Republican 'true believers' don't seem to realize they're Wile E. Coyote

RayGravesGhost

Bull Gator
Jun 13, 2021
https://www.yahoo.com/news/republican-true-believers-dont-seem-090824822.html
Tim Rowland
April 17, 2023·4 min read

True believers know two things. One, they are right, and two, it’s only a matter of time until everyone comes to understand that they are right. Of the two, it’s the second that does them in.

The world needs true believers willing to put themselves on the line in the face of skepticism. It’s why we have air travel. But true believers also ascribed to witchcraft, faith healing and a flat earth. In a normal world, a true believer floats a balloon and it succeeds or fails in the face of evidence and the court of public acceptance.

In classic “be careful what you wish for” positioning, anti-abortion true believers snatched the brass ring by force-fitting Christian conservatives onto the bench of a secular institution, which facilitated the overturn of Roe v. Wade.

Americans have thanked them with a primordial scream of electoral outrage that makes you wonder how the Republican Party can compete in a tossup state ever again. From Wisconsin to Kansas(!) voters have voiced their support of abortion rights in no uncertain terms, even as state legislatures are still stampeding in the opposite direction of public opinion.

Why? The easy answer is that they have no choice. The 25% of Americans who still identify as Republican is dominated by the far-right, which is pretty much okie dokie with killing women who have the temerity to make decisions about their own health. You don’t win a primary without them, so there’s no off ramp on the road to fanaticism.

Abortion rights and late stage abortion are not the same. There are nuts out there but most normal people believe that an abortion within 3 months is ok. Obviously the sooner the better. Abortions after 6 months is much too close to murder and no abortion at all isnt the right stance either.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/republican-true-believers-dont-seem-090824822.html
Tim Rowland
April 17, 2023·4 min read

True believers know two things. One, they are right, and two, it’s only a matter of time until everyone comes to understand that they are right. Of the two, it’s the second that does them in.

The world needs true believers willing to put themselves on the line in the face of skepticism. It’s why we have air travel. But true believers also ascribed to witchcraft, faith healing and a flat earth. In a normal world, a true believer floats a balloon and it succeeds or fails in the face of evidence and the court of public acceptance.

In classic “be careful what you wish for” positioning, anti-abortion true believers snatched the brass ring by force-fitting Christian conservatives onto the bench of a secular institution, which facilitated the overturn of Roe v. Wade.

Americans have thanked them with a primordial scream of electoral outrage that makes you wonder how the Republican Party can compete in a tossup state ever again. From Wisconsin to Kansas(!) voters have voiced their support of abortion rights in no uncertain terms, even as state legislatures are still stampeding in the opposite direction of public opinion.

Why? The easy answer is that they have no choice. The 25% of Americans who still identify as Republican is dominated by the far-right, which is pretty much okie dokie with killing women who have the temerity to make decisions about their own health. You don’t win a primary without them, so there’s no off ramp on the road to fanaticism.
what I don’t understand is when two people have consensual sex and create a child, why in the Hell does only one of those two people have a say as to whether that child is murdered or not?

Reactions: Gators2014
what I don’t understand is when two people have consensual sex and create a child, why in the Hell does only one of those two people have a say as to whether that child is murdered or not?

The idea that its a woman's body totally escape you?

If its "murder" then that fetus is a individual right?

Shouldn't an individual with rights be able to exist on their own without physically being attached to another individual?

How does a fetus that can't exist on its own have rights exclusive of the mother its living off of?

• Haha

Shouldn't an individual with rights be able to exist on their own without physically being attached to another individual?

How does a fetus that can't exist on its own have rights exclusive of the mother its living off of?
Someone doesn’t know what the word “Fetus” means.

Appreciate you proving my point 😂

Can a newborn baby exist on its own?

Can a newborn baby exist on its own?

Yes dumb dumb its called adoption...foster care...

That's what an individual with rights can do...
If you die from being physically seperated from a human being

You aren't an "individual" are you?

That's why there called sn "individual's rights" ;)

Last edited:
Yes dumb dumb its called adoption...foster care...

That's what an individual with rights can do...If you dies from being physically seperated from a human being
You aren't an "individual" are you?

That's why there called sn "individual's rights" ;)
So when does a life become a life? 🤔

Depends on who you ask...

For Jews...

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2582082/

Procreation is acknowledged in the Bible to be the gift of God. The (Halachic) Jewish interpretation of when human life begins is extracted predominantly from following sources: the Torah, the Talmud, and the Responsa (rabbinical writings). A basic biblical identification of life with breath is pointed in Torah and other books of Tanach (Bible).
Go to:

Torah​

The first detailed description of the creation of a human being by God points to the moment when human life begins. “Yahveh God formed the man from the dust of the earth and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life and the man became a living nefesh” (the first breath). Life began for human being when God breathed breath into him (Genesis 2.7).

Additional Statements in the Torah demonstrate that breath is understood to be essential to life; and that when the breathing stops, life ends. “And all flesh that moved on the earth perished, birds, cattle, wild animals all swarming creatures that swarm upon the earth and all human beings. Everything which had the nishmat (breath) of life in its nostrils, all that were on dry land died” (Genesis 7.21–22).

Well I have to wonder - did Dickie Hardwood even bother to ask or make the effort to wear a condom BEFORE he headed to Poundtown because he was so concerned about what might result from ten seconds of fun?

• Love
Reactions: EvilWayz
Depends on who you ask...

For Jews...

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2582082/

Procreation is acknowledged in the Bible to be the gift of God. The (Halachic) Jewish interpretation of when human life begins is extracted predominantly from following sources: the Torah, the Talmud, and the Responsa (rabbinical writings). A basic biblical identification of life with breath is pointed in Torah and other books of Tanach (Bible).
Go to:

Torah​

The first detailed description of the creation of a human being by God points to the moment when human life begins. “Yahveh God formed the man from the dust of the earth and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life and the man became a living nefesh” (the first breath). Life began for human being when God breathed breath into him (Genesis 2.7).

Additional Statements in the Torah demonstrate that breath is understood to be essential to life; and that when the breathing stops, life ends. “And all flesh that moved on the earth perished, birds, cattle, wild animals all swarming creatures that swarm upon the earth and all human beings. Everything which had the nishmat (breath) of life in its nostrils, all that were on dry land died” (Genesis 7.21–22).
My wife is giving birth next Monday, you telling my my daughter inside of her is not a life worth protecting? Absolutely disgusting

Next monday? Congrats!!!

And to answer your question..."No" that is not what I'm saying
I don't know of anyone who's in favor of late term abortions...especially if its within 1 week of delivery

If that child was removed from your wife right now...it would be capable of breathing & living on its own

Next monday? Congrats!!!

And to answer your question..."No" that is not what I'm saying
I don't know of anyone who's in favor of late term abortions...especially if its within 1 week of delivery

If that child was removed from your wife right now...it would be capable of breathing & living on its own
my first boy was born 15 weeks early at 1 pound 10 ounces. Well before a few states abortion policies protecting abortions up to 40 weeks and even AFTER birth

my first boy was born 15 weeks early at 1 pound 10 ounces. Well before a few states abortion policies protecting abortions up to 40 weeks and even AFTER birth

This was the environment prior to the SCOTUS decision

https://www.axios.com/2022/05/14/abortion-state-laws-bans-roe-supreme-court
How late into pregnancy abortion is allowed
As of May 26, 2022
Fertilization to 6 weeks (2 states) 20 to 22 weeks (16) 24 weeks to viability (26) No limit (7)

When patients typically get abortions​

About 93% of reported abortions in 2019 were performed at or before 13 weeks of pregnancy, 6% were conducted between 14 and 20 weeks and 1% were performed at or after 21 weeks, according to the most recent data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

• People who tend to have abortions later in a pregnancy do so because of "medical concerns such as fetal anomalies or maternal life endangerment, as well as barriers to care that cause delays in obtaining an abortion," per the Kaiser Family Foundation.

This was the environment prior to the SCOTUS decision

https://www.axios.com/2022/05/14/abortion-state-laws-bans-roe-supreme-court
How late into pregnancy abortion is allowed
As of May 26, 2022
Fertilization to 6 weeks (2 states) 20 to 22 weeks (16) 24 weeks to viability (26) No limit (7)

When patients typically get abortions​

About 93% of reported abortions in 2019 were performed at or before 13 weeks of pregnancy, 6% were conducted between 14 and 20 weeks and 1% were performed at or after 21 weeks, according to the most recent data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

• People who tend to have abortions later in a pregnancy do so because of "medical concerns such as fetal anomalies or maternal life endangerment, as well as barriers to care that cause delays in obtaining an abortion," per the Kaiser Family Foundation.
How can you say you believe that life begins at first breathe, and then say it’s not ok to have an abortion at 40 weeks (even though it happens).

At what particular moment does life begin? Should be pretty important when we are talking about a human life.

That is well said. 20-24 weeks is that time.

How can you say you believe that life begins at first breathe, and then say it’s not ok to have an abortion at 40 weeks (even though it happens).

At what particular moment does life begin? Should be pretty important when we are talking about a human life.

Well lets start with what I actually said...

I posted that the Jewish faith said life begins at first breath
I told you that I was OK with abortion until a fetus could survive on its own away from the mother (viability)

The data says 1% of all abortions were conducted after 21 weeks

Well lets start with what I actually said...

I posted that the Jewish faith said life begins at first breath
I told you that I was OK with abortion until a fetus could survive on its own away from the mother (viability)

The data says 1% of all abortions were conducted after 21 weeks
How can you support something when you cannot even define when life begins?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT