ADVERTISEMENT

Negative Attitudes: Please Read

monty55

Bull Gator
Gold Member
Sep 5, 2001
I know how badly burned Gator Nation has been burned since the SEC Championship Game in 2009. Year after year of WTF moments on the field, off the field, $h!++¥ decisions on coaches, recruits, game plans (or lack of)..... You name it, we have had to swallow a whole sewage plant of crud.

We are suffering from what Coach Spurrier identified when he was hired as "Wait Til Next Year" Syndrome. That is all Gator Nation had been saying since the Football program was born! We didn't expect good luck or even bad luck....we expected a crap sammie at our time of ultimate acheivement. Steve spent his ENTIRE Gator Gathering Tour in 90 telling Gator Nation that great things were coming! We were going to win and win big! The Dawgs wete Gator Bait! They had to fly TO Florida and play in a stadium named after us....the GATOR Bowl! Our 89 4th string QB was about to be the 1st Team All SEC QB. Get ready to go to the Sugar Bowl as SEC Champions on a regular basis!

For 20 years we knew good things were going to happen and then the last 5 years has has put the "Wait Til Next Year" Syndrome back front and center in a huge portion Gator Nation psyches. I feel myself falling into that abyss all the time but I think of the Ole Ball Coaches Commandment #1: We are Gator Nation and God Will Smile On The Gators!

Some will say it is "Pumping Sunshine"....but not me, I am just following The Greatest Gators demand! God Will Smile On Gator Nation!

GO GATORS!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News