ADVERTISEMENT

Powell Suspension?

Did we challenge it to the league office? The penalty was BS but officials don't like to be made to look dumb so I doubt they overturn it on their own.

Martez Ivey was not suspended for throwing a "punch" at the UNT player.

Same situation with Powell.

Targeting gets one suspended for the first half of the next game. Not thrown punches.

Last edited:
I would think it will get over turned. It was a terrible call. 15 yard penalty? Sure but not even close to an ejection or a further suspension.

I've never been a big fan of Powell anyways. One reason why I said losing Massey was a big loss.

Powell is what he is and no more. A small fast dude who can sometimes... sometimes be a factor. Expecting more from him in big games is asking too much.

I'm not down on Powell. He is what he is. At least he plays with heart.

Reactions: GatorGray
Powell is a dude you want in space. He can break one.

He is one to put the ball in the hands of on am unconventional type play and/or trick play.

Powell is not and never will be a go to WR.

Time to make Swain, Hammond, and especially Tyrie part of the game plan. Use BP as a gimmick play type player. The others seem to have better potential.

Powell would be good on end arounds, screen passes, and such. He still isn't an every down WR every game.

Kid has heart though. Can't stress that enough.

Reactions: instaGATOR
Callaway, Cleveland, Hammond, and Swain should be our core four. Was really hoping to see more out of Worton but it hasn't happened. Powell is a slot guy who is small, not very fast, and has inconsistent hands. I wish they would take him off returns too. But those young guys have some talent, Hammond made a sick catch Saturday and Cleveland has that height and deep speed we need to compliment Callaway.

Callaway, Cleveland, Hammond, and Swain should be our core four. Was really hoping to see more out of Worton but it hasn't happened. Powell is a slot guy who is small, not very fast, and has inconsistent hands. I wish they would take him off returns too. But those young guys have some talent, Hammond made a sick catch Saturday and Cleveland has that height and deep speed we need to compliment Callaway.
Email this to Nuss.

Greetings Coach Nuss,

Pretty awesome day today right? So hey man, how bout you drop off that playbook and clean out your office? Don't be worried, we're just moving you into a bigger office and getting the playbook laminated.

Regards,

Coach Mac
Awesome!

Ivey Ejected -- later over-turned, post game of course

Powell Ejected -- later over-turned, post game of course

Good ole SEC Game Officials, looking out for the Gators,,,, as usual. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
They should suspend that referee for a game. If you're going to eject someone, you better actually SEE the punch.

Reactions: 46885
I think he was going to throw the flag on the TN player for taunting then the 'punch' happened.

Now Powell better score a TD on an in and out route in the first half

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT