ADVERTISEMENT

Outlook for season post Franks injury...

Against an unranked team with a second string quarterback

Hard to blame him for hiding the fact that he grew up in, and continues to live in, an Albarn...

The last time that UF played Albarn with anything of significance on the line was in 2000.
SEC-C UF 28 - 6 the Barn -- :p

:rolleyes:

Trask is probably pretty limited and I doubt he fares too well once the Auburn game arrives. I want to see what Jones can do with a few starts under his belt as he is the only QB made for what Mullen wants to do. It wouldn't surprise me if he is starting around the SC game unless our defense is playing 2012 style allowing us to win games with the offense not producing much.

While I doubt that you've had a clue for most of your 'fevered brain' life...
List for me all of what you see as Trask's limitations, o_O so we can compare them to EJ's. :cool:

Tebow 6-3 235 4.7/40
Trask 6-5 239 4.7/40
Fitzgerald 6-5 226
Prescott 6-2 235
Jones 6-2 199 4.5/40

Grimes 6-5 214
Weston 6-3 217
Cleveland 6-2 205
Jones 6-2 199
Jefferson 6-2 197
Marks 6-2 178
Wells 6-0 202
Swain 6-0 199
Hammond 6-0 194
Copeland 6-0 192
Toney 5-11 194 (wcQB)

Now, which group does EJ best fit into?

And if his passing skills don't improve greatly in the next year or 2, then he'll be a candidate to switch to WR if he want's a shot at playing in the NFL....

HS Sr Richardson 6-4 224
HS Jr Del Rio 6-3 205

Last edited:
While I doubt that you've had a clue for most of your 'fevered brain' life...
List for me all of what you see as Trask's limitations, o_O so we can compare them to EJ's. :cool:

Tebow 6-3 235 4.8/40
Trask 6-5 239 4.7/40
Fitzgerald 6-5 226
Prescott 6-2 235
Jones 6-2 199 4.5/40

Grimes 6-5 214
Weston 6-3 217
Cleveland 6-2 205
Jones 6-2 199
Jefferson 6-2 197
Marks 6-2 178
Wells 6-0 202
Swain 6-0 199
Hammond 6-0 194
Copeland 6-0 192
Toney 5-11 194 (wcQB)

Now, which group does EJ best fit into?

And if his passing skills don't improve greatly in the next year or 2, then he'll be a candidate to switch to WR if he want's a shot at playing in the NFL....

HS Sr Richardson 6-4 224
HS Jr Del Rio 6-3 205

Smith ran something similar pretty good when he was a skinny underclassman at Utah. If Jones is not injury prone he can get away with being on the skinny side for this season.

Smith ran something similar pretty good when he was a skinny underclassman at Utah. If Jones is not injury prone he can get away with being on the skinny side for this season.

Alex Smith
6-4 213 4.7/40 -- Utah
In 25 Gms at Utah, he rushed for 3.7 ypc, against their cupcake SoS, not SEC defenses.

Emory Jones 6-2 199 4.5/40
That's the short and skinny side. o_O

And I see that as usual, you ducked out of stating all of Trask's supposed limitations... :rolleyes:

For some reason, his username is ohsfan, which all of us assume he's a Buckeye, but he is actually an Auburn fan. Please don't ask me to explain the ohsfan name, and he has about 6 other usernames that has ohsfan but with different numbers next to his name.

I mean I just assume it stands for like Opelika or Oxford High School fan, but in East Alabama and Opelika is right next to Auburn.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
:rolleyes:

Trask is probably pretty limited and I doubt he fares too well once the Auburn game arrives. I want to see what Jones can do with a few starts under his belt as he is the only QB made for what Mullen wants to do. It wouldn't surprise me if he is starting around the SC game unless our defense is playing 2012 style allowing us to win games with the offense not producing much.

Is Auburn this years can’t win like last year’s Miss St???

And we are using both QBs

Alex Smith 6-4 213 4.7/40 -- Utah
In 25 Gms at Utah, he rushed for 3.7 ypc, against their cupcake SoS, not SEC defenses.

Emory Jones 6-2 199 4.5/40
That's the short and skinny side. o_O

And I see that as usual, you ducked out of stating all of Trask's supposed limitations... :rolleyes:

Smith was real skinny his first year and he was getting pancaked a bunch and would just pop right up and run the next play. It will all depend if Jones is one of those thinner types that can take the beating. Heck many muscle bound ones are more prone to injury than some on the skinny side.

Is Auburn this years can’t win like last year’s Miss St???

And we are using both QBs

Like Miss State I think it would take a defensive effort like that to win with Trask playing mostly against Auburn. We scored our only TD in that game on a trick play while throwing within a yard of the line of scrimmage on most of our other plays producing just 2 FGs I think. Jones might could open things up some.Who knows maybe Trask will really surprise me that game and light Auburn up even if we have a crappy running game still.

The defense has to get healthy and not get pushed around like it did by Kentucky. And the O-line needs to improve.

Smith was real skinny his first year and he was getting pancaked a bunch and would just pop right up and run the next play. It will all depend if Jones is one of those thinner types that can take the beating. Heck many muscle bound ones are more prone to injury than some on the skinny side.

I've got nothing against EJ personally, but 'to me' he just doesn't look ready yet for more than some package offerings. You look like the only one here that's constantly pushing for him to become the starter. Why is that?

PS
And I'm still waiting on your detained assessment of all of Kyles short-comings as a QB.
You seem to have gone dummu-up on that subject after making your definitive claim, (Trask is probably pretty limited) about him.... o_O

Last edited:
Like Miss State I think it would take a defensive effort like that to win with Trask playing mostly against Auburn. We scored our only TD in that game on a trick play while throwing within a yard of the line of scrimmage on most of our other plays producing just 2 FGs I think. Jones might could open things up some.Who knows maybe Trask will really surprise me that game and light Auburn up even if we have a crappy running game still.
At what point in the season, if ever, do you actually allow yourself to enjoy Gator Football? Seriously?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT