ADVERTISEMENT

Matt Luke - Georgia's associate head coach and offensive line assistant - resigned Monday

Jeff from Jax

Gator Great
Dec 2, 2004
Jacksonville, FL
Matt Luke resigned Monday saying he wanted to spend more time with his family.

The 45-year-old Luke is a former head coach at Mississippi. He spent the last two seasons working for Georgia coach Kirby Smart, helping the Bulldogs win their first national championship since 1980.

Makes you wonder who his replacement will be & how it will effect OL recruiting & coaching at UGA.

https://sports.yahoo.com/uga-assistant-luke-steps-down-224014454.html

• Wow
Reactions: ghost_of_ukalum1988
Country,

Predictable across all sports at all levels.

The only way to have a championship year is to have a great staff.

Coaches are human; they are looking to better themselves.

Saban goes through this every year. This year it's Kirby's turn.
I don't disagree, but a couple of their coaches didn't necessarily leave for better opportunities.

Matt Luke was the relationship key with the Manning’s. If there is any issue there with Kirby and Luke, it will sever Georgia’s chances for Arch.

Matt Luke was the relationship key with the Manning’s. If there is any issue there with Kirby and Luke, it will sever Georgia’s chances for Arch.
I'm told this isn't accurate. Luke was not number one or even two.

Reactions: LrgK9

I'm told this isn't accurate. Luke was not number one or even two.
Arch seems like a very smart kid.

Cooper as well as Peyton, Eli, and Archie all have a good head on their shoulders. Olivia is the best of them all.

All that said...I would hope with all that business brains and high football IQ that Arch doesn't make his decision or have family influence his decision based on Matt Freaking Big Head Azz Luke.

Reactions: gatordad3
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT