ADVERTISEMENT

Leonard Manuel Withdraws from Vanguard H.S.

ocalaman

Bull Gator
Sep 4, 2002
This is being reported on another message board based on a tweet from a sportswriter for the Ocala Star-Banner:
John Patton@John_D_Patton
Have learned that wide receiver Leonard Manuel has withdrawn from Vanguard High School. A 4-star prospect, Manuel is a Florida commitment.

10:17 AM - Sep 17, 2019

Apparently Manuel walked off the field towards the end of the 1st half of last Friday night's game where Vanguard lost to cross-county rival Dunnellon 23-20. Doubt Manuel was going to qualify academically anyway, but he's a big time receiver with a .9472 rating.

This is being reported on another message board based on a tweet from a sportswriter for the Ocala Star-Banner:
John Patton@John_D_Patton
Have learned that wide receiver Leonard Manuel has withdrawn from Vanguard High School. A 4-star prospect, Manuel is a Florida commitment.

10:17 AM - Sep 17, 2019

Apparently Manuel walked off the field towards the end of the 1st half of last Friday night's game where Vanguard lost to cross-county rival Dunnellon 23-20. Doubt Manuel was going to qualify academically anyway, but he's a big time receiver with a .9472 rating.

Ocala,

Read that Manuel walked out (see below) but what is this about his academics ?

Hopefully Mullen is still gun-shy about hoping for miracles from non-performers & the Gators will figure out a way to both give Manuel a chance to qualify as well as looking around for other receivers.

Easier said then done, I'm sure.

I thought Manuel was transferring to Dunellon to play with Jaquavion Fraziars, 4-star WR, Dunnellon (Fla.) & a better team / QB.

Your scenario makes more sense; ruled ineligible after Friday's game ?

"...Leonard Manuel, 4-star WR, Ocala (Fla.) Vanguard -- The Knights lost to Dunnellon (Fla.) last Friday. Manuel reportedly left the game at halftime and also has reportedly withdrawn from Vanguard high school."

https://247sports.com/college/flori...-Anthony-Richardson-Leonard-Manuel-135745809/

Ocala,

Read that Manuel walked out (see below) but what is this about his academics ?

Hopefully Mullen is still gun-shy about hoping for miracles from non-performers & the Gators will figure out a way to both give Manuel a chance to qualify as well as looking around for other receivers.

Easier said then done, I'm sure.

I thought Manuel was transferring to Dunellon to play with Jaquavion Fraziars, 4-star WR, Dunnellon (Fla.) & a better team / QB.

Your scenario makes more sense; ruled ineligible after Friday's game ?

"...Leonard Manuel, 4-star WR, Ocala (Fla.) Vanguard -- The Knights lost to Dunnellon (Fla.) last Friday. Manuel reportedly left the game at halftime and also has reportedly withdrawn from Vanguard high school."

https://247sports.com/college/flori...-Anthony-Richardson-Leonard-Manuel-135745809/
I know people who were at the game and they said it was bizarre. At the end of the half, with Dunnellon leading 23-6 and Manuel having 1 catch for 10 yards, he apparently said, "This ain't worth my time." He took off his uniform and left the stadium, with teammates trying to talk him out of it. Here's a link to the Ocala paper article. http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...w.ocala.com/sports/20190914/goal-accomplished

I've heard from several people that Manuel has major academic issues and probably wasn't going to qualify for any D1 program and maybe would not even graduate.

I know people who were at the game and they said it was bizarre. At the end of the half, with Dunnellon leading 23-6 and Manuel having 1 catch for 10 yards, he apparently said, "This ain't worth my time." He took off his uniform and left the stadium, with teammates trying to talk him out of it. Here's a link to the Ocala paper article. http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...w.ocala.com/sports/20190914/goal-accomplished

I've heard from several people that Manuel has major academic issues and probably wasn't going to qualify for any D1 program and maybe would not even graduate.

Ocalaman,

Great work !

Didn't realize that Fraziers played DB as well as WR.

This kid has mega grade issues and attitude issues. A great talent, but I do not see him ever in orange and blue..

Don't know what it is about Vanguard football players and the Gators, but remember Justin Watkins a couple of years ago? One of the fastest high school players ever, big time recruit and Gator commit. Was only on UF's campus for a couple of weeks and ended up being dismissed and was eventually arrested, then violated probation and was sent to jail. https://www.onlygators.com/08/03/20...egan-over-instagram-like-by-florida-teammate/

Too bad if it's all true, and if it is, then withdraw the offer and move on.
They will still be good to go with a mix of old and new in 2020 imo.

WR
83. Rick Wells 6-0 202 rsJr
8. Trevon Grimes 6-6 214 Jr
1. Kadarius Toney 5-11 194 Jr (RB/wcQB)
----- I don't believe that any of those 3 leave early for the NFL.
15. Jacob Copeland 6-0 192 rsFr (RB)
82. Ja'Markis Weston 6-3 217 Fr
22. Dionte Marks 6-2 178 Fr
-----
Leonard Manuel 6-5 200
Ja'Quavion Fraziers 6-4 195 (also plays DB)
Expect 2-3 more depending on Manuel sticking and making the academic cut.

TE
7. Lucas Krull 6-6 257 rsJr
88. Kemore Gamble 6-3 241 rsSo
84. Kyle Pitts 6-6 239 So (WR)
9. Keon Zipperer 6-2 232 Fr (FB/WR)
-----
Jonathan Odom 6-5 230

Last edited:
I was told tonight that Manuel has enrolled in a school around Bradenton, possibly IMG Academy. Anybody heard that. He's definitely gone from Ocala Vanguard.

Blake Alderman reporting today that Leonard Manuel is now at Ft. Lauderdale Stranahan High School. This is where the son of Duante Culpepper (Ocala Vanguard alum) is a star basketball player.

Looks like WR Leonard Manuel is at Stranahan high school now
Back To Topics

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT