ADVERTISEMENT

Parker Braun Commits to Texas

He was a bit undersized for the SEC, and UF is pretty loaded (18) with OL for the 2019 class.
I'd have taken him for the experience, but it's not a big loss imo.

This is a huge loss. He would have been an immediate starter and the best OL on our team next year. None of the guys that we just signed for 2019 are ready to start on the OL next year. Believe me, our coaches wanted this kid and I thought he was coming to UF until very recently. There is no way to sugarcoat this loss. We needed a transfer who is ready to play on our OL for next year. We have one returner starter and OL is the weakest unit on the team headed into next year.

This is a huge loss. He would have been an immediate starter and the best OL on our team next year. None of the guys that we just signed for 2019 are ready to start on the OL next year. Believe me, our coaches wanted this kid and I thought he was coming to UF until very recently. There is no way to sugarcoat this loss. We needed a transfer who is ready to play on our OL for next year. We have one returner starter and OL is the weakest unit on the team headed into next year.
Not to mention his younger brother.

sadgator will try to sleep tonight...it will be hard...

Yep this one hurts.

Would have been nice to have this kid. We needed the experience. Will be interesting to see how he is able to transition from the cut blocking utilized by most option teams to pro-style run/pass blocking.

I don’t know about him being our best olineman considering he’s never had to actually pass block or run block traditionally. But he would have been great to have for experience and depth for sure.

Four starters are gone, but not all of the experience.

2019 Offense Early Roster

66. OC/OG Nick Buchanan 6-3 291 rsSr
71. OG/OC Nick Villano 6-3 290 rsSr - (former W-O,)
55. RT Noah Banks 6-5 309 rsSr - EE (JuCo-AA - #5 OT - 22/50)
61. LG/OC Brett Heggie 6-4 314 rsJr
72. RT/LT Stone Forsythe 6-7 323 rsJr
70. OG Tanner Rowell 6-2 283 rsJr - Can bench press your car...
56. LT Jean DeLance 6-4 313 rsJr
75. RG T.J. Moore 6-5 300 rsSo
67. LG Chris Bleich 6-6 321 rsFr - EE
76. LT Richard Gouraige 6-4 303 rsFr
62. OC/OG Griffin McDowell 6-3 295 rsFr
11 Returning.
-----
ESPN #2 OG Deyavie Hammond 6-4 345 **** - chose UF over UA, UGly
ESPN #7 OC Kingsley Eguakun 6-3 293 *** EE - Miami flip, chose UF over AU.
ESPN #11 OG Ethan White 6-5 340 **** EE- chose UF over 8 other schools
Rivals #13 OG Will Harrod 6-6 305 **** EE - chose UF over a long list of big time offers
Rivals #17 OG Riley Simonds 6-4 290 *** - chose UF over 10 other SEC schools
ESPN #18 OT Michael Tarquin 6-5 290 **** EE - chose UF over 22 other offers
Rivals #37 OT Wardrick Wilson 6-5 311 **** - chose UF over Mich and 10 others
With at least 7 FNG's,,, for a total of 18 OLmen, with 15 of them available for Spring.

Per Rivals recruiting 2017:

#33 OT Parker Braun 6-3 272 *** 5.7 - Halisville, Tx
Played OG at 6-3 280 as a pulling guard for GaTech's triple option offense.

How may plays does Dan use with a fast but light weight pulling guard?
He would have been a nice addition, but claiming that he'd be the best OL'man on the Gator's 2019 squad is a bit of a stretch imoho. Others see things differently, which is fine with me, I just disagree. Personally, I wouldn't trade Deyavie Hammond as a FNG for him today. I also wouldn't trade Brett Heggie for him as a guy with playing experience in Hevesy's OL offense.

Last edited:
The story I read, according to his father, he wants to play 4 games and redshirt this year then have a full year in 2020.

The story I read, according to his father, he wants to play 4 games and redshirt this year then have a full year in 2020.

Then he made the correct choice on where to go. At UF, he probably would not have played much for 3-4 years, including his rsFr season... :cool:

Four starters are gone, but not all of the experience.

2019 Offense Early Roster

71. OG/OC Nick Villano 6-3 290 rsSr - (former W-O,)
55. RT Noah Banks 6-5 309 rsSr - EE (JuCo-AA - #5 OT - 22/50)
72. RT/LT Stone Forsythe 6-7 323 rsJr
70. OG Tanner Rowell 6-2 283 rsJr - Can bench press your car...
56. LT Jean DeLance 6-4 313 rsJr
75. RG T.J. Moore 6-5 300 rsSo
76. LT Richard Gouraige 6-4 303 rsFr
11 Returning.
-----
ESPN #7 OC Kingsley Eguakun 6-3 293 *** EE - Miami flip, chose UF over AU.
Rivals #13 OG Will Harrod 6-6 305 **** EE - chose UF over a long list of big time offers
ESPN #18 OT Michael Tarquin 6-5 290 **** EE - chose UF over 22 other offers
Rivals #37 OT Wardrick Wilson 6-5 311 **** - chose UF over Mich and 10 others
With at least 7 FNG's,,, for a total of 18 OLmen, with 15 of them available for Spring.

Per Rivals recruiting 2017:

#33 OT Parker Braun 6-3 272 *** 5.7 - Halisville, Tx
Played OG at 6-3 280 as a pulling guard for GaTech's triple option offense.

How may plays does Dan use with a fast but light weight pulling guard?
He would have been a nice addition, but claiming that he'd be the best OL'man on the Gator's 2019 squad is a bit of a stretch imoho. Others see things differently, which is fine with me, I just disagree. Personally, I wouldn't trade Deyavie Hammond as a FNG for him today. I also wouldn't trade Brett Heggie for him as a guy with playing experience in Hevesy's OL offense.

Have you seen UGA’s OL roster? :)

Have you seen UGA’s OL roster? :)

No, nor do I G-a-S about the the buttsniffers players or recruits.
Hint: That's why I never bother to go to any leghumper site.

And if you continue to seek validation here, you're in for a big disappointment... :cool:

That sucks - I heard the pros are big on his talent. The guard situation would have been locked down with him. We have some big guys and will have to see how they play this season.

OG Parker Braun 6-3 280
Only trolls or a fevered brain would go drama-queen over this guy.

He's a good player and I'd have liked to have him, but it's really a NBD thingy. :rolleyes:

71. OG/OC Nick Villano 6-3 290 rsSr
70. OG Tanner Rowell 6-2 283 rsJr - (Can bench press your car) o_O
-----
ESPN #7 OC/OG Kingsley Eguakun 6-3 293 *** EE - Miami flip, chose UF over AU.
Rivals #13 OG Will Harrod 6-6 305 **** EE - chose UF over other big time offers

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT