ADVERTISEMENT

Oregon reverses course; passes bill to recriminalize hard drugs after overdose deaths skyrocket

Orangeclad

Rowdy Reptile
Jul 5, 2001
Shows you more lunacy of the left that they couldn't forsee all these deaths when they opened up the anything goes drug buffet. Brainless people.

Liberal Oregon U-turns, passes bill to recriminalize hard drugs as overdose deaths skyrocket

Shows you more lunacy of the left that they couldn't forsee all these deaths when they opened up the anything goes drug buffet. Brainless people.

Liberal Oregon U-turns, passes bill to recriminalize hard drugs as overdose deaths skyrocket

Not Oregon but I walked down the Main Street to Pike’s place in Seattle…it was 2 blocks of an open air drug market hellscape. It was the most uncomfortable I’ve ever been walking down the street.

It was as bad or worse than the videos you see. I swear some of the people there were dead, and it smelled like death the entire two blocks.

When I was younger I was in favor of legal drug use, but I was wrong (plus fentanyl didn’t exist then).

Legalizing drugs isn’t the issue, the nanny state is the issue. If you die from alcohol or food or cocaine so be it, it’s the price society pays for freedom. Just like guns. Freedom has a cost. You bailout loving commies don’t seem to get that.

When I was younger I was in favor of legal drug use, but I was wrong (plus fentanyl didn’t exist then).
Still am, under the condition that you don't get access to emergency services and they bill your family for scraping up your corpse.

• Wow
Reactions: fatman76

I agree that it was it a bad law but do you know that it was only passed because the voters wanted it?

At what point do you not listen to your voters?

In November 2020, voters in the U.S. state of Oregon passed Ballot Measure 110,[2] "[reclassifying] possession/penalties for specified drugs".[3] Drugs affected include heroin, methamphetamine, PCP, LSD and oxycodone, as well as others.[4] The Drug Policy Alliance non-profit organization was behind the measure.[4] Reclassifies penalty for drug possession as a Class E civil violation. The new law aims to reverse racial disparities in policing, and was projected to reduce black arrests by 94%.[5]

The new law came into effect on February 1, 2021.[6]

Still am, under the condition that you don't get access to emergency services and they bill your family for scraping up your corpse.
What? This is in line with my views. I don't believe that the government should be telling grownups what they can ingest, and I don't believe taxpayers should have to foot the bill for your poor life choices.

What? This is in line with my views. I don't believe that the government should be telling grownups what they can ingest, and I don't believe taxpayers should have to foot the bill for your poor life choices.
Those are my thoughts on the fentanyl crisis. Stop using illegal drugs and it won't be a problem. At some time, it's on poor life choices as you perfectly stated.

Reactions: Mdfgator
Those are my thoughts on the fentanyl crisis. Stop using illegal drugs and it won't be a problem. At some time, it's on poor life choices as you perfectly stated.
Yep. Let freedom ring! Freedom from the oppression of religion, government, science etc etc etc. freedom of choice but not of consequence.

Reactions: kalimgoodman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT