ADVERTISEMENT

Republican traitors cross the aisle to pass guncontrol, SB7026 heads to Scott's desk.

It's outdated and misinterpreted. A well regulated militia? Was that a thing 200+ years ago?

Don't flip! I'm fine with you being reasonably armed.

We weren't supposed to have a standing army, ever.

And before you say you really think you can go up against the US Army, the answer is yes. The Taliban are doing it, Al-Queda did it, and ISIS is doing it, largely in part with weapons they captured from our allies.

A good guerrilla force ties up men on an 8-1 ratio.

The US government is getting larger, and more authoritarian. There is almost no difference between the parties.

The main difference I can see is the Dems want to disarm us, and the Repubs want to take away our due process. Other than that, they both crave money and power, and think I we're just going to put up with it.

As I’ve said in other threads, the 2nd Amendment is as important as the first. Basically it’s the right of free people to defend themselves from a corrupt government.... the founding fathers understood Socrates stating you can tell how free a populace is by how well armed they are....

If a percentage of the population of the US both owns and is proficient in the use of firearms, the government would be dissuaded from overt actions against peoples rights as eventually a tipping point occurs toward action..... removal of guns removes the bulwark and threat against government oppression

The Constitution is a contract between those governed and those governing ..... there has to be recourse if the governing start breaking the contract

And the 2nd Amendment applies to all guns, especially those suitable for combat

Reactions: MJWilliamson
Good article on what the NRA has become:

"What exactly happened to the organization? How did a group originally founded by responsible gun owners to promote marksmanship evolve into an entrenched political faction picking fights with high school students? I suspect that somewhere along the way the NRA was corrupted by political operatives who recognized the electoral benefits of peddling fear to its members.

Although a sinister calculation, think of the political and financial benefits the organization would reap if it succeeded in convincing its members that they were under attack by a government seeking to rob them of their constitutional right to keep and bear arms. Get like-minded leaders elected, and you ensure your continued existence. Convince members they are perpetually under the threat of physical attack -- which can only be countered with a gun -- and their fears will never subside."

"One tactic the organization uses to foment anxiety within its ranks is to perpetuate the notion that the government is attempting to seize the weapons of law-abiding citizens, and so any compromise would represent a slippery slope toward a total ban on firearms."

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/23/opinions/how-the-nra-went-crazy-campbell/index.html

Falsehood take. The NRA has supported a number of Democrats over the years. I’ve been a life member for 20 years, and I’ve gotten election recommendations in which some Democrat candidates got higher points than the Republican opponent - it’s not hijacked by political operatives..... they are a non-partisan single issue organization

Now, you may list a laundry list of times where it appears the NRA is anti-Democrats, but the Dems as a national party have increasingly and publicly placed themselves purposefully against gun rights .... not all Dems, but certainly the party leaders

It’s not political highjacking when one parties leaders declare a war, it’s intentionally polarizing the organization

Reactions: MJWilliamson
"One tactic the organization uses to foment anxiety within its ranks is to perpetuate the notion that the government is attempting to seize the weapons of law-abiding citizens, and so any compromise would represent a slippery slope toward a total ban on firearms."

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/23/opinions/how-the-nra-went-crazy-campbell/index.html

Which is pretty easy. The NRA official narrative is that coastal elites want to take their guns. And when they lose their shit after mass shootings, it only confirms that narrative.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT