ADVERTISEMENT

NFL Draft needs a rule change

fsu939913

Bull Gator
Jul 29, 2014
The draft is broken up into 3 nights. If a junior leaves early. They should be able to put a "limit" on tbemselves. For instance, say a junior wants to leave but only if its 1st roumd. They should have to sign paperwork well b4 the draft saying, if they are not gone on day 1, they return to college. Same thing with round 2 . Obviously u cant do that with round 3-7 cuz they are on the same day. So they would have to sign a paper and check these boxes. Going to draft no matter the round, going to draft only in top 2 rounds, going to draft only in round 1.

I see way to many juniors for every school fall. Cook, Tabor are 1st round talents. Heck, Kaaya might slip to the 5th or 6th.

They should allow the juniors to smoke blunts in the draft room with an NFL sponsored cold budweiser to wash it down real good...

Reactions: EvilWayz
giphy.gif
They should allow the juniors to smoke blunts in the draft room with an NFL sponsored cold budweiser to wash it down real good...

Not only would NFL teams hate it, but it would put their college teams in an awkward position. A lot of recruiting and scholarship math is done with these guys leaving.

Yeah there would have to be some readjustments on certain things but i jus feel bad for juniors who are told, ur a top 20 pick and they fall to the 3rd round

Yeah there would have to be some readjustments on certain things but i jus feel bad for juniors who are told, ur a top 20 pick and they fall to the 3rd round

I don't disagree. And the problem is that there's more and more early departures every year.

You can go back to school, if you don't sign with an agent or take money. You'd be at a disadvantage because the NFL can't fly you to interviews and events, but you could return to school.

You can go back to school, if you don't sign with an agent or take money. You'd be at a disadvantage because the NFL can't fly you to interviews and events, but you could return to school.

I think that rule needs to change. Im not sure all the fine details but it would be cool for someone to say, i want to go to the draft, if i dont get picked in the 1st, i want to come back. School and player agree. It could be done.

I think that rule needs to change. Im not sure all the fine details but it would be cool for someone to say, i want to go to the draft, if i dont get picked in the 1st, i want to come back. School and player agree. It could be done.

The moment there's money involved, they're ineligible.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT