ADVERTISEMENT

New Story Quick Hitter/Practice Report for August 8, 2024

JasonHigdon

Bull Gator
Staff
Nov 5, 2021
I was told about a few players who were scheduled to return to practice today—Ja'Keem Jackson, Devin Moore, and Asa Turner. RB Montrell Johnson is still out. For a variety of reasons (most notably depth), I am going out on a limb and say Cornerback Cormani McClain will not make an impact on the defensive side of the ball this season.

The biggest concern Gator Nation has (based on the questions I see) is the play of the guys on the upfront/offensive line. Most will say a couple of positions are set with Barber - Harris - Slaughter in that order from left to right. I think that is a safe thing to assume, but I know they have guys that will be pushing the guys ahead of them at those spots. This comes down to the right side, with Waites being a significant factor in where he ends up inside or outside. He will be critical. D. George could be the guy at RG, and some feel Brandon Crenshaw-Dickson will round out the starting group of five, but I just have this feeling it will come down to Waites, and if he pulls ahead of either of those guys, regardless of OG or OT.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.