ADVERTISEMENT

Proud papa moment

ih8f$u

Bull Gator
Gold Member
Feb 4, 2004
So, my daughter is 15, and she’s a softball pitcher. Shes played on her HS team and for a traveling team for a few years now. She’s been on a team this spring that was mediocre. They had a few holes in the lineup, and had trouble scoring runs, and they commit a lot of errors. There have been several games where they lost by 10+ runs and she had 0 earned runs. I’ve felt bad for her.

A couple weeks ago, they played in a tourney that qualified you for the state tournament, which qualifies you for nationals. They managed to win a game and that got them into the state tournament.

The state tournament was last weekend. It’s a double elimination, and they came out the first night and made 12 errors and lost 18-11. The promising sigh was they picked up a new catcher who was a weapon at the plate, and that’s why they were able to score, but you aren’t winning anything when you commit 12 errors.

Anyway, they came out the next day and played really well in their first game, and won a game in the state tournament!! She had always wanted to play in that tournament and I was really proud that they got to experience a win on that stage. We were all really proud of them!!

Then they messed around and won 3 straight games and now they’re going to nationals!!!! My daughter pitched every play on defense and walked 2 girls in 3 games with 15 k’s! So I’m one very very proud papa!! Just wanted to share that with all you wonderful Gators!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News