ADVERTISEMENT

Ricky Pearsall Out Indefinitely

It sucks…and sadgator ain’t sayin’ it isn’t a notable loss….but let’s get real…Pearsall caught 580 yards and four touchdowns last year. If that makes or breaks Florida’s season, then we probably aren’t any good.

Hope he recovers quickly…
Going to be the best possession WR on the team. We need him really really bad. Modern day Chris Doering.

He’s just the best WR on the team period. I told everybody that a few weeks ago. Unfortunately it is the weakest position group on the offensive side of the ball
Played well against Utah but disappeared in the second half

My guess is Utah made some halftime adjustments to focus more on Pearsall. Richardson didn't try to force the ball into coverage except for maybe one time when he was under pressure and going down. Other than that he did a really good job of finding the open guy. We need to get our Tight ends more involved, like Utah did. They ate us up, especially #80.

Reactions: gatordad3
My guess is Utah made some halftime adjustments to focus more on Pearsall. Richardson didn't try to force the ball into coverage except for maybe one time when he was under pressure and going down. Other than that he did a really good job of finding the open guy. We need to get our Tight ends more involved, like Utah did. They ate us up, especially #80.
I’m not certain but I believe he was their leading WR/TE last year.

Reactions: Gator Fever
Concerns for the iG:

Trent 0 targets.
TE's, 1 for Zipperer...

But this is what you get when you run the ball a lot more than passing it.

But I expect that will open up some when opposing teams begin to fill the box against the Napier run offense....

Reactions: gatordad3
Pearsall 4 receptions on 5 targets, for 67 yards.

Henderson 6 receptions on 6 targets, for
41 yds.

Shorter 2 receptions on 4 targets for 25 yds.

And let's not forget one important catch...
Fraziars 1 reception on 1 target for a 2 Pt conversion.
Otherwise, UU might have just kicked a FG to win the game instead of risking that Int.
Without the 2-Pt conversion, it would have been 28-26 on UU last drive and a FG would have won it for them, instead of a tie and OT.

Anthony/Napier need to learn how to spread the ball around a lot better imo, if they want to compete in the SEC.

Zipperer - 1 catch on 1 target for 7 yds vs UU.
Career - 25 for 309 Yds, 12.4 Yds/Rec, 3 TD's, L-39

Keeter - Elksnis - Boardingham Fr - fast with good hands.
The first 2 have a Pitts-light look to them.

Zanders - Odom - Hanson Fr - Big heavies, slower with decent hands.

Don't they have a TE's coach? If so, what's he been doing for the last 9 months???

And Trent Whittemore 6-3 206 rsSo has been a solid possession receiver when he wasn't hurt in 2 previous seasons, and he's 100% now....
Career - 29 for 338 Yds, 11.7 Yds/Rec, 2 TD's, L-45

Zipperer - 1 catch on 1 target for 7 yds vs UU.
Career - 25 for 309 Yds, 12.4 Yds/Rec, 3 TD's, L-39

Keeter - Elksnis - Boardingham Fr - fast with good hands.
The first 2 have a Pitts-light look to them.

Zanders - Odom - Hanson Fr - Big heavies, slower with decent hands.

Don't they have a TE's coach? If so, what's he been doing for the last 9 months???

And Trent Whittemore 6-3 206 rsSo has been a solid possession receiver when he wasn't hurt in 2 previous seasons, and he's 100% now....
Career - 29 for 338 Yds, 11.7 Yds/Rec, 2 TD's, L-45
They are all blocking TEs except Elksnis and Boardingham. Elksnis has been hurt a few times that had hurt is progress and Boardingham is a true freshmen that is also hurt right now I believe. Noah Keeter is a converted LB to TE and is a walk-on. And Dante Zanders is a converted DE to TE. That is how bad Mullen recruited that position.

I believe. Noah Keeter is a converted LB to TE and is a walk-on. And Dante Zanders is a converted DE to TE. That is how bad Mullen recruited that position.
Do you ever know what you're talking about????
(sorry, nothing personal, but jusdamn Paco!)

Yeah, what a complete bum that 2018 #5 TE Kyle Pitts guy was....
He was only the highest drafted TE in NFL History!

JuCo #1 TE Lucas Krull #4 Natl - 2018: Played in all 13 games as a key member of Florida’s special teams units and served as a reserve tight end… Tallied six catches for 75 yards......
When he realized that Pitts was the dude, he xfered to Pitt. From there, he was drafted to the NFL and I believe he's with the Saints for 2022.

2019 TE Keon Zipperer, Natl 104, was the #2 rated TE.

2020 #32 TE Jonathan Odom (legacy Jason)

He was only listed as a 3-star, but he had 38 freakin' offers:
UA-AU-Ark-LSU-SCa-VU + FSU-Mia-tOSU-Mich-PSU, etc...

#12 TE Gage Wilcox ****
- Suffered a career ending injury at Nappy's Spring practice.
#15 TE Nick Elksnis with 22 Offers; also injured out at Nappy's Spring practice -- UF-MsSt-SCa-TN + FSU-Mia-PSU-Mich-tOSU, etc...

Amazing how crappy Mullen recruited TE's....
🙄

#29 TE Dante Zander - 2018 - He was recruited as a TE and that's where he was as a Fr & rsFr.
2018 (Freshman): Earned a redshirt as he appeared in two games as a reserve TE and special team’s contributor..
2019 (Redshirt Freshman): Appeared in all 13 games as a reserve TE.
2020-21 Switched to DE for depth at the request of staff.
2022 Zanders left little doubt as to whether or not it was a frictionless transition. The senior from Boca Raton, Florida, put together an excellent showing during the Gators’ spring game on Thursday night, pacing all players with 56 receiving yards and tying the game lead with 5 receptions. It was a fitting end to a great spring.
“He has ability,” Napier said. “I mean, the guy's 6-foot-5 and a quarter, he's 260 pounds, he's loose, he can transition, he's got good ball skills. Most importantly he's smart and he's consistent. I can't compliment him enough. I mean he's been the story of the spring." (and staying at TE)
-----
2020 - Was moved to DE at the coaches request.
2021 - Continued as a reserve DE.
2022 - In Spring, move back to TE at Billy's request, due to 3 injured TE's.

Noah Keeter - 2019 to UCLA as a LB, no appearances, redshirted.
2020 rsFr - xfer to UF and a WO, he was a teammate of Whittemore's.
2021 rsSo - no appearances at LB in 20 or 21, but 2X SEC Academic Honor Roll. (he ain't no tackling dummy)
2022 - Like Zanders, he was asked to move to TE for Spring. He did so well there that he's remained at TE at the coaches request.

Keeter said the switch to the offensive side was something he was pursuing before it became a necessity. “I approached coach Napier at the end of our identity phase or kind of towards the beginning, 'I want to transition.' They said, 'We'll work it out, we'll see what happens with bodies and stuff like that.' They realized we were a little (injury) thin, so one day coach Peagler called me up and said 'All right, we're going to make the switch.' I said, 'OK, let's do it.' Got in that day, learned the offense and went out to practice."

Surprisingly, Zanders wasn’t the only former defensive player who stood out on offense during the
Orange and Blue game. Walk-on Noah Keeter, a Gainesville native who transferred to Florida after a year as a linebacker at UCLA, caught 3 passes for 53 yards and a TD. His receiving yards were tied for the 2nd-most in the game.

If the TE coach can't coach them up, and if Nappy can't find a way to get the TE's active in the games,,,, then that's not on the players!
🤓

Do you ever know what you're talking about????
(sorry, nothing personal, but jusdamn Paco!)

Yeah, what a complete bum that 2018 #5 TE Kyle Pitts guy was....
He was only the highest drafted TE in NFL History!

JuCo #1 TE Lucas Krull #4 Natl - 2018: Played in all 13 games as a key member of Florida’s special teams units and served as a reserve tight end… Tallied six catches for 75 yards......
When he realized that Pitts was the dude, he xfered to Pitt. From there, he was drafted to the NFL and I believe he's with the Saints for 2022.

2019 TE Keon Zipperer, Natl 104, was the #2 rated TE.

2020 #32 TE Jonathan Odom (legacy Jason)

He was only listed as a 3-star, but he had 38 freakin' offers:
UA-AU-Ark-LSU-SCa-VU + FSU-Mia-tOSU-Mich-PSU, etc...

#12 TE Gage Wilcox ****
- Suffered a career ending injury at Nappy's Spring practice.
#15 TE Nick Elksnis with 22 Offers; also injured out at Nappy's Spring practice -- UF-MsSt-SCa-TN + FSU-Mia-PSU-Mich-tOSU, etc...

Amazing how crappy Mullen recruited TE's....
🙄

#29 TE Dante Zander - 2018 - He was recruited as a TE and that's where he was as a Fr & rsFr.
2018 (Freshman): Earned a redshirt as he appeared in two games as a reserve TE and special team’s contributor..
2019 (Redshirt Freshman): Appeared in all 13 games as a reserve TE.
2020-21 Switched to DE for depth at the request of staff.
2022 Zanders left little doubt as to whether or not it was a frictionless transition. The senior from Boca Raton, Florida, put together an excellent showing during the Gators’ spring game on Thursday night, pacing all players with 56 receiving yards and tying the game lead with 5 receptions. It was a fitting end to a great spring.
“He has ability,” Napier said. “I mean, the guy's 6-foot-5 and a quarter, he's 260 pounds, he's loose, he can transition, he's got good ball skills. Most importantly he's smart and he's consistent. I can't compliment him enough. I mean he's been the story of the spring." (and staying at TE)
-----
2020 - Was moved to DE at the coaches request.
2021 - Continued as a reserve DE.
2022 - In Spring, move back to TE at Billy's request, due to 3 injured TE's.

Noah Keeter - 2019 to UCLA as a LB, no appearances, redshirted.
2020 rsFr - xfer to UF and a WO, he was a teammate of Whittemore's.
2021 rsSo - no appearances at LB in 20 or 21, but 2X SEC Academic Honor Roll. (he ain't no tackling dummy)
2022 - Like Zanders, he was asked to move to TE for Spring. He did so well there that he's remained at TE at the coaches request.

Keeter said the switch to the offensive side was something he was pursuing before it became a necessity. “I approached coach Napier at the end of our identity phase or kind of towards the beginning, 'I want to transition.' They said, 'We'll work it out, we'll see what happens with bodies and stuff like that.' They realized we were a little (injury) thin, so one day coach Peagler called me up and said 'All right, we're going to make the switch.' I said, 'OK, let's do it.' Got in that day, learned the offense and went out to practice."

Surprisingly, Zanders wasn’t the only former defensive player who stood out on offense during the
Orange and Blue game. Walk-on Noah Keeter, a Gainesville native who transferred to Florida after a year as a linebacker at UCLA, caught 3 passes for 53 yards and a TD. His receiving yards were tied for the 2nd-most in the game.

If the TE coach can't coach them up, and if Nappy can't find a way to get the TE's active in the games,,,, then that's not on the players!
🤓
Kyle Pitts isn’t on the team anymore. He’s not going to help Billy Napier or this UF team. Lucas Krull isn’t on the team anymore either. How is he going to help this UF team?
All my points above about the current state of the TE room are true and remain the same. I’ve also given you way way long enough of a leash. Time for you to take a break!!

Pearsall knows how to quickly find that soft spot in the defense. Even though we will run a lot I think he gets around 700 yards if he doesn't miss any games.

According to some, Pearsall wasn't going to make any impact because he didn't commit to Florida out of High School and therefore isn't a real Gator.

Proven true, obviously, by his awful performance.

wait....hold on....5 receptions and nearly 70 yards? Defense adjusted in the second to try and neutralize him?

Well that's nonsense, he didn't go to Florida when he was 18. Impossible for him to be good.

Concerns for the iG:

Trent 0 targets.
TE's, 1 for Zipperer...

But this is what you get when you run the ball a lot more than passing it.

But I expect that will open up some when opposing teams begin to fill the box against the Napier run offense....
So 20 years after Sadgator began posting in the third person, InstaGator gets this cool idea about posting in the third person. Frankly, I'm surprised you caught on so quickly.

Maybe KY will adapt but they were playing off with their DBs again in that opening game like they are known for. I think Pearsall will be wide open a bunch of times if they keep that up.

According to some, Pearsall wasn't going to make any impact because he didn't commit to Florida out of High School and therefore isn't a real Gator.

Proven true, obviously, by his awful performance.

wait....hold on....5 receptions and nearly 70 yards? Defense adjusted in the second to try and neutralize him?

Well that's nonsense, he didn't go to Florida when he was 18. Impossible for him to be good.
Excellent post, his high school stats just not that impressive....clearly he will suck...

Reactions: PacoGator19
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT