ADVERTISEMENT

Less for More?!?!?

Remember her....???

15d490fe724a5b1b6201edadca5d95ab.jpg

Reactions: TennesseeGator
I remember walking into the stadium in the morning before we played Hawaii to start the 08 season, and saw the entire field had been changed and then I almost threw up in the tunnel from letting it all sink in...

This is college football in general. They keep raising ticket prices, raising donation amounts, etc. meanwhile you as fans get less and less access to the program. Practices get closed to fans, media only gets enough access to put out puff pieces, etc. Basically...hand over your money, STFU, and go away. Well, don't go away completely...buy their expensive tickets and spend $10 for a hot dog at the game then go away. These universities are out of touch, I honestly can't believe people still go to games the experience sucks other than tailgaiting anyway.

It's really sports in general. I live in Jersey and I talk to people who have season tickets for the Jets, and I think they have to be out of their minds. First you pay a $10,000(!!!!) personal seat license then a few grand for the seats, $50 for parking, $10 for a beer, all for the privilege of fighting godawful traffic to get to Rutherford, New Jersey and cram into a stadium with a bunch of foul mouthed drunken delinquents to watch the Jets. A lot of these people don't have the money, paying the PSL over 20 years like a mortgage. And the teams have the nerve to tell these poor saps that they get the rights to sell the PSL! I'll take Red Zone, a great big flatscreen and a six-pack thank you very much.

I actually think college sports are relatively more sane. You could go see all but a few Gator hoops (really most football games) for less than $30 on stubhub. You could walk into any baseball game basically for free.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT