ADVERTISEMENT

Only choice dems believe in is abortion----definitely not for school choice

Orangeclad

Rowdy Reptile
Jul 5, 2001
So NC governor hates for parents to choose where they want their kids to go to school while one twitter user said the governor sent his own kid to private school. Governor must be so impressed with how well our students are doing in world education rankings. But I'll bet we can out pronoun any country in the world.
Dems are so fearful and paranoid about losing their little indoctrination scam.
But now school choice is a state of emergency? Wow! Who knew

North Carolina Gov. Roy Cooper declares 'state of emergency' over school choice bill

That is pretty much it. Take that off the table for them, and the Republicans have a very clear and compelling mandate for the middle.

I think the pandemic opened the eyes of lots of parents in terms of what is or isn't being taught in their particular school district. I think parents are as involved and engaged in their child's education today as they've been in many decades, jmo. And I don't think the left is very happy with that involvement. I don't think telling parents that their children belong to all of us or Terry McAuliffe telling parents they have no say in the school curriculum is or was very smart.
Mama bear bristles when govt. tries to take control over their children.

That is pretty much it. Take that off the table for them, and the Republicans have a very clear and compelling mandate for the middle.
No...Abortion is the media's and lefts ONLY card to play, and you are falling lock, stock and barrel for it. You are BELIEVING them. Let inflation keep happening, and the border crisis to start hitting home. Abortion does not affect many people...just do not believe in the current state of affairs that it will REALLY be a big decider. Not with China on Taiwan's door step. Russia in Ukraine, and us sending MULTIPLE billions of dollars there...when we need it here. Abortion is their only hope..and they will fall WAY short as long as Brandon and his criminal family is the only other choice

I think the pandemic opened the eyes of lots of parents in terms of what is or isn't being taught in their particular school district. I think parents are as involved and engaged in their child's education today as they've been in many decades, jmo. And I don't think the left is very happy with that involvement. I don't think telling parents that their children belong to all of us or Terry McAuliffe telling parents they have no say in the school curriculum is or was very smart.
Mama bear bristles when govt. tries to take control over their children.
Hell not they are not happy. There plan is to indoctrinate the children...and they have been VERY successful so far. Good thing I do not have children and one of these commie POS's tried to pull this garbage. Someone would have to post bail for me.

No...Abortion is the media's and lefts ONLY card to play, and you are falling lock, stock and barrel for it. You are BELIEVING them. Let inflation keep happening, and the border crisis to start hitting home. Abortion does not affect many people...just do not believe in the current state of affairs that it will REALLY be a big decider. Not with China on Taiwan's door step. Russia in Ukraine, and us sending MULTIPLE billions of dollars there...when we need it here. Abortion is their only hope..and they will fall WAY short as long as Brandon and his criminal family is the only other choice
No, the electorate is believing them. Republicans are losing elections. Lots of them. Because - people like DeSantis push a 6 week bill. Tudor Dixon wants no abortions.

Media eat it up, push it to the independents, Pelosi fund raises off of it and Democrats get handed gift, after gift, and gift.

College educated women see this one issue and say, "Republicans are bunch of old white dudes who want to control my body and choices" and forget about all of the other stuff.

This is the Marco Wilson 2021 LSU issue over, and over, and over, again.

Even Trump knows this is a loser issue and wishes the evangelical right would just move the hell on and still be passionate to vote.

No, the electorate is believing them. Republicans are losing elections. Lots of them. Because - people like DeSantis push a 6 week bill. Tudor Dixon wants no abortions.

Media eat it up, push it to the independents, Pelosi fund raises off of it and Democrats get handed gift, after gift, and gift.

College educated women see this one issue and say, "Republicans are bunch of old white dudes who want to control my body and choices" and forget about all of the other stuff.

Even Trump knows this is a loser issue and wishes the evangelical right would just move the hell on and still be passionate to vote.
Abortion is settled law, remember? Just move on!

No sir...have to disagree. The Constitution is NOW being followed. States still have the right to do as they please. NATIONAL elections, it will not mean much, as bad as the media want to portray that it will(and lefties who are left with the WORST president in our history to represent them) It WILL effect local and state races in some areas...but with how the dim wits have screwed up this PERFECTLY ran Country...THAT means MUCH more. Are YOU better off than you were 4 years ago? NO ONE will answer yes to this that is being honest. THAT is what matters

Not true. Democrats have been outperforming Republicans with voters in majority of elections since 2020. The Republicans only got the house because of strong gerrymandering, especially in FL. If DeSantis didn't reject that original map, Democrats would've kept the house.

Now to Orange thread, I think the Democrats should be more supportive of school choice because right now, poor kids get squeezed without it.

Not true. Democrats have been outperforming Republicans with voters in majority of elections since 2020. The Republicans only got the house because of strong gerrymandering, especially in FL. If DeSantis didn't reject that original map, Democrats would've kept the house.

Now to Orange thread, I think the Democrats should be more supportive of school choice because right now, poor kids get squeezed without it.

More incumbent Republicans were on the ballot in 2022. 2024 is the reverse and it will be a critical election for Democrats.

More incumbent Republicans were on the ballot in 2022. 2024 is the reverse and it will be a critical election for Democrats.
The House map currently favors the Democrats, and the R map favors a 50/50 senate again. The WH depends on the R nominee and half-joking, if Biden is healthy/alive.

And part of that over-performance was due to very poor candidates (senate races), very unpopular positions (abortion), obsession over a literal interpretation of "stop the steal" and a lack of hustle to get out the vote. They lost the middle and did not turn out enough of the base. Recipe for losing elections - especially close ones.

Rs far underperformed in 2022. The Red Wave never materialized.

The House map currently favors the Democrats, and the R map favors a 50/50 senate again. The WH depends on the R nominee and half-joking, if Biden is healthy/alive.

23 of the 34 seats up for election in the senate are currently held by Democrats (or "Independents" who caucus with Dems). If the Republicans can net 2, they control the senate regardless of who is POTUS.

Senate maps that I'm looking at ALL favor Republicans. All of them.

What House maps are you looking at? I'm not seeing what you're seeing. I'm seeing the opposite predicted but it's tight.

23 of the 34 seats up for election in the senate are currently held by Democrats (or "Independents" who caucus with Dems). If the Republicans can net 2, they control the senate regardless of who is POTUS.

Senate maps that I'm looking at ALL favor Republicans. All of them.

What House maps are you looking at? I'm not seeing what you're seeing. I'm seeing the opposite predicted but it's tight.
14 seats won by Republicans are in Biden won districts. Biden just keep his seats and split that, then the Democrats take over the House. That is why the democrats will be favored.

Now as for the Senate, incumbents Senators are tough to beat, something McConnell noted. The Rs will only be favored in WV due to the extreme outlier of Manchin winning. The only other outlier state is Montana with Mr. Tester. The issues there is that Montana votes for Democrats more likely than WV. That's the 50/50 prediction right there.

14 seats won by Republicans are in Biden won districts. Biden just keep his seats and split that, then the Democrats take over the House. That is why the democrats will be favored.

Now as for the Senate, incumbents Senators are tough to beat, something McConnell noted. The Rs will only be favored in WV due to the extreme outlier of Manchin winning. The only other outlier state is Montana with Mr. Tester. The issues there is that Montana votes for Democrats more likely than WV. That's the 50/50 prediction right there.
Whoever wins the presidential election will sweep their party in on both the House and Senate. Joe is the only one I can remember that didnt have coattails like this ( probably because they werent detailed enough in the cheating scheme to recreate this coattail effect ). If there are wider majorities for the party that loses the presidential election they may hold the chamber, but lose seats. Things are tight enough that it seems like the top of the ticket will drag everything else in that direction

Whoever wins the presidential election will sweep their party in on both the House and Senate. Joe is the only one I can remember that didnt have coattails like this ( probably because they werent detailed enough in the cheating scheme to recreate this coattail effect ). If there are wider majorities for the party that loses the presidential election they may hold the chamber, but lose seats. Things are tight enough that it seems like the top of the ticket will drag everything else in that direction
Joe did control the house and Senate, just like Trump. Then they both lost one branch in the midterms. That can be said about Obama too. Not sure what you're talking about.

Joe did control the house and Senate, just like Trump. Then they both lost one branch in the midterms. That can be said about Obama too. Not sure what you're talking about.
Joe retained the House, but lost seats. Typically, the president that wins at the top sweeps in NEW seats. I may have phrased poorly. It is A-typical for a Party X to win the white house, but lose house seats

Joe retained the House, but lost seats. Typically, the president that wins at the top sweeps in NEW seats. I may have phrased poorly. It is A-typical for a Party X to win the white house, but lose house seats
Trump won in 2016 and Rs lost 6 seats from 2014 to 2016 in the house and lost 2 seats in the Senate. Once again, what are you talking about?

Reactions: Orangeclad
Trump won in 2016 and Rs lost 6 seats from 2014 to 2016 in the house and lost 2 seats in the Senate. Once again, what are you talking about?
Looked it up, I stand corrected. Rs came out with a 47 seat majority in '16...didnt realize they had a 59 seat majority coming in. Sounds like at 59 seats all the juice was out of the squeeze.

So this is the public education in NC that the governor says the Republicans are trying to destroy.

Percent of students at or above proficiency:

4th grade reading 32%
4th grade math 35%

8th grade reading 26%
8th grade math 25%

The governor is right in using the term "emergency" but the emergency is not school choice but s**t public education.
No wonder the hypocrite governor sent his own kid to private school.

Stolen elections sway figures

4th grade reading 32%
4th grade math 35%

8th grade reading 26%
8th grade math 25%

The governor is right in using the term "emergency" but the emergency is not school choice but s**t public education.
TYPICAL lib/dim wits sucking the unions ****. They care ZERO about our children's education. They care about staying in power. If they cared about education they would be 100% FOR choice

Looked it up, I stand corrected. Rs came out with a 47 seat majority in '16...didnt realize they had a 59 seat majority coming in. Sounds like at 59 seats all the juice was out of the squeeze.
2014 House = Rs 247 Ds 188
2016 House = Rs 241 Ds 194

2014 Senate = Rs 54 Ds 44
2016 Senate = Rs 52 Ds 46

Where are you pulling your data from? because this clearly shows the Rs losing people when Trump became president.

2014 House = Rs 247 Ds 188
2016 House = Rs 241 Ds 194

2014 Senate = Rs 54 Ds 44
2016 Senate = Rs 52 Ds 46

Where are you pulling your data from? because this clearly shows the Rs losing people when Trump became president.
My math may be wrong, I am only a high school grad. But I believe I said...I stand corrected. The I said Rs came in to the 2016 election with a 59 seat majority, and came out with a 47 seat majority. The post you replied to was my saying, you are right...I was wrong...and then I came up with the exact same numbers you did here

4th grade reading 32%
4th grade math 35%

8th grade reading 26%
8th grade math 25%

I agree with you but public schools vs private schools isn't related to school choice.

HUH??? It sure is.
School choice is having public school money follow the student to go to private, charter, home school or whatever the family thinks best.

In a nutshell: School choice allows public education funds to follow students to the schools or services that best fit their needs —whether that’s to a public school, private school, charter school, home school or any other learning environment families choose.

School choice is having public school money follow the student to go to private, charter, home school or whatever the family thinks best.

In a nutshell: School choice allows public education funds to follow students to the schools or services that best fit their needs —whether that’s to a public school, private school, charter school, home school or any other learning environment families choose.
I could be wrong but I didn't think school choice included private schools. I thought it only pertained to other public schools, home school and charter schools because private schools doesn't qualify for state and federal funding but then again I could be wrong.

I could be wrong but I didn't think school choice included private schools. I thought it only pertained to other public schools, home school and charter schools because private schools doesn't qualify for state and federal funding but then again I could be wrong.
School choice is EXACTLY what it sounds like. Lefties are BIG TIME against it because of the teaches unions. they want more pay even though they do such a POOR job in many places. I think they should be FIRED.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT