ADVERTISEMENT

Record after Auburn, LSU, Cocks and Dawgs?

Our record after Auburn, LSU, S.Car. and Georgia??

• 9-0

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • 8-1

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • 7-2

Votes: 12 32.4%
  • 6-3

Votes: 14 37.8%
  • 5-4

Votes: 1 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gatorshime

Gator Great
Jan 30, 2002
Assuming we’ll be 5-0 going into the grueling 4 game SEC stretch, what do you think our record will post after its all over?

I had thought Auburn would be a win for us and LSU an automatic loss. Bo Nix hasn't looked too good at Auburn this year but they keep winning. Admittedly, ATM isn't as good as it was propped up to be by the media this year, but Auburn had a solid win there this weekend. Now I'm not so sure on our chances with Auburn at home. The flip side to that is, I don't think LSU is an automatic loss anymore. After watching Vandy put 38 points on them in a losing effort, LSU can score points sure, but their defense is not what it usually is. If our offense is good enough by then, we could potentially win in a passing shootout against them. I'll put Kyle Pitts and our 4 senior WR's against any receiving crew in the SEC right now, possibly the nation. Just have to get the ball to them consistently enough.

Georgia did not look like national championship material to me against ND. They still have no legit passing targets for the child rapist they have at QB and their defense is not top shelf either. We have as good a shot against them as we do with LSU, probably more of a chance as it's not going to be played in Death Valley.

If i went with % right now, Auburn is a 60% possible win, and LSU and Georgia sit at 30-40% win chance for us. That puts us somewhere between 7-2 and 8-1. I think we can all agree we'd prefer to just lose to LSU and win the other two games.

Reactions: bradleygator
No idea idk what this team is yet. Need to get healthy and clean up the stupid turnovers and penalties. Preseason I thought it would be a win if we got out of that stretch 2-2 and I’m sticking with that.

We have to win one of the big 3 and beat SC for sure. Lumpy just keeps dragging SC down further.

I think that Florida has a chance in EVERY game!
Going 4-0 in October should be the goal!

However, Florida needs more out of their running game to complement their passing attack. Florida may very well have to be a pass-first offense:
300 yards passing plus/G about 130-150 yards rushing/G should be a good recipe for success for this team.

Running game:
Needs to be the Pierce/Perine show.
Clement needs to pass Davis on the depth chart and see what he can do.
Davis has the worst, casual ball security of the running back group!

More WR sweeps (i.e Copeland) or bubble screens to the wide-outs to
generate more YAC: Yards after the catch!

Passing game:
My advice to Kyle Trask: You don't have to try to complete every pass.
If you don't immediately see your first option and/or check-down option, throw the ball away or just take the sack -- Protect the football!
UF won't win against any of their next, top opponents if they turn it over, too much!

Last edited:
I think that Florida has a chance in EVERY game!
Going 4-0 in October should be the goal!

However, Florida needs more out of their running game to complement their passing attack. Florida may very well have to be a pass-first offense:
300 yards passing plus/G about 130-150 yards rushing/G should be a good recipe for success for this team.

Running game:
Needs to be the Pierce/Perine show.
Clement needs to pass Davis on the depth chart and see what he can do.
Davis has the worst, casual ball security of the running back group!

More WR sweeps (i.e Copeland) or bubble screens to the wide-outs to
generate more YAC: Yards after the catch!

Passing game:
My advice to Kyle Trask: You don't have to try to complete every pass.
If you don't immediately see your first option and/or check-down option, throw the ball away or just take the sack -- Protect the football!
UF won't win against any of their next, top opponents if they turn it over, too much!

I mean, the second time Trask got sacked in the same fashion he got sacked and lost the football, he wrapped the ball up and tucked it in and took the sack.

Trask did fine. And with Towson next week he'll have plenty of opportunity to fine tune his game.

I mean, the second time Trask got sacked in the same fashion he got sacked and lost the football, he wrapped the ball up and tucked it in and took the sack.

Trask did fine. And with Towson next week he'll have plenty of opportunity to fine tune his game.

Don't get me wrong. It's obvious that Kyle Trask is playing at a good level.

For instance, if a receiver is open, Trask will fire the ball in there decisively and accurately. That's a good thing. But in the Tennessee game, there were times when his options weren't immediately open and it looked like Trask was indecisive with the ball and got sacked/fumbled rather than just quickly throwing the ball away when it's not there.

It will probably still take Trask a few games to get used to the speed of the game.
Previously, Franks had 2+ years to learn from some of his mistakes committed during games like not forcing the ball in certain situations and later improving upon them. Unfortunately, Florida will have their biggest games (i.e, playing three top 10 teams in 4-5 weeks) of the schedule next for Trask to continue in getting his college football game experience.

Don't get me wrong. It's obvious that Kyle Trask is playing at a good level.

For instance, if a receiver is open, Trask will fire the ball in there decisively and accurately. That's a good thing. But in the Tennessee game, there were times when his options weren't immediately open and it looked like Trask was indecisive with the ball and got sacked/fumbled rather than just quickly throwing the ball away when it's not there.

It will probably still take Trask a few games to get used to the speed of the game.
Previously, Franks had 2+ years to learn from some of his mistakes committed during games like not forcing the ball in certain situations and later improving upon them. Unfortunately, Florida will have their biggest games (i.e, playing three top 10 teams in 4-5 weeks) of the schedule next for Trask to continue in getting his college football game experience.

Agreed.

Hopefully he'll work out some stuff next week and if we can take advantage of a home game against Auburn and survive that, he should be ready for that ugly stretch we have coming up.

I just don’t see how we do anything with that defensive line. It’s the best in college football and they’re gonna give everybody hell. We only win that Auburn game if our defense can force Nix into some young mistakes and get a short field for a few scores.

I just don’t see how we do anything with that defensive line. It’s the best in college football and they’re gonna give everybody hell. We only win that Auburn game if our defense can force Nix into some young mistakes and get a short field for a few scores.

The LSU defense hasn't SHUT-OUT anyone so far. o_O
Oregon & aTm put 20+ on them.
and both Tulane (6) and KentSt (16) both scored.

Meanwhile,the LSU offense scored 28 or less on 3 of those 4, only running it up vs Kent (55)

The LSU defense hasn't SHUT-OUT anyone so far. o_O

Meanwhile,the LSU offense scored 28 or less on 3 of those 4, only running it up vs Kent (55)

Was talking about Auburn’s defense.

The Albarn defense hasn't SHUT-OUT anyone so far. o_O

Meanwhile,the Albarn offense scored 28 or less on 3 of those 4, only running it up vs Kent (55)

Was talking about Auburn’s defense.

Doh! My bad then... :( (made the corrections)

But the info is still correct. The above was/is Auburn stats, not LSU, just a mid-stream brain-fart when I put it down as LSU... :confused:

Auburn is probably a coin flip. I have a hard time seeing us keeping up with LSU. We'll have a shot at Georgia.

If we win one of those three and win the rest, that would be a pretty good season. Winning two would be big time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT