ADVERTISEMENT

NIL article from the SEC meetings

LLB-ATL

Rowdy Reptile
Gold Member
Dec 2, 2021
Interesting (albeit long) article about the latest on NIL and the SEC - I encourage everyone to read it. The NIL landscape is definitely the wild, wild west. I'm convinced having strong executive leadership skills (Napier grades very high here) as a head coach will become even more important as CFB wrestles with the most complex issue it has faced in it's history. As I have stated previously pretty consistently, judging a new coach using metrics from the last 30-40 years is pretty short-sighted given the massive fundamental changes going on in the sport w/ respect to talent acquisition and retention. Everybody can point to successes and failures in the short term, but the truth is NOBODY knows the right formula (% portal, % HS recruiting). We are in the very early innings of these changes and these changes happen to coincide with a coaching change at UF.

Everybody is arguing about W/L records in year one and projections for year 2. IMO, the most important development is the progress we have made off the field - from my vantage point it is the most we've made in the last 15 years combined. We have a coach that has rallied the proverbial power brokers (AD, Admin.,Key Boosters & Pres.) to get better equipped to handle this new environment. None of our four previous coaches had the vision, personality, confidence, organization, commitment and ability to make that happen. We can quibble about clock management and offensive/defensive schemes (all which can be improved or modified), but we are better off with Napier after Season 1 because of the off the field work he has done.

https://www.si.com/college/2023/05/30/sec-meetings-nil-athlete-employment-collectives-hot-topics

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News