ADVERTISEMENT

Press Confernece at 3pm...

Ok thanks. Let me know if you hear anything hing for sure. Oddly I am excited to just get back to recruiting and football and have a coach I think is at least going to stabalize UF
Agreed. I think he will do well here. He may not be the sexy hire but he’s a good coach. Watch what happens to Miss St now. They will go back to there traditional 3-4 wins we season.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
I am sure Miss State fans will blame this for their loss to the rednecks, but Mullen did not cause Fitzgerald's ankle to break. He coached hard down there and raised their profile to the point that they may be able to attract a comer.

Paul Finebaum‏Verified account@finebaum 57m57 minutes ago
New @GatorsFB Head Coach Dan Mullen will be introduced tomorrow at 3et & we will carry the press conference live. Mullen will also join me for a 1 on 1 interview at 4:30et

55 replies172 retweets679 likes

I believe Mullen is meeting with the current players at 2, then going to the press conference, carried live on the SEC Network.

Thanks. Just aet the DVR and saw that was the time of Finebaum show. So looks like I am good

The last time we were any good guys like Mullen and Billy G were on staff. The last time our WRs could get open, catch the ball and block was when Billy G was the WR coach.

I think he needs a few tweaks to his current staff, recruiters mainly, but I believe he has good coaches on staff.

Paco - new OL coach or will davis be retained?

Wonder if Mullen is gonna keep calling the plays? I'd love for him to bring in a young up and comer with some fresh ideas even if he does keep calling the plays. Would allow him to get some help on offense too, lord knows we'll need it.

Wonder if Mullen is gonna keep calling the plays? I'd love for him to bring in a young up and comer with some fresh ideas even if he does keep calling the plays. Would allow him to get some help on offense too, lord knows we'll need it.

Not a bad idea. New ideas are always good, even when something works. Frost has evolved Chip’s offense.

He has been calling his own plays for a long time.. should keep doing it...

---------------------------------

I guess Brindise isn't too happy.
Brindise can turn in his Gator fan card for all I care. He has a right to his opinion and if he doesn't want to go to the games, fine. Can he honestly say he thinks it will be worse than it has been the last 6 years? Fool!

Last edited:
Am I remembering this right....Did Todd Grantham coach at Uga and isn't he the one that gave one of our players the choke sign?

That would be a good move,
There is a young guy who is the head coach at Austin Peay, I can't recall his name, I think his last name is Healy. I know he would be going from a Head Coaching job to a co-ordinator job but I'm sure we would pay him more than he's getting at Austin Peay

Agreed. I think he will do well here. He may not be the sexy hire but he’s a good coach. Watch what happens to Miss St now. They will go back to there traditional 3-4 wins we season.

We play them next year in Sept Packo, and you just gave them their first good piece of bulliten board material,,, so thanks... :rolleyes:

The Evil Genius has already said that he'd never coach again. To offer him the job would be equivalent to calling him a liar.

Had he wanted the job, or had any interest in it at all, he could have easily let someone know and then the discussions could have begun.

However, if he does well, Mullen could be a 10+ year coach for the Gators, while SOS is long past those days... Fat Dog's being an idiot about this imo. A loyal idiot, but an idiot none the less... :cool:

We play them next year in Sept Packo, and you just gave them their first good piece of bulliten board material,,, so thanks... :rolleyes:

Let's all pray Miss State whole roster doesn't read Paco's message board post 10 months ahead of time

That would be a good move,
There is a young guy who is the head coach at Austin Peay, I can't recall his name, I think his last name is Healy. I know he would be going from a Head Coaching job to a co-ordinator job but I'm sure we would pay him more than he's getting at Austin Peay

I'm sure he would too. Think it would be really good. We get more eyes on the offense and Mullen could groom him.

Mullen is moving fast, he already said he's got his guys in mind to add with what he's already bringing over...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT