ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting My take on Arik Gilbert (+ notes from Mike Farrell)

Corey Bender

Administrator
Mar 26, 2018
My initial thread got deleted when we merged the threads, but I just wanted repost this again along with notes from Farrell.

We’ve been hearing all along that it was going to be somewhat of an uphill battle as far as actually getting into the university.

The former LSU standout has been taking classes over the last month in preparation for Gainesville, but now there has been a change of plans.

Definitely a big blow as far as what he could have been in Florida’s offense. There is some uncertainty as a position for the 2021 season, but Gamble and Zipperer will be the ones relied upon, while there has been a good amount of buzz surrounding freshman Nick Elksnis as well. I’m just not sure how much of a factor he will be in year one.

Zipperer and Elksnis are two guys UF will be relying on over the next 2-3 years, while top 2022 TE target Jaleel Skinner is favoring the Gators.

From Farrell:

This has nothing to do with football or being homesick, yes there is an academic portion to this as he fell behind at LSU and has a lot of ground to make up but this is from what I am told strictly personal issues and nothing more I or anyone but Arik can comment on. My source has told me he has no idea where he will end up and that he can't even think about football at this stage, he has plenty of things to work through personally.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News