ADVERTISEMENT

Pat Dooley at GatorSports.com

UGAly

Baby Gator
Aug 26, 2001
Thinks that Florida is a little bit overrated. He likes the starting 22 but believes that the depth is suspect. He is particularly wary of the freshmen and RFr backups on the offensive line. He says that Florida HAS to avoid injuries. Does this make sense to you?

Please file this thread and post under “no shit” in the Gainesville Sun Sports Department file cabinet.
So you have the same sensationalist yellow journalism from the Gainesville Sun that UGA has from the Atlanta Journal and Constitution? Sometimes, these guys say senstionalist stuff that they know is BS, just to get readers to tune in. I heard the above information from an interview on the Finebaum show

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
So you have the same sensationalist yellow journalism from the Gainesville Sun that UGA has from the Atlanta Journal and Constitution? Sometimes, these guys say senstionalist stuff that they know is BS, just to get readers to tune in. I heard the above information from an interview on the Finebaum show
They say stuff to provoke a reaction. As long as people are reacting they’re doing their job

Yes. But isn’t this true for everyone? What happens if Fromm goes down for UGA? That’s a 3-4 loss team.

Thinks that Florida is a little bit overrated. He likes the starting 22 but believes that the depth is suspect. He is particularly wary of the freshmen and RFr backups on the offensive line. He says that Florida HAS to avoid injuries. Does this make sense to you?

You are such a LOSER as you are strangely fixated with THE GATORS! What nobody will date you? Get a dog!

I know a lot of people don't like Dooley. However, I am one who likes him a lot. He's not always right, but he's been around Florida athletics for a long time, knows the ins and outs of all the programs, is honest with his opinions, writes in a way I enjoy reading and doesn't take himself too seriously.

At least Bianchi landed at bigger gigs when he left The Gainesville Sun. Dooley and Andreu? Even their post game analysis sucks.
Off topic, really sad when Urban Meyer wouldn't give Fat Dooley and the Jacksonville clowns like Frank Frangie, fat @ss David Lamm, and Rick Ballou the time of day. It's no wonder all of the trashed Meyer while at Florida. Frangie, a UF grad, has been nothing but a Nole sympathizer for several years, I guess he's just kissing up to Lamm and Ballou.

You should listen to a radio station in Jax while you're at it. It has Frank Frangie, David Lamm and Rick Ballou. You'd love to hear what they tell you. All gator haters. 1010xl in Jax sucks anyway.

This is hard to believe. Why can’t UF, the only florida school in the SEC, recruit in the most talent-rich state in the south?

Why can’t UF, the only florida school in the SEC, recruit in the most talent-rich state in the south?

Well, two reasons...

giphy.gif

And...

no9yBp.gif

Well...and because of this chick too...

3011ACCE00000578-3396146-image-a-48_1452625230099.jpg

I know a lot of people don't like Dooley. However, I am one who likes him a lot. He's not always right, but he's been around Florida athletics for a long time, knows the ins and outs of all the programs, is honest with his opinions, writes in a way I enjoy reading and doesn't take himself too seriously.
Dooley doesn’t have that much access to the football program anymore. He’s not in tune with what is going on.

Dooley doesn’t have that much access to the football program anymore. He’s not in tune with what is going on.

He’s got more access than most. Everybody likes to jump Dooley’s shit, but he is actually pretty good for gauging the overall temperature and atmosphere of stuff going down in Gainesville. The Dooley Noted podcast is a good listen (if you can get past the lip smacking).

The problem with Dooley (and Robbie) is that they tend to follow along with the National narrative too much and are WAY too negative about things after suffering through the Mus and Mac decade of suckiness and sharks...

If Florida loses to Miami and/or stubs its toe early, they’ll be jumping off that train as if it is going off a Cliff...and it’ll be a total over-reaction...

You should listen to a radio station in Jax while you're at it. It has Frank Frangie, David Lamm and Rick Ballou. You'd love to hear what they tell you. All gator haters. 1010xl in Jax sucks anyway.

Have to disagree. Well, Ballou is a Nole grad (and a complete idiot), so there's that. But the rest are pretty good. They do dislike Meyer, though, as you stated above.

At least Bianchi landed at bigger gigs when he left The Gainesville Sun. Dooley and Andreu? Even their post game analysis sucks.
Off topic, really sad when Urban Meyer wouldn't give Fat Dooley and the Jacksonville clowns like Frank Frangie, fat @ss David Lamm, and Rick Ballou the time of day. It's no wonder all of the trashed Meyer while at Florida. Frangie, a UF grad, has been nothing but a Nole sympathizer for several years, I guess he's just kissing up to Lamm and Ballou.
Can't stand Bianchi....guy is a douche

Can't stand Bianchi....guy is a douche
I couldn't stand Bianchi even back when he worked for the Florida Times Union in Jax. He's all buddy buddy with Frangie, Lamm. He did rag Ballou when he got fired from some radio station he worked for back in the late 90's.

There is a big difference between the beat writer guys (like Pat and Robbie) who are more likely to report facts and observations and the columnists (like Bianchi) whose sole mission is to stir shit up...

You have to understand the difference when you read their stuff and take it with a grain of salt given the perspective...

We had a dude who was a columnist with Florida Today named Peter Kerasotis who was one of the biggest assholes sadgator has ever experience in media. His sole goal was to rip the University of Florida in every possible way he could (primarily during the Zook and Meyer years). He was an absolute and total douche-bag who spun pretty much all of his columns about Florida negatively...

It would drive sadgator nuts....and then he eventually got let go over some contract dispute or something...

Reactions: ocalaman

Fat Drooley always has an opinion. Sometimes he even writes about it. Often times, he's just a response generator for the mullet-wrapper... JMOHO of course... ;)

Tell me, since you seem to think that you are well informed. How does Fat Drooley's opinion of the Gator's OL differ from Dan's? Please be specific, and which do you think is more honest and more knowledgeable about UF's team?

But hey, how about a 2nd opinion?
https://florida.rivals.com/news/joh...0NDMv&guce_referrer_cs=rYIkVlL-hV5z2T-DrtluzA

Last edited:
There is a big difference between the beat writer guys (like Pat and Robbie) who are more likely to report facts and observations and the columnists (like Bianchi) whose sole mission is to stir shit up...

You have to understand the difference when you read their stuff and take it with a grain of salt given the perspective...

We had a dude who was a columnist with Florida Today named Peter Kerasotis who was one of the biggest assholes sadgator has ever experience in media. His sole goal was to rip the University of Florida in every possible way he could (primarily during the Zook and Meyer years). He was an absolute and total douche-bag who spun pretty much all of his columns about Florida negatively...

It would drive sadgator nuts....and then he eventually got let go over some contract dispute or something...
I lived in and around Jax from 1975-1998 and know about Bianchi, Lamm, Frangie, etc. very well. Bianchi's voice is annoying and every once in a while he makes a legitimate point. Mostly, however, as Sad says, Bianchi's main purpose in Jax & Orlando has been to stir up controversy. He thinks he's more important than he really is and that his opinions carry weight that it doesn't. Dooley, however, comes across to me as a local guy (from St. Augustine) who is happy to be a local guy reporting the hews and giving his take on his (and our) Florida Gators. Sometimes we agree with him, sometimes not, just like Gators on these boards. I simply consider him one of our own who happens to get his opinions in the paper and on the radio. Good for him.

Reactions: sadgator
I couldn't stand Bianchi even back when he worked for the Florida Times Union in Jax. He's all buddy buddy with Frangie, Lamm. He did rag Ballou when he got fired from some radio station he worked for back in the late 90's.

Since he's now on 930 against The Drill, they might like him less now.

The best college football talk radio on the planet is the Bill King Show. 3 of the best hours of sadgator’s day every day...

If you don’t listen...you should...

All episodes available for streaming on soundcloud via the WNSR website...

http://wnsr.com/live-shows/the-bill-king-show
Bill King is THE best in the country when it comes to college football!!! Radio, t.v.or writer. The man knows college football and loves it. And he has no agenda but to discuss college football.

I pretty much agree with him (at least the part you mention). I think we are a bit overrated and we do have big questions regarding depth.

We've lost a lot of contributors from last year and you never know about the new guys until the real games start.

I hear the tutors in Gainesville are dressing a bit differently this season....

2c9f1386df0fac642cde5145d1c51d4c.jpg

She's cute. Eyebrows could be a bit thinner; jaws a bit strong, with the cleft and all, but overall acceptable. And since somebody besides Sad posted this picture this might actually be a female.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT