ADVERTISEMENT

My opinions from Under Armour game live

Moosepoo80

Bull Gator
Gold Member
Jul 1, 2004
Orlando, FL
Went to the game today as I try to every year with my dad and brother. Always fun to see these guys before they start their college careers on one field. Sat behind the Legends bench (Pinkish/Red team).

QBs - I hate to admit it but Duffy for sow at QB can be good. He can move and throws a nice ball. Has freakishly long arms but I was impressed unfortunately. Weigman QB for A&M was impressive too. Of course he was throwing to other A&M WRs a lot too. He already has shirts that say "Weig em!" Which I'm sure we will see in 2023 and 2024 at the games against us. The Utah commit has a shot put type throwing motion. I wasn't impressed. The Vandy Committ Samm has a good arm just is a bigger guy and kind of moves slow.

RBs - Pretty meh, none stood out to me like years past. They were OK nobody blew me away

WRs - A&M got a sick haul. But the Mizzou WR impressed me. He took the first pass to the house and looked like he could juke and has speed. Gibson looks very tall on the sidelines. He looks the part in uniform but I hope we won't regret that decision.

DTackles- Nolen (A&M DTackle) is large. If he turns the fat into muscle he will be a monster. Seemed to hurt his wrist in the first half but was playing again in the 2nd half. Georgia Dtackle Bear something is a grown man. He is a beast too.

LB- Perkins would've been a nice addition but we weren't even in the top 3 when they mentioned his school options today. I don't see anyone out bidding A&M for him.

DE- the uncommitted Shemar looked pretty good and was active all day. We need to get him

Safeties- Kamari got beat a few times today. They didn't always make the catch. He looked smaller frame wise in person than on film to me.

DBs - There was a lot of solid ones out there today. Travis Hunter played DB a lot today and he ran his mouth a lot. Seemed to get tired a few times after plays.

Kicker- how did we miss out on McPhersons brother? That's a travesty. The kid looks 12 and has skinny legs but absolutely drops bombs. At halftime he had the kickers tee on the 50yd line as was kicking 60 yards. I can't believe we missed on him especially after this year.

As I remember more I will post. If there's any specific questions I can try and answer. We Sat right behind the bench but the Icon team was on the opposite side of the field and they wouldn't allow fans on that side so it was harder to see them up close

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News