ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting Officially submitted my FutureCast prediction

Corey Bender

Administrator
Mar 26, 2018
Shortly ago, I submitted my Rivals FutureCast prediction for Chris McClellan, a Rivals250 defensive tackle from the state of Oklahoma.

Until I hear differently, I'm rolling with Florida and I will explain why.

As I noted yesterday, Oklahoma still believes Florida will be the choice. A connected source in Norman told me that a week ago and then yesterday as well. The Sooners believe it's down to Florida and Oklahoma, while Florida "likes" its chances and is "still pushing hard."

"OU thinks it's them, that it's Florida," the Oklahoma source told GT on Tuesday.

This is what they told me last week: "OU seems to think Chris McClellan is headed elsewhere. Spoke to a source today close to McClellan who thinks he'll visit Bama this weekend and commit to Florida next week."

Then you have Alabama. McClellan officially visited the Crimson Tide last week, but Nick Saban's program is prioritizing other defensive linemen right now, with one being UF target, Isaiah Hastings, who has Alabama on top after visiting last weekend.

"Not Bama unless they make a big push down the road. They like Hastings more and feel good about Khurtiss Perry," an Alabama source told me on Tuesday.

The last school under consideration is Ohio State. It's no secret that McClellan issued a silent commitment to Ohio State over the summer because I've had a number of people confirm that. There were also a boatload of predictions submitted in favor of the Buckeyes, so that is why there was a lot of buzz there.

However, from what I was told in recent weeks, Ohio State has somewhat cooled on him. I'm pretty sure they would still take him, but they are not going to relentlessly chase him with several defensive tackle targets still on the board. This one is somewhat of a wildcard.

Below is what two separate OSU sources told me 24 hours ago.

Source A: "The Buckeyes pretty much have every single top target of theirs on the DL visiting this week except him from what I know. So whether Chris cooled on Buckeyes or they cooled on him, it certainly appears they are both heading in separate directions."

Source B: "He was plan A for a long time, but then he decided to back off the basically “silent” commitment he issued in the summer and it seems like they’ve decided they’re not interested in chasing if he’s not interested."

So, with that being said, I'm rolling with Florida right now. The Gators are confident, Oklahoma believes it's Florida, and then you have Alabama and Ohio State currently not pushing as hard as the Gators and Sooners.

I want to be clear though: I haven't been told it's definitely Florida. This is me getting intel from several sources and putting it all together. If the Sooners end up being the selection, it's them underestimating their standing in McClellan's recruitment and being somewhat surprised. That was the firm prediction several weeks ago, but Oklahoma is now getting the vibe that Florida is going to win out instead. We will see how this plays out, but Florida is my prediction as of now though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News