ADVERTISEMENT

Locksley to UF?

Last time he was on our staff, I'm pretty sure he did some indiscretion that he got in a little hot water for.....was it a scuffle with a fellow coach? Or fraternizing with someone's wife?

What is up with the coaching changes that were rumored to be coming? I guess Locksley isn't coming after all.

Word I am hearing is Criatobal is moving on from Bama so Locksley may be getting promoted by Bama

I guess I might be scared to come to UF right now as a coach until Mac shows he has turned the corner. I cant belive we are stuck with Nuss for another season.

We finished below Muschamp in offense this season and he is at SC. Unbelievable

So Summers moved on. Hopefully Mac makes a good hire. I didn't think Summers was as bad as some thought but he was having trouble in the recruiting dept. a little bit.

Movement on the Gator coaching staff fluxuates almost yearly, for as long as I can remember. Nothing new there, and replacements are always available. Mc will have plenty of time to make his hires after the recruiting season has settled down a bit, no rush to hire.

Gonzo:
DC Collins - HC @ Temple
Defensive Grad Ast Josh Linam, Temple
Equip Ast Kane Ivers-Osthus, Temple

OL Coach Summers - Co-OC, OL @ UL, so he returns home to Kentucky.

Offensive Grad Ast Christian Pace is now RB's coach @ Righmond

I think the replacement will probably be Ingalls from the NFL who Mac recently hired as a quality control assistant or Stoutland from the Philadelphia Eagles if he would take the job. College possibilities seem to be Rob Sale at UL Monroe or maybe Ryan Silverfield at Memphis according to some guesses and talk by people. I just don't see a big name college OL coach (for both teaching and recruiting ability) coming to UF with Mac's situation right now. I hope I am wrong on that however

Mc's situation is 19-8 for a.704 winning percentage. (20-8 without the hurricane)
2015 SECe-C and SEC CoY, 1st UF coach to have 10 wins in his 1st season.
2016 SECe-C, and a 30-3 Outback bowl win most recently.
Now the only coach in UF history to go to Hotlanta his 1st 2 years.
I just wonder if he'll win a single game, after he finally locates a quality QB??? :rolleyes:

How many years are left on Mc's current contract, 2-3-4?

With the younger successful position coaches moving up after 2-3 years, I don't see Mc's so-called 'situation' as having any bearing on who would take the jobs. Especially when compared to the positives associated with being a Gator coach anyway. :cool:

Reactions: TennesseeGator
Mc's situation is 19-8 for a.704 winning percentage. (20-8 without the hurricane)
2015 SECe-C and SEC CoY, 1st UF coach to have 10 wins in his 1st season.
2016 SECe-C, and a 30-3 Outback bowl win most recently.
Now the only coach in UF history to go to Hotlanta his 1st 2 years.
I just wonder if he'll win a single game, after he finally locates a quality QB??? :rolleyes:

How many years are left on Mc's current contract, 2-3-4?

With the younger successful position coaches moving up after 2-3 years, I don't see Mc's so-called 'situation' as having any bearing on who would take the jobs. Especially when compared to the positives associated with being a Gator coach anyway. :cool:

Hopefully a big name might come here but even Zook went 12-4 in the SEC his first 2 seasons and actually beat four SEC teams ranked in the top 6 in the country when we played them. Its just the top of the East wasn't a joke those 2 years.

Zook (straw-man) has nothing to do with SEC reality in 2015-16.
(I don't recall Mc losing to a 3-8 MsSt, or to a D2 GaSo either for that matter)

The weak / joke SECe Bowl scores:

UF 30 - 3 Iowa
Iowa 14 - 13 Mich

UGA 31 - 23 TCU
UF 24 - 10 UGA

Tenn 38 - 24 Neb

6-7 SCa 39 - 46 USF 11-2
UF 20 - 7 SCa

UF's annual SECw opponent:
LSU 29 - 9 UL - Heisman QB hammered.
UF 16 - 10 @ LSU

Really, this kind of 'perception vs reality' can only be carried as far as the blindness allows.... o_O

Movement on the Gator coaching staff fluxuates almost yearly, for as long as I can remember. Nothing new there, and replacements are always available.
OL Coach Summers - Co-OC, OL @ UL, so he returns home to Kentucky.

Cristobal and locksley understand .. summer leaving understand .. improve recruiting understand
timing .. not the best .. need to wrap up hire if possible and bring in the guys now. does not help this year if done in 3-4 weeks

Cristobal and locksley understand .. summer leaving understand .. improve recruiting understand
timing .. not the best .. need to wrap up hire if possible and bring in the guys now. does not help this year if done in 3-4 weeks
So you are a fan of lying to recruits?

So you are a fan of lying to recruits?
No I am saying timing is important that is what I said and all I meant. The coaches need to be hired .. now .. if they are to help in this cycle. I think some of these changes were were planned and known about for over a month. Just seems like they would be filled by now.
understand the who
not the timing

The current whispers are that OL coach Ryan Silverfield will be named as Summers' replacement.

The current whispers are that OL coach Ryan Silverfield will be named as Summers' replacement.

What happened with Stoutland?

This guy looks good too, Memphis has a nice offense and gets a lot of their blockers who aren't all that good.

Sounding like Nord might be out the door and was pulled from recruiting according to posters on the net.

I am going to channel my inner Insta and brag/self gloss that I was right about one, and hope to be right about both

If you were really channeling your inner Insta you'd say you were right about both because you had Stoutland coming even if he didn't come. Plus aliens.

Reactions: MJWilliamson
If you were really channeling your inner Insta you'd say you were right about both because you had Stoutland coming even if he didn't come. Plus aliens.
Try as I might, I can't quite get that batshit crazy

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT