ADVERTISEMENT

My extremely brief and non inclusive take on what I saw from FNL

duecehoward

Rowdy Reptile
Mar 25, 2007
First off, this is not one of you long takes on something because I got off of work at 10:30 and rushed over to the stadium in about 6 minutes and saw the but end off the event. I only have a few prospects/current Gator players to speak about and it is not at all in depth so bare with me.

Ron Powell: He is already the size Jermaine Cunningham played at during his Jr. year at UF at around 250 is my guess. Just watching him toss the football around with the kids and jog around and play catch was somewhat impressive how fluid he moves. He also seemed VERY approachable and friendly.

Chaz Green: I had to double...no, triple take to confirm it was him..He was walkin around in a tank top chatting with Hunter Joyer. The guy is ripped and frankly did not look like an O-Lineman at all. He looks like someones Middle Linebacker. He has more muscle definition than Brandon Spikes (not saying much) and its not even close. Impressive is the word to describe him if he can add about 40 more pounds of muscle...Look for him to redshirt because he is WAY undersized (in shear mass/weight) for an SEC O-Lineman...He looks to be about 250 max.

Mike Bellamy: At first I was just starring at him saying to myself, "damn, who is this kid? looks so familiar"... It then dawned on me that it was Mike Bellamy MINUS the dreadlocks...Ummmmmmmm...I dont know how to say this any other way but he is incredibly thin for a running back prospect. I know he is about speed but damn....He is definitely taller than Rainey but he may have him beat when it comes to Anorexic tailbacks (comparing them at the same stage).... He honestly is built like a wide receiver...I was baffled. May be he put on a show though...I was too late to judge his ability.

Ryan Shazier: Looks like an Air Force trainee with that bald cut he sports. Looks good on him though. He definitely looks like a thorough bread athlete with veins protruding from everywhere including his legs but he also resembles a WR recruit at the time being. He looked to be having fun though and I can see the frame to add plenty of weight. Of course he was in street clothes and there isn't much else that can be said of him because of that.

Curt Maggit: Didn't get to see him perform but he looks very athletic, all of his muscle is in his arms and he needs to hit the dining room along with the weight room. His size is no worse than Jermaine Cunningham his frosh year though and he turned out to add his weigh beautifully. I hope the same goes for Maggit.

Thats all I could identify from my spot on the field, sorry for how brief it was but I do what I can.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News