ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Friends invited my wife and I over for dinner and they insisted we sit outside and wear masks.

I guess my question is: Are these people assholes for inviting us to dinner and wanting us to sit outside in the heat with masks on?

I say they are, otherwise why invite people to dinner?

Also for the record, these people are very much conservative and would never vote for biden, so their politics I don't think affected this scenario.

They weren't very considerate and should have made it known beforehand that they wanted you to wear masks outside. Which everyone knows is pointless.

I assume these are democrats?

So here's this thread, where the guy with two total posts is posting this inane rant, and he's responded to by a guy with one total post.

I smell Laker.
Gotta start some where and I thought it was an awesome story. What? I bet you sleep in your mask, take a shower in your mask, walk the dog in your mask. Heck, I bet it pisses you off to have to take your mask off to eat and drink. Enjoy your life living in fear of a virus, uhm, how'd Trump say, "Isn't worse than the flu?" lol.

I guess my question is: Are these people assholes for inviting us to dinner and wanting us to sit outside in the heat with masks on?

Also for the record, these people are very much conservative and would never vote for biden, so their politics I don't think affected this scenario.
Yeah, I know a few of conservatives that are going balistic over mask wearing. I only wear it when a store says do not enter without one - it's no big deal because I think these people are only workers and would rather not be wearing it either. Hey, perhaps you can invite them over to your house and when they show up tell them they are invited in only if they take their masks off. ;)

Gotta start some where and I thought it was an awesome story. What? I bet you sleep in your mask, take a shower in your mask, walk the dog in your mask. Heck, I bet it pisses you off to have to take your mask off to eat and drink. Enjoy your life living in fear of a virus, uhm, how'd Trump say, "Isn't worse than the flu?" lol.

I could care less about his post, only that it's Laker playing his games again.

But hey, way to spout off when you don't have a clue. I'm sure you never done that before. 🤣

Reactions: Jim E Russell

He's your typical sheep. Hoodwinked and loving it.

Sounds like they're just odd. If they are in a high risk group, I applaud their efforts to protect themselves but inviting people over for a face to face dinner seems counterproductive to that effort. Dinner by Zoom or drinks by Zoom would be their best option.

Reactions: instaGATOR
If they were so worried. Why did they invite anybody over. Sound like total BS to me. Forgive me if I offended you. But I must live in a different world. I know the friends I invite to my house or go to.

Reactions: Jim E Russell
If they were so worried. Why did they invite anybody over. Sound like total BS to me. Forgive me if I offended you. But I must live in a different world. I know the friends I invite to my house or go to.

Agree, total bullshit to me too. But I’m over it now and won’t be hanging out with them for awhile.

im spouting off?

Interesting.

Obviously, I was responding to the poster KJFreeze, as I pasted his thread as a reference. So either you are clueless on how to read basic English and follow a conversation, or you are BOTH posters and forgot to switch over to respond.

Keenly awaiting your response.

Interesting.

Obviously, I was responding to the poster KJFreeze, as I pasted his thread as a reference. So either you are clueless on how to read basic English and follow a conversation, or you are BOTH posters and forgot to switch over to respond.

Keenly awaiting your response.

I read your post and thought you were talking about me, that’s it. I’m not this laker guy or whoever else you think I am, but props to him for occupying so much of your thoughts.

If it was Sad's invite, he'd likely tell them to wear a masks, but to leave their pants at home.... :D

Last edited:
Thread title pretty much explains it. This couple is nice enough, don't really go out of the way to hang out with them, but they invited us over so I said sure what the hell. He's a covid bro and she's a nurse (knows everything about everything), but I assumed that the invitation meant he was going to be normal and we might just keep our distance.

We get to their house just outside lake city, keeping in mind it's about 92 and 90% humidity at 6 in the afternoon, and they're sitting in their carport with a dinner table all set and ready to go. They're out there and he's grilling while she gets things out of the kitchen, both wearing masks when we drive up. They didn't just throw them on when they saw us. We didn't even bring masks because I assumed if you're inviting folks over you're good without them so my wife is all panicked because she doesn't want to upset them. I get out and ask them if they wanted us to wear masks and they were both almost offended at the idea of us not having any. They're both adamant about us staying in the car until they figure something out. I suggested we wear one of their masks and you'd have thought I said I was going to nail both of their moms simultaneously at their horrified reaction. So I just came out and said if you want us to stay then we'll stay without masks and keep our distance, if not we can leave. So they looked at each other and both decided we should leave their house that they invited us to because we didn't have a damn mask on outside in 90+ degree heat.

I was pretty pissed off at them because what jackass invites people over and then thinks they want to bake in a carport with a mask on while they wait for food? My wife is a little more sympathetic I think is the word and just let it go, but it seems to me that they were the assholes here, not me.

Am I right or wrong here?
Seems quite simple to me.........cross them off the friends list, no longer in the circle of trust. Phuck em. Problem resolved. LOL

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT