ADVERTISEMENT

Ole Miss

Gatorfan577

Rowdy Reptile
Dec 17, 2005
Chicago, IL
So for negative folks like me who were ranting way too much against the Loser in last couple of years, this has been a nice surprise. Almost a feeling of liberation if you will! So my question to more knowledgeable folks here, do we have any chance against Ole Miss for us to continue having this feeling or is it time to wake up and smell the coffee ?

We have a chance, we just HAVE to do some different things on defense or they will torch us. Missed tackles have to stop and the offense has to take care of the ball and grow more each week. After I saw Vandy's absolutely DREADFUL qb making some plays on them and scoring a few times, and the way their defense was getting to Chad Kelly and sacking him I felt better about our matchup. Having the night home crowd will be HUGE. Ole Miss will have played two huge road games in three weeks and might be banged up a bit as well. Certainly can play with them and have a shot, yes.

'On any Saturday' still applies, so hope can spring eternal.

And as coach Mc has already said, we're not in this for a 'Participation Ribbon.'

If this game is still close going into the 4th quarter, it could get very interesting

I think Ole Miss has a very good team. Their game this past weekend against Vandy was just one of those typical letdown games after a big win.

We have to get pressure on Kelly. I think he is capable of making some mistakes that could keep us in this game. I'm not sure they have that good of a running game. Their defensive line though is very good. We just need to try and hang around. We have to win the TO battle though IMO to have a shot.

We have to do limit our mistakes: tackling as already mentioned HAS to be on point, we have to get turnovers, not turn it over and our offense has to sustain some drives...we need big plays out of the offense.The offensive line has to play well...if we do those things then we certainly can win..it might be too much to ask out of these young kids but I think that we will be in the game.

This will be a tough game for us, on d it will be strength (ole miss pass) vs strength (our secondary) which will be fun to watch. Their D is very good and force a lot of TO. If our offense can play the way we did on the 2nd half against UT I think we have a good shot at winning.

Honestly I think that we lose big in this game. I hope that I'm not right but I think that our lack of tackling catches up with us and lack of consistent drives on offense catches up to us. If Ole Miss plays like they did in the first 3 games and we play like we have the last few weeks then it gets ugly for us. We'll see how we come out and play.

We can compete but for us to win if will have to be on defense. Ole Miss is going to force us to tackle in space and we've been terrible at that. I'm confident we can rattle Kelly some with our pass rush but we need to clean up a lot on the back end.

Offensively I don't see us being able to run the ball so Grier is going to have to have the game of his life. Luckily the two times I've watched Ole Miss their secondary looked slow to me, so some plays will be there. The issue is buying enough time with that dline they have.

We can compete but for us to win if will have to be on defense. Ole Miss is going to force us to tackle in space and we've been terrible at that. I'm confident we can rattle Kelly some with our pass rush but we need to clean up a lot on the back end.

Offensively I don't see us being able to run the ball so Grier is going to have to have the game of his life. Luckily the two times I've watched Ole Miss their secondary looked slow to me, so some plays will be there. The issue is buying enough time with that dline they have.

How good is their defense? Bama scored 41 on La Tech, and I know, Bama lets off the gas on small teams, but it was 0-0 for a long time. I think Ole Miss' defense can be exploited, and I think we can get some TO's on them with a solid pass rush. Need Tabor back so they can't just throw away from VHIII all day.

Good thoughts! Well if in our hey days MS teams ca

Good thoughts every one. Thanks! I think it will come down to coaching staff and how they manage the personnel and how players execute their talents. In our hey days, we used to lose to MS teams in MS, it would be a lot of fun for a MS team to come highly ranked here and lose. I have a feeling gators by a field goal.

Ole Miss is going to force us to tackle in space and we've been terrible at that. .
I agree with this 100%...this is our biggest challenge in this game. If our defense plays great then we have a chance but if we tackle like we have been then we are going to get our doors kicked in. Some times you are what you are and right now we are getting it done in this department and that's all on the coaching.

How good is their defense? Bama scored 41 on La Tech, and I know, Bama lets off the gas on small teams, but it was 0-0 for a long time. I think Ole Miss' defense can be exploited, and I think we can get some TO's on them with a solid pass rush. Need Tabor back so they can't just throw away from VHIII all day.

Their d-line is legit. Nkemdiche is a legit top 10 type talent and I don't think we'll be able to handle them inside. Man for man they might have one of the more talented d-lines in the country. Their secondary can be had though, it's just a matter of being able to handle their d-line for long enough to get back there.

So funny how things change....not long ago looking at a game vs Ole Miss would never have been seen as one of the toughest games, LOL

I bought tix for this game as soon as I was able, thinking...cheap tix game - Ole Miss versus a rebuilding Gator squad.

Now I'm rolling up into G'ville, thinking Wow. Lucky me I get to see this game in person.

A couple of items for me...
I'm not sure if our O-line will not just get blown up. Grier makes errant throws due to pressure and our running game is squashed.
We get Tabor back. Big help. I like our D against their O.

Ole Miss is very undisciplined. That in itself could help. They don't have much of a running game to speak of. Certainly not like the threat of Dobbs. Defensive pressure will be a must. Just to throw off timing. Anyone know if Tunsil will be back? His back up received SEC Olineman of the week. The UF oline will have to be on point and rbs will have to chip the hell out of the OM dine in pass protect.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT