ADVERTISEMENT

Rep.-elect Santos admits lying about his credentials

Biden, Blumenthal, Warren, Schiff, Clinton....name a democrat who hasn't lied about their record, heritage, accomplishments. The list would be quite short of those democrats who had not lied or embellished. Most have not done jack in the private sector.

I fired a former business partner (Dem) who was fleecing Provident Unum for disability pay while drawing a substantial pay check from my company + a share of the profit. It's what Dems do. The difference will be how the party handles the individual. Santos will be placed on the Janitorial committee and will have zero influence. If he was a Dem, being gay, he would be celebrated.

See, @grandhavendiddy? And the reality is, I agree with you, if the guy is a serial liar and lied to get into office, then he shouldn't be allowed to stay there. Every real pub here agrees.

But for you and the other dems here to just ignore or worse APOLOGIZE for the leader of YOUR party being a liar himself is just insane.

I'm sick of politicians lying, but I'm damn more sick of dems that think it's ok for their side to break the rules, but everyone else has to be held to account.

Is this supposed to be some sort of "gotcha" to us conservatives on this board? I don't see very many prominent Republicans rushing to Santos' defense. I'll go on the record and say this - Notwithstanding his deceptions as part of his campaign for office, if he wants to reclaim any personal integrity, he should decline taking his Constitutional oath of office. If I were the speaker and he followed through on taking his oath, I would probably refuse to seat him on any committees. Hopefully Kevin McCarthy has communicated this privately to him.

Let's have a special election, and if the Dems retake the seat then so be it.

I will say that you're trying to get a lot of political mileage out of this.... It's not like Santos is the first person to ever mis-represent his accomplishments as I have amply demonstrated earlier in this thread.

Reactions: BamaFan1137
Republicans lying to their constituents...just another day in trump's GOP

https://www.yahoo.com/news/rep-elect-santos-admits-lying-004552454.html
Rep.-elect Santos admits lying about his credentials

75krar.jpg

Rep.-elect George Santos on Monday told the New York Post that he had fabricated important elements of his biography before last month's midterm elections.

“My sins here are embellishing my resume. I’m sorry,” Santos (R-N.Y.) was quoted as saying in an interview in which he also said he fully intends to serve his two-year term in Congress. He also gave an interview to WABC radio.

Among other things, Santos told the New York Post that he had not worked "directly" for Goldman Sachs and Citigroup, saying that a company he did work for did business with both of them.

He also said he had not graduated from Baruch College, nor “from any institution of higher learning.”

“I am not a criminal,” he was quoted as saying.
So, he is just like you boy Biden? Got it.

See, @grandhavendiddy? And the reality is, I agree with you, if the guy is a serial liar and lied to get into office, then he shouldn't be allowed to stay there. Every real pub here agrees.

The "leadership" of the republican party hasn't said squat because he needs Santos vote to become Speaker.

But for you and the other dems here to just ignore or worse APOLOGIZE for the leader of YOUR party being a liar himself is just insane.

That's what the republican party is doing about Santos right now...

McCarthy, McConnell, and every other GOP "leader" has gone silent

I'm sick of politicians lying, but I'm damn more sick of dems that think it's ok for their side to break the rules, but everyone else has to be held to account.

This is malone acting like Santos blatant lying is just like every other politician :rolleyes:

Santos is going to have some financial disclosure legal issues facing him
And it appears he is a fleeing criminal from Brazilian law...

This was the best candidate the GOP could find to represent the district?

The "leadership" of the republican party hasn't said squat because he needs Santos vote to become Speaker.

This is malone acting like Santos blatant lying is just like every other politician :rolleyes:

Are you referring to AOC, Greg Meeks, Bob Menendez, etc.?

No...I mean Speaker of the House wannabe McCarthy

He won't say squat because Santos has already publicly said he would support him for Speaker

Oh noes! Don't say mean things about the republicans in Congress! That gets me right in the feels!!!!

90% of the republicans in Congress are trash. 90% are also really dems running as pubs.

Connect the dots.

Oh noes! Don't say mean things about the republicans in Congress! That gets me right in the feels!!!!

90% of the republicans in Congress are trash. 90% are also really dems running as pubs.

Connect the dots.

Is it safe to assume 100% of the democrats are democrats in your opinion

So paranoid malone believes only 5% of Congress is republican :rolleyes:
With numbers like that what the hell is he complaining about...they shouldn't hold any political power 🤣

Is it safe to assume 100% of the democrats are democrats in your opinion

So paranoid malone believes only 5% of Congress is republican :rolleyes:
With numbers like that what the hell is he complaining about...they shouldn't hold any political power 🤣
Probably 99% of dems are dems.

The difference between you and I is I can tell the truth about BOTH parties. You can't tell the truth about either 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

On a thread where malone is making up numbers out of thin air he thinks he tells the TRUTH... :rolleyes: 🤣

Here's some TRUTH...

https://gothamist.com/news/nassau-county-da-opens-investigation-into-rep-elect-george-santos
Nassau County DA opens investigation into Rep.-elect George Santos

The Nassau County District Attorney’s office on Wednesday launched an investigation into Rep.-elect George Santos after the Republican admitted to lying about his education and work experience as well as misleading voters about his religion on the campaign trail.

“The numerous fabrications and inconsistencies associated with Congressman-elect Santos are nothing short of stunning,” said Brendan Brosh, a spokesperson for Nassau County D.A. Anne Donnelly, a Republican. “No one is above the law and if a crime was committed in this county, we will prosecute it.”

The probe comes a day after Santos confirmed key details of a report from The New York Times that found the candidate lied about working for Goldman Sachs and Citigroup, graduating from Baruch College, and about his mother being a Jewish woman whose parents fled the Nazis during World War II. Santos told The New York Post he’d “embellished” his resume, and that he “never claimed to be Jewish,” but only said he was “Jew-ish.”

The Times report also called into question the source of a $600,000 loan Santos gave to his campaign.

On a thread where malone is making up numbers out of thin air he thinks he tells the TRUTH... :rolleyes: 🤣
Of course I tell the truth. You are just a shitty little liar on the internet.

Joe Hiden is an even bigger liar than you are. He lies so often that the MSM had to run damage control on his chronic lying and claim 'oh that's ole Joe!'

He's an even bigger racist and pervert than he is a liar. IOW, he's the prototypical dem.

Is anyone really shocked that the MAGA wing of the GOP supports lying?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/marjorie-taylor-greene-rages-tulsi-005002242.html
Marjorie Taylor Greene Rages At Tulsi Gabbard For Not Going Easy On George Santos

75rqp1.jpg

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) wasn’t pleased with Tulsi Gabbard’s treatment of Rep.-elect George Santos (R-N.Y.) on Fox News.

While guest-hosting for “Tucker Carlson Tonight” on Tuesday, Gabbard held Santos’ feet to the fire over the fabrications he made about his experience to get elected. Santos has characterized the fibs as “embellishing my resumé.” Gabbard said they were blatant lies, and repeatedly asked him: “Do you have no shame?”

This apparently didn’t sit well with Greene, who attacked Gabbard on Wednesday for going too hard on her incoming House colleague.

She complained that Gabbard, who formerly represented Hawaii’s 2nd congressional district as a Democrat, gave Santos “zero grace, while George is admitting and apologizing for lying about his resume, just like her former colleagues are giving George zero grace & even demanding he resign.”

Anyone seen malone publicly calling for a money laundering investigation into George Santos' mystery money?

75rqyq.jpg

https://www.yahoo.com/news/george-santos-massive-campaign-loans-001304122.html
George Santos’ Massive Campaign Loans May Not Be Legal
Roger Sollenberger, William Bredderman
Wed, December 28, 2022 at 7:13 PM EST·11 min read

Even as Rep.-elect George Santos (R-NY) embarks on his apology tour, admitting he lied to voters for years about some of the most fundamental facts of his life, there’s been one mystery that Santos has been less than clear about: where his purported millions came from.

The Daily Beast now has at least part of the answer—the identities of four Santos corporate clients. And while this new revelation might put Santos in even more hot water, what Santos did with his newfound riches could be even more damning.

Santos has already admitted using cash from his company, the Devolder Organization, to fund his campaign—a move campaign finance experts say could add up to an unlawful $700,000 corporate contribution.

That’s because, while candidates for federal office may give unlimited amounts of their own money to their campaign, they cannot expressly tap corporate accounts to do so.

Anyone seen malone publicly calling for a money laundering investigation into George Santos' mystery money?

75rqyq.jpg

https://www.yahoo.com/news/george-santos-massive-campaign-loans-001304122.html
George Santos’ Massive Campaign Loans May Not Be Legal
Roger Sollenberger, William Bredderman
Wed, December 28, 2022 at 7:13 PM EST·11 min read

Even as Rep.-elect George Santos (R-NY) embarks on his apology tour, admitting he lied to voters for years about some of the most fundamental facts of his life, there’s been one mystery that Santos has been less than clear about: where his purported millions came from.

The Daily Beast now has at least part of the answer—the identities of four Santos corporate clients. And while this new revelation might put Santos in even more hot water, what Santos did with his newfound riches could be even more damning.

Santos has already admitted using cash from his company, the Devolder Organization, to fund his campaign—a move campaign finance experts say could add up to an unlawful $700,000 corporate contribution.

That’s because, while candidates for federal office may give unlimited amounts of their own money to their campaign, they cannot expressly tap corporate accounts to do so.
FTX says to give you their regards and a happy New Year. At least that money wasn't stolen. 😂

This guy is real winner...

Still waiting on the conservatives here to call for investigation into possible money laundering

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2022/dec/22/more-santos-tricks-his-campaign-staffer-accused-of/
More Santos tricks: His campaign staffer accused of impersonating McCarthy aide in bid for donations

A campaign staffer trying to raise money for Republican Representative-elect George Santos called up donors last year pretending to be Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy’s chief of staff, a GOP insider claims.

The source, connected closely to the New York Republican Party, told the Washington Times that Mr. McCarthy’s aides first learned of the Santos staffer’s behavior in August 2021 when a suspicious donor flagged as “unusual” the contact from Mr. McCarthy’s congressional office.

State GOP operatives found out the scheme by the Santos campaign staffer involved not only impersonating McCarthy Chief of Staff Dan Meyer but sending follow-up emails to the donors from a fake email address.

Never heard of the guy till this thread. I'm fine with investigating if SBF laundered money from the Ukraine that Hiden gave him then he passed back to corrupt politicians in the US. Said that all along.

You are the one that's skeered to death of it happening. Funny....ray ray ends up defending the pubs when push comes to shove LOL

This guy is real winner...

Still waiting on the conservatives here to call for investigation into possible money laundering
See above. Still waiting on you to stop lying. We want all corrupt politicians out of office. You just want the ones you don't like out.

We put our country over our politics.

Is anyone really shocked that the MAGA wing of the GOP supports lying?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/marjorie-taylor-greene-rages-tulsi-005002242.html
Marjorie Taylor Greene Rages At Tulsi Gabbard For Not Going Easy On George Santos

75rqp1.jpg

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) wasn’t pleased with Tulsi Gabbard’s treatment of Rep.-elect George Santos (R-N.Y.) on Fox News.

While guest-hosting for “Tucker Carlson Tonight” on Tuesday, Gabbard held Santos’ feet to the fire over the fabrications he made about his experience to get elected. Santos has characterized the fibs as “embellishing my resumé.” Gabbard said they were blatant lies, and repeatedly asked him: “Do you have no shame?”

This apparently didn’t sit well with Greene, who attacked Gabbard on Wednesday for going too hard on her incoming House colleague.

She complained that Gabbard, who formerly represented Hawaii’s 2nd congressional district as a Democrat, gave Santos “zero grace, while George is admitting and apologizing for lying about his resume, just like her former colleagues are giving George zero grace & even demanding he resign.”
MTG probably shouldn’t get into it with Gabbard.
TG derailed Knees Harris’s bid for the WH with just one retort in a debate.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/santos-sits-alone-resignation-calls-010425412.html
Santos Sits Alone as Resignation Calls Mount Over His Lies

76aiee.jpg

George Santos cut a lonely figure on his first formal day in Washington as a newly elected Republican congressman from New York.

Trailed by reporters Tuesday on the way to his office, Santos answered only one question: that he would support Kevin McCarthy for speaker. During the historically drawn-out process for McCarthy’s bid, Santos, who has acknowledged misrepresenting significant details about his religion, education and career, sat alone in the House chamber and fiddled with his phone much of the time while other members mingled.

Glimpses of Santos on camera repeatedly captured lawmakers ignoring him.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/george-santos-funneled-25-000-221700628.html
George Santos funneled $25,000 to Lee Zeldin’s campaign for governor — then reimbursed himself, review shows
Chris Sommerfeldt, New York Daily News
Tue, January 3, 2023 at 5:17 PM EST·4 min read

NEW YORK — New York Congressman-elect George Santos, who’s set to take office Tuesday despite being caught in a series of lies about his background, used creative campaign finance moves that had his supporters effectively bankroll a $25,000 contribution he funneled to Lee Zeldin’s Republican gubernatorial bid.

According to a Daily News review of federal and state records, Santos made a $25,000 loan in the summer of 2021 to his political action committee, which then made the donation to Zeldin. Months later, Santos reimbursed himself for the loan, once the PAC was flush with money from donors to his own congressional campaign.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/congressman-elect-george-santos-lied-203736526.html
Congressman-Elect George Santos, Who Lied About His Ethnicity, Jobs And Education, Also Promoted A Racist Agenda
Christopher Rhodes
Wed, January 4, 2023 at 3:37 PM EST·4 min read

A series of reports by The New York Times and other outlets have revealed that nearly every detail about Santos’ resume and backstory has been a lie, including his education, job history, ethnicity and possibly his sexual orientation. Despite these blatant lies, Santos has refused to step down and has shown up to Congress to participate in the chaotic first days of the new Republican-controlled House. But as more info comes out about Santos, it appears the newly-elected Congressman is a liar and a racist.

Maybe Santos is a racist, I have no idea...but people like you have watered down the word to the point where it has very little impact even when it is properly applied.

Shame on you.

Reactions: BillCutting4585
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT