ADVERTISEMENT

LSU Game officially cancelled (link)

There were games in large and small towns up and down the Southeast/mid atlantic region and only one was canceled outright. At least one was rescheduled for Sunday. I am still not totally sold on the rationale for shutting it down totally so early in the process. Nothing wrong with waiting until mid day on Friday to ultimately make a decision on the game. Concerned that a minority group of fans may not be able to make the game from NE Florida should not result in a game being canceled, imo. The game is in Gainesville and that should be the primary concern. Forecasts cleared that area well in advance to have a game. Some season ticket holders miss games every week. If they do not or cannot make a game then those tix are put up for sale. If it hit my area and caused me to have to sit home, but most of the fan base could still make the game along with the weather being nice then so be it. Just an odd decision so early.

There were games in large and small towns up and down the Southeast/mid atlantic region and only one was canceled outright. At least one was rescheduled for Sunday. I am still not totally sold on the rationale for shutting it down totally so early in the process. Nothing wrong with waiting until mid day on Friday to ultimately make a decision on the game. Concerned that a minority group of fans may not be able to make the game from NE Florida should not result in a game being canceled, imo. The game is in Gainesville and that should be the primary concern. Forecasts cleared that area well in advance to have a game. Some season ticket holders miss games every week. If they do not or cannot make a game then those tix are put up for sale. If it hit my area and caused me to have to sit home, but most of the fan base could still make the game along with the weather being nice then so be it. Just an odd decision so early.
Incorrect. The UCF home game was canceled on Friday night due to the hurricane.

Incorrect. The UCF home game was canceled on Friday night due to the hurricane.

And both teams agreed to a November 5th game two days before it is scheduled to be played. Now, that is the way to do it. The rest of the games in the Southeast/mid atlantic were played.

And both teams agreed to a November 5th game two days before it is scheduled to be played. Now, that is the way to do it. The rest of the games in the Southeast/mid atlantic were played.
LSU has the option top play on Nov 19th. We offered that. Several times. LSU rejected it.

Your opinions are usually rational and well informed. Yet you are surprisingly uninformed about this matter. Do a little more research before you wade in anymore.

You can start with the article I posted on the previous page in this thread.

LSU has the option top play on Nov 19th. We offered that. Several times. LSU rejected it. To play where? LSU or Gainesville? If LSU then I agree they should take that agreement.

Your opinions are usually rational and well informed. Yet you are surprisingly uninformed about this matter. Do a little more research before you wade in anymore.

You can start with the article I posted on the previous page in this thread. I took your advice and read it. I saw some opinions from only a UF perspective. For example, sure the insurance policy can reimburse a school for lost ticket revenues and buyout the original opponents, but does it cover the lost economic benefits to the rest of the community? Just another point as well, they talk about UCF canceling as well, but fail to mention they and Tulane reached an agreement two days before canceling the game to play on November 5th. That is called effective planning and smart decision making.

Are you serious? Are you *really* suggesting that Florida offer to play another road SEC game at LSU? One originally scheduled to be played in Gainesville?

My goodness. Bless your little heart.

Are you serious? Are you *really* suggesting that Florida offer to play another road SEC game at LSU? One originally scheduled to be played in Gainesville?

My goodness. Bless your little heart.

If they refuse to play the game unless it's in Baton Rouge, then I think we should agree, as long as we get the next two years at home and they accept it when we call them whiney babies and say that we were the ones that took the high road and did more to get this game played than they did.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT