ADVERTISEMENT

Mock finish 31JAN18...

Swamp_Thing

Ring of Honor
Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
With one week left until NSD I decided to take a stab at how the gators will finish out this class. There are conflicting reports on how many we can take, but the number is believed to be somewhere between 7-9. With that being said here is what I have…

It seems that Florida was able to lock this one up last weekend. There will be some sweating with Dabo still set to visit him, but I think he signs with UF.

Copeland was very close to Mac and he took it very hard when he was fired. Mullen and Gonzales have done a great job getting back into this and I fully believe Copeland will end up where he’s always wanted to be, at UF.

Florida made up a lot of ground here and ultimately I believe he ends up at UF where he fits perfectly into the scheme that Grantham will be running.

This one has been done since his visit in my opinion. Rumor has it that PSU seems to have accepted the fact that he’s going to UF.

Set to visit this weekend and things seem to be down to UF, Ole Miss, and Texas A&M. There is some news out there that A&M has made up a lot of ground recently. I still feel the staff will close this one out.

This will come down to Auburn and UF. If Auburn were to press hard here they could pull this off, but I don’t believe they will. That being said if they do it could me that UF landed Tannor who I will touch on in a min.

The flip happened as expected.

Not confident enough at this time to say we land them…

Let me start by saying I do not think UF is out of this one, but I do not feel good enough about it to put him in my mock finish. I believe this is a UF, ND, and OSU battle. Schiano will keep OSU in this one till the end; his ties to Berkley Prep make me nervous. NPF was very high on ND after his visit, but that was months ago. Kelly will go in home before NSD and honestly NPF seems like the time of kid that would go to ND. I believe Alabama is out from what I have heard. Their academics did not meet his mother’s standards. While this will be a test for Mullen, not landed him does not mean Mullen is not a good recruiter.

This one is an Auburn/UF battle. Auburn has the lead at this point, but if Mullen were to pull this one off that us where you may see Auburn push for Johnson and he end up there. I for one would take that swap.

This one seems to be an A&M and LSU battle. It’s hard to pull kids out of LA, but UF has done it in the past. I don’t see it at this point, but he visits this weekend so anything could happen.

He is due to visit this weekend and coaches are scheduled to see him this week, but I feel this will come down to Ole Miss and MSU.

It is possible that UF could land anyone of these kids as well and that would make for a stellar finish. I don’t have Florida landing Barnes, Montilus, Lovett, Silvera, Langham, Alamino or any other prospects at this time. If we finish with Gouraige, Copeland, Chatfield, Boykin, Gerald, Johnson, and McDowell that will give us 20 commits, 12 blue chip prospects by their composite ranking, and likely a final ranking around 10-12 in the composite rankings. That’s a very good finish for a transition class.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News