ADVERTISEMENT

Let's kill the Noles streak

PlutoDroid

Rowdy Reptile
Aug 16, 2015
We can be the team that ends their bowl streak, this is all they have going for them. Much like Nebraska's "sellout streak".

Reactions: 96-06-08GATOR
They will chuck it up on a 40 yrd pass play every series...our DB’s won’t hold...very serious...

It won’t be because of better coaching or anything...it’ll just happen...Tallahassee...tellin’ ya...

So basically us getting out of contention for the SEC East has turned you into the worst version of your own charicature.

Come on dude chill out.

So basically us getting out of contention for the SEC East has turned you into the worst version of your own charicature.

Come on dude chill out.
Just a bad feeling...

The way they beat BC yesterday frightened sadgator...

They will throw > 10 pass attempts over 40 yrds and just keep doing it until they hit...

If our D line doesn’t get to the QB...it could be a long day...

Winning in Tallahassee has rarely been easy for us, and this is their freaking superbowl this year...

Last edited:
We are not going to beat FSU.
You are correct. They have at least as much, if not more, talent and everything to play for. This can make their season. We are a flawed team.....as we saw against an average Missouri team....at home.

28-13 Noles.

I, like Sad, am concerned about FSU. They still have a ton of talent. The difference between their team last year and this year is coaching. Pretty much the same as us only in the opposite direction. However, with them beating BC, the game with us becomes much more important to FSU - keeping that bowl streak alive. Their D-line is very good and we can't block Burns. Their weakness is the secondary and will Franks be able to make enough accurate throws downfield to win the game? I'm concerned. Their O-line is still bad, but their running backs are good and they have play makers. Which defense will show up for us? We need this game to get into a major bowl. But I think a lot is going to depend on our QB because I'm not sure we'll be able to run the ball like we want. Having to pass to set up the run is a problem IMO. Hope we pull it out.

Just a bad feeling...

The way they beat BC yesterday frightened sadgator...

They will throw > 10 pass attempts over 40 yrds and just keep doing it until they hit...

If our D line doesn’t get to the QB...it could be a long day...

Winning in Tallahassee has rarely been easy for us, and this is their freaking superbowl this year...

A middle school JV team could get to our QB....im not over exaggerating

That team is riddled with dysfunction, all that talent yet so undisciplined.

We end their season and bowl streak. No extra practices for Willie... like it would even help.

We have gotten worse so maybe the no practices will help

I, like Sad, am concerned about FSU. They still have a ton of talent. The difference between their team last year and this year is coaching. Pretty much the same as us only in the opposite direction. However, with them beating BC, the game with us becomes much more important to FSU - keeping that bowl streak alive. Their D-line is very good and we can't block Burns. Their weakness is the secondary and will Franks be able to make enough accurate throws downfield to win the game? I'm concerned. Their O-line is still bad, but their running backs are good and they have play makers. Which defense will show up for us? We need this game to get into a major bowl. But I think a lot is going to depend on our QB because I'm not sure we'll be able to run the ball like we want. Having to pass to set up the run is a problem IMO. Hope we pull it out.

Kind of how I see it also if they are able to keep our running game in check some. We have to just overwhelm that crappy O line so that QB never gets time to throw. He will throw some picks if we get a lot of pressure on him. Akers can get loose if he ever gets any space but I think we will handle them at the line enough where that won't happen much.

As far as their defense I would say they aren't as good as last season but they are not slouches either. Pretty good against the run bot probably not nearly as good against the pass as they are most years.

The main difference with them and us last season is we were truly a broken team by that point and many players had given up on the season while this FSU team will be motivated for this game hoping to shock us and make a bowl game. That stadium will be packed because of that despite a third of the seats being empty for this recent ranked opponent.

Home field has meant absolutely nothing in this series as of late. Since 2003, the home team has a 6-9 record in this match up.

Reactions: fsu939913
Kind of how I see it also if they are able to keep our running game in check some. We have to just overwhelm that crappy O line so that QB never gets time to throw. He will throw some picks if we get a lot of pressure on him. Akers can get loose if he ever gets any space but I think we will handle them at the line enough where that won't happen much.

As far as their defense I would say they aren't as good as last season but they are not slouches either. Pretty good against the run bot probably not nearly as good against the pass as they are most years.

The main difference with them and us last season is we were truly a broken team by that point and many players had given up on the season while this FSU team will be motivated for this game hoping to shock us and make a bowl game. That stadium will be packed because of that despite a third of the seats being empty for this recent ranked opponent.

I will be on my perch..... Watching from above

Home field has meant absolutely nothing in this series as of late. Since 2003, the home team has a 6-9 record in this match up.

Well that is due to there being big disparities in the teams most of those years. Long term it seems to - Spurrier had 3 losses and a tie @ FSU as the higher ranked team in the polls though I am not sure who was favored point spread wise in those games.

1982 and 2004 are about the only games Florida pulled a real upset at FSU in the last 45 years. We just don't seem to have much luck @ FSU if we are not clearly the better team coming in. But we appear to be this season so hopefully that mess doesn't come into play.

I would like to think our coaching staff realizes their entire offense is bombs and will keep a safety back.

But I have to say, it's starting to feel like destiny for FSU to get to 6-6. I mean, Louisville had them beaten to the point of only having to take a knee to win, and somehow lost. BC had them all but beaten and gives up an 80 yard bomb to lose. Samford beat them up and down the field but while driving to win threw a pick-six to lose. FSU is 5-6 but without all the end-game weirdness really should be 2-9. I believe we have the better team and the better coaches, but will not be surprised if FSU pulls another rabbit out of the hat.

You are correct. They have at least as much, if not more, talent and everything to play for. This can make their season. We are a flawed team.....as we saw against an average Missouri team....at home.

28-13 Noles.
Mizzou ain't average. They are rolling the 2nd half of the season.

Missouri would beat FSU by at least 20, they’re a good team. They played Alabama as tough as you can realistically play Alabama and played Georgia really well and had Kentucky beat until the very end. Boston College was a fraud top 25 team, they haven’t beaten anyone all year.

Missouri would beat FSU by at least 20, they’re a good team. They played Alabama as tough as you can realistically play Alabama and played Georgia really well and had Kentucky beat until the very end. Boston College was a fraud top 25 team, they haven’t beaten anyone all year.

Agree with all except the BC comment. BC is a good team

They will chuck it up on a 40 yrd pass play every series...our DB’s won’t hold...very serious...

It won’t be because of better coaching or anything...it’ll just happen...Tallahassee...tellin’ ya...
Unfortunately, our secondary has been ripe all season, so Franks should have a lot of success throwing the ball. I think the biggest factor in the game is that your OL is decent, and ours is awful. Your DL is going to make it difficult for our putrid offense to get anything going. I'm just hoping that we don't get embarrassed like we have several games this year.

Still one of the greatest rivalries in football. Both team are talent rich.
I like the guy with the funny haircut better than the giraffe. The key to the game is to get off to a fast start to take the crowd out of the game.
Look for a crowd of 75,000 to 80,000. Since 1988, gators have posted 4 wins in Tallahassee, and the infamous "Choke at Doak".
It's anybody's game, with the edge usually favoring the home team.

Still one of the greatest rivalries in football. Both team are talent rich.
I like the guy with the funny haircut better than the giraffe. The key to the game is to get off to a fast start to take the crowd out of the game.
Look for a crowd of 75,000 to 80,000. Since 1988, gators have posted 4 wins in Tallahassee, and the infamous "Choke at Doak".
It's anybody's game, with the edge usually favoring the home team.

Usually a team with tons of luck is a 7 win-type team that wins 10 games. We had that team when we went 11-2 under Muschamp one year. FSU is a 2-9 team with tons of luck. Maybe the luck will continue against UF, but I'm feeling a 350 yard rushing effort coming from the Gators in a 45-17 victory.

Oh, and there will be 75K in the stands, because 30K of them will be Gators.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT