ADVERTISEMENT

Rhule a good portal QB costs $1-2 MILLION

gatorshime

Gator Great
Jan 30, 2002
Also said there are teams with 6-7 Million dollar qb’s on them. These are KIDS who in some cases have yet to throw a pass yet! Can you imagine the corruption going on right now? I sure some schools have been doing this ( Georgia ) for awhile now. Trask got less than $5 Million as a 2nd round draft pick. NIL and the Portal have ruined college football. Riley Leonard is leaving Duke I’m sure to cash in and I don’t blame him.

BTW, has anyone seen a t-shirt or anything related to a college player having his NIL on it?

I guess now they go
Pro to take a pay cut.

Also said there are teams with 6-7 Million dollar qb’s on them. These are KIDS who in some cases have yet to throw a pass yet! Can you imagine the corruption going on right now? I sure some schools have been doing this ( Georgia ) for awhile now. Trask got less than $5 Million as a 2nd round draft pick. NIL and the Portal have ruined college football. Riley Leonard is leaving Duke I’m sure to cash in and I don’t blame him.

BTW, has anyone seen a t-shirt or anything related to a college player having his NIL on it?

I guess now they go
Pro to take a pay cut.

Yep it's out of control on QBs. From what I heard the other positions kind of have a slot value as far as the high school top recruits and it' comes down to which team they want to go to out of the teams willing to pay it.

Most players don't have much true NIL value. Just a few like Bama's former QB. It's an easy way to legalize payoffs though.

The unregulated NIL, in combination with the transfer portal is ruining college football. How can it be acceptable for NIL organizations to be able to attempt to lure and poach players from other schools by offering them ultra lucrative NIL deals before a player enters the portal? I am guessing that it was Mertz who was offered a deal that was twice his current UF NIL deal, who thankfully decided to honor his current UF NIL agreement and stay at UF. The NFL and NBA would consider this tampering and severely punish teams involved. In college football this is acceptable and furthermore there is a portal that allows players to choose their next team. Imagine if this was allowed in the NFL. It would ruin the league.
Is NIL limited to college players? Are coaches eligible to receive NIL deals? Many players who have not played a single down are making more than their coaches. I would rather invest in a proven coordinator who has shown he can mold good players to elite levels then invest in an unproven high school student.

The reason the NCAA permits the shite show that is NIL and unrestricted transfers is because it is the cost for the NCAA and its colleges and conferences to keep the players out of the tv, gameday and licensing revenue. Players and schools should be able to negotiate contracts. But the NCAA won’t allow that because it blows up the ridiculous amateurism argument and would force them to split revenue with the players. So the current disaster is what we’re stuck with for who knows how long.

Reactions: Countygator1
The unregulated NIL, in combination with the transfer portal is ruining college football. How can it be acceptable for NIL organizations to be able to attempt to lure and poach players from other schools by offering them ultra lucrative NIL deals before a player enters the portal? I am guessing that it was Mertz who was offered a deal that was twice his current UF NIL deal, who thankfully decided to honor his current UF NIL agreement and stay at UF. The NFL and NBA would consider this tampering and severely punish teams involved. In college football this is acceptable and furthermore there is a portal that allows players to choose their next team. Imagine if this was allowed in the NFL. It would ruin the league.
Is NIL limited to college players? Are coaches eligible to receive NIL deals? Many players who have not played a single down are making more than their coaches. I would rather invest in a proven coordinator who has shown he can mold good players to elite levels then invest in an unproven high school student.

I dont believe that about Mertz but if they did offer to do it and he legally could have he should have took it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT