart prevented him going on to the NFL)
Carlos
was much better than Pearsall imoho, and Wes Chandler was a better WR than either of them.

Wesley Sandy Chandler (born August 22, 1956) was one of the greatest pass receivers in Florida history, Wes Chandler amassed a Hall of Fame career while rewriting the Florida record books. He becomes the eighth Gator to be inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame..
I have nothing against Ricky personally, seems like a decent guy and I wish him well in life. Moving on.....

Wes was also a WR in the NFL for 11 seasons during the 1970s and 1980s. He was selected to the Pro Bowl 4 times, and ranked 12th in NFL history in receiving yards and 13th in receptions when he retired. He finished his NFL career with 559 receptions for 8,966 yards and 56 TD's, cementing him as one of the most underrated receivers in NFL history. He also handled punt return and kickoff return duties, bringing his career all-purpose yardage to 10,561.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mrs. Sadgator
Napier, with his Mertz and Pearsall transfers, instead of developing the HS recruits that chose to be Gator from the get-go still went 5-7, so lets continue on that kind of path far into the future..... 🙄

Napier, with his Mertz and Pearsall transfers, instead of developing the HS recruits that chose to be Gator from the get-go still went 5-7, so lets continue on that kind of path far into the future..... 🙄
Without Mertz and Pearsall might have been 2-10. Nah, got to work the portal these days if you want to win. None of the guys left out would have made any difference.

I really liked Pearsall and have no doubt he was the best wide receiver among an overall weak group that we had the last 2 years. He was double teamed most of the time because he was the only one other teams feared. I think he will be an excellent pro if he stays healthy and I wish him nothing but the best. A great Gator, IMO.

Reactions: gatordad3
The 49ers just became more dangerous with Pearsall in the lineup, and I've hated the Niners for the past 50 years.

I don't really care how any of them do in the NFL, because I don't watch it anymore and I haven't for years now.... What they do or did as Gator's is what I'm concerned with. That said:

WR Justin Shorter

Sure handed -- The Gators wide receiver proved himself as a reliable target in Florida's passing game over his final two seasons as a starter. Over the course of the 2021 and 2022 campaigns, Shorter had just one drop on 114 targets.

Downfield threat -- Most of his receptions were deep downfield in his final season with the Gators. Evidence of that came in his eye-popping average of almost 20 yards per reception (19.9). That average was good for second most in the SEC.

I believe that Justin was limited in his final season by the HC/OC, the system, as the majority of the passes were in the short to medium range. Plus Mertz and Pearsall were buddies, while Mertz and Shorter were not. Makes a difference imo. (i.e. Wuerffel (708 for 10,875 yds, 114 TD's) and Doering (149 for 2,107 yds, 14.1 Ave, 31 TD's) were buddies)

Who's better? Mine's bigger arguments can be fun at times, but does it really matter now? They are both Gator history at this point....

The Gator's 2024 WR Group: (UF Spring Roster with 247 Rankings)
Coaches and QB's are out of receiver excuses as far as I'm concerned, plenty of WR talent.

#41 WR Ja'Quavion Fraziars 6-3.5 218 Sr ****

#68 WR xfer Chimere Dike 6-0.25 195 Sr *** - Wis xfer (#63 HS ****)

WR Kahleil Jackson 6-3 215 rsJr *** - WO - HS QB-dt, earned a ship & starter
Two-time SEC Fall Academic Honor Roll (2022-23

#23 WR Marcus Burke 6-3.75 193 rsJr ****

#36 xfer WR Elijhah Badger 6-2 190 rsJr **** - AzSt xfer May 17, 2024 (#6 HS Ath)

#16 Ath/WR Eugene Wilson III 5-10 181 So **** - starter, Fr All SEC & Fr AA

#26 WR Aidan Mizell 6-1.5 182 rsFr ****

#58 WR Andy Jean 6-1 191 Fr ***

#37 WR Tank Hawkins 5-9.5 170 Fr ****

#41 WR TJ Abrams 5-11 175 Fr ****

The 2024 starters and rotation will sort itself out at Fall practice.
==========

Taylor Spierto 6-0 206 rsJr - WO (TD from Lagway in O&B game)
Earned his bachelor's degree in Economics (Spring 2024) with Cum Laude honors

Zak Sedaros 5-10.25 179 rsSo - WO - Also UF track and field team.
Chi Alpha Sigma National College Athlete Honor Society (Spring 2024)

Alex Gonzalez 5-10.75 195 rsSo - PWO
SEC Fall Academic Honor Roll (2023)

Jaden Edgecombe 5-8 178 rsFr - WO

Jackson Wade 5-11 171 rsFr - PWO

Brian Green Jr 6-0 193 rsFr - PWO

I don't really care how any of them do in the NFL, because I don't watch it anymore and I haven't for years now.... What they do or did as Gator's is what I'm concerned with. That said:

WR Justin Shorter

Sure handed --
The Gators wide receiver proved himself as a reliable target in Florida's passing game over his final two seasons as a starter. Over the course of the 2021 and 2022 campaigns, Shorter had just one drop on 114 targets.

Downfield threat -- Most of his receptions were deep downfield in his final season with the Gators. Evidence of that came in his eye-popping average of almost 20 yards per reception (19.9). That average was good for second most in the SEC.

I believe that Justin was limited in his final season by the HC/OC, the system, as the majority of the passes were in the short to medium range. Plus Mertz and Pearsall were buddies, while Mertz and Shorter were not. Makes a difference imo. (i.e. Wuerffel (708 for 10,875 yds, 114 TD's) and Doering (149 for 2,107 yds, 14.1 Ave, 31 TD's) were buddies)

Who's better? Mine's bigger arguments can be fun at times, but does it really matter now? They are both Gator history at this point....
Unlikely Shorter ever sees the field in NFL, although I hope he does. Meanwhile Pearsall will get significant playing time as a rookie. Pearsall was clearly better. But what we do know is that Pearsall was way better than Whittemore, who you claimed was better and that Pearsall was taking snaps away from.

• Haha
Reactions: instaGATOR
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT