ADVERTISEMENT

One thing that stood out with both UF's and FSU's '18 class...

Adding Jefferson and Grimes made it an incredible WR haul to go with Copeland and Watkins.

FWIW Watkins might be better than Copeland. Watkins is a big time playmaker.

Reactions: Num1gator
Can’t wait for 2019 in Orlando August 31st
The more time goes by, the more I love our hire of Dan Mullen more and more.

This offseason can't pass by soon enough. Love his trash talking of Georgia's recruiting title. The rivalry is about to heat up.

The more time goes by, the more I love our hire of Dan Mullen more and more.

This offseason can't pass by soon enough. Love his trash talking of Georgia's recruiting title. The rivalry is about to heat up.

UGA is recruiting at the highest level right now. Richt is no longer the coach. The SECe is on alert. I have not seen anyone be able to build this solid of a fence around the state of Georgia while also plucking some elite guys from elsewhere. It is Sabanesque. Mullen is not doing too shabby himself, but the talent gap still widened this past cycle and UGA is off to a blazing hot start again this year.

UGA is recruiting . the highest level right now. Richt is no longer the coach. The SECe is on alert. I have not seen anyone be able to build this solid of a fence around the state of Georgia while also plucking some elite guys from elsewhere. It is Sabanesque. Mullen is not doing too shabby himself, but the talent gap still widened this past cycle and UGA is off to a blazing hot start again this year.
Possibly. But Richt often put together classes higher ranked vs UF. Dawgs have to replace a ton so they cant afford many misses

UGA is recruiting at the highest level right now. Richt is no longer the coach. The SECe is on alert. I have not seen anyone be able to build this solid of a fence around the state of Georgia while also plucking some elite guys from elsewhere. It is Sabanesque. Mullen is not doing too shabby himself, but the talent gap still widened this past cycle and UGA is off to a blazing hot start again this year.
Well yeah, they just had their best season in twenty something years. Recruiting has very rarely been an issue to them. They have a distinct advantage of being clearly the best program in a state filled with highly rated players.

We are entering a decade long drought of being a real contender. When Mullen shows recruits that Florida is a fun program again I have little doubt talent will come flocking in droves.

Mullen knows the culture here, he is a link to some of our best years. Give him a couple years and we'll be a top 5 destination for all recruits.

They have a huge edge at the QB position for now. Once Mullen gets that fixed everything else will fall into place.

Reactions: GatorNation79

First step to the biggest recruiting class bust in history.

If we can both now find someone to throw to them...

HS player stats don't mean a thing,,,, :rolleyes: and that's why all of the recruiting services mostly go by them to get their star and position ratings.... o_O
That said, UF does have a couple of QB's that can throw the ball with accuracy and consistency. :cool:

HS Sr - QB Kyle Trask 73.4% with 10 TD's to 0 Ints.
His HS's #1b QB, playing the 3rd and 7th possessions, not just mop-up.
2018 rsSo

HS Sr - QB Jake Allen 60.9% with 27 TD's to 7 Ints, 7A FL Champs.
2018 rsFr

This Spring's QB battles should be fun to watch, with Mullen/Johnson coaching them up.... ;)

backstab-zone-sign-k2-0090.png

Or at least continue to laude the impressiveness of Trask based off of statement a from Doug Nussmeier.

About as convincing of an argument that the earth is flat.

From losers to winners, you gotta come out the gate CHOMPIN' (Mullen)
Too many chokes compared to the too few big plays.

A cryin' shame about R.Russell, but there are many other FNG's to help carry he 2018 load.
BTW - Good luck Eddy,,,, but HEL-LOOO! Evan...

There is no proof whatever that there are any other planets in this finite universe, just baseless speculation in the form of eyewitness testimony by astronomers gazing through their telescopes. Anyway, it's all been debunked by those in the know, just ask them... :rolleyes: --- moving right along.... :confused:

The stars and position ranking mean a little more at some positions than at others imoho. The QB position is where they mean the least, especially in Mullen's offense..
Why would I say that?
QB Dak Prescott *** -- Now a Dallas Cowboy
QB Nick Fitzgerald ** - Soon to be yet another Mullen NFL QB.

So, all 4 of the Gator roster QB's will get an even shot at winning the job this Spring. I'm pretty sure that the recent Gator QB woes,,, are soon to be history... It will also be important for the 2-3 QB's to be up to speed and ready to go.

The QB's work with Savage takes on a new importance, I'm thinking.
Without other players that can run the ball, the QB takes on an even bigger role.
This will NOT be the case for the Gators.
They will have a dozen or more on roster that could run the ball.

The QB's job:
Completely understand the overall offense and that day's game plan.
Read the D and get the ball to the correct play-maker on each play.
See the open man, and be accurate passing. Don't turn the ball over.
Only run the QB when nothing else is open or works.....
I only see them intentionally running the QB 5-8 times a game, including scrambles, maybe 10-13 times per game.

With all of that said, I haven't got a clue as to who will win the starters job, or what the QB depth chart will look like in Sept, but for a pleasant change, I'm confident in these coaches getting it right for 2018....
This time next year, I might have a better fix on how these coaches will go about choosing QB depth.

QB-dt D'Eriq King 5-11 170 4.4/40 - Manvel, TX starting 1a QB.
Trask was the 1b QB-PP, not considered a backup by his own coach.

QB-dt D'Eriq King was an adaquate size for a HS QB-dt, but unlikely to hold up in the SEC, and almost never in the NFL.
~ Here’s what his HS coach, Kirk Martin, told SEC Country after Trask joined the Gators:“Everybody (clueless) talks about Kyle being a backup, I never viewed him that way. D’Eriq was just so electric with the ball in his hands that it was hard to take him out. We run a wide-open spread offense with a lot of zone reads and QB runs that (4.7/40) Kyle couldn’t do. He’s truly a pro-style QB. He can run now, but he’s not a 4.4 guy like D’Eriq.” (but neither was Tebow or Prescott) o_O

"Mullen has said he’ll adjust around his QB’s strengths, but he’s proven to be most successful with a big, mobile quarterback running the show. Trask has the size and the arm strength, but it remains to be seen what kind of a fit he is for this new coaching staff."

PS

For the QB genius types here that want to throw eggs at both Trask and Allen, how did your own QB choice do in 2017? (usually crickets for a response)
Franks - 54.6%, 9 TD's, 8 Ints, Sac-master, benched twice. Only injuries brought him back.
LDR - Injured in his 2nd quarter as the starter, out for the season yet again.
Zaire - 57.1%, 0 TD's, 1 Int, negative rushing yds, injured out for the season again.

Trask can't get it done because twits claim he was a HS backup in TX.
Allen can't get it done because he was the starter for the FL 7A Champ.
And there's nothing at all FoS between those 2 'exact same positions.' :rolleyes:

Last edited:
There is no proof whatever that there are any other planets in this finite universe, just baseless speculation in the form of eyewitness testimony by astronomers gazing through their telescopes. Anyway, it's all been debunked by those in the know, just ask them..

giphy.gif

Reactions: GatorNation79
How many times is that weirdo going to spam the board with his love affair?

How many times is that weirdo going to spam the board with his love affair?

How many time is this moron going to snivel and whine about what he claims is my spam posting, instead of just putting my posts on ignore and never again seeing me spanking his own stupidity, over and over? Talk about a twisted, perverse, and never ending love affair.... o_O

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT