ADVERTISEMENT

Lemons

That assessment of AL's looks about right to me too.

Adarius Lemons backed off his pledge to Florida late Tuesday night. The 4-star RB from Clearwater, Fla., was suspended from his high school football team for the remainder of this season (rumored for his 2nd weed infraction this season) and also has work to do academically. --- Maybe he can be the replacement for Cook at reFSUcks... ;)

The Gators have rebounded nicely with RB Malik Davis, a 5-10, 188 *** prospect who ran the 40-yard dash in 4.43 seconds and had a 4.03 shuttle at Friday Night Lights. Davis has led Jesuit High School to a 7-0 record in 2016 and is the all-time leading rusher in Hillsborough County (Tampa) history. He committed to the Gators on Wednesday. He chose them over Miami and North Carolina after receiving an offer from UF last Friday.

Rivals may have dropped UF from the #14 class to #16, but it looks and feels to me like an improvement in this class. I look at what this Malik kid has accomplished (the all-time leading rusher in Hillsborough County (Tampa) history) and who he is off the field, and I see a definite improvement in the class. Rivals has him as a 3 star 5.5, with 27 D-1 offers. rriiigghhtttt.... o_O
Offers: UF, Mizz, Mia, USF, UCF, UL, NC, ILL, BC, Pitt, VaTech, W-Va, Az, ColoSt, etc.

Go watch his Hudi HS highlights and you'll be thrilled that he's going to be a Gator. This kid already has the RB's 3 responsibilities down pat, run-block-catch. :) And he can also play DB and ST's. He's a very solid kid. :cool:

Those offers are in line with a 3 star.

You're right, my mistake, every 3 star has over 2 dozen offers. And as just a 3 star he'll never be any good at UF, cause those rating guys are never wrong, like the coaches always are.... o_O

But hey, they can always use another tackling dummy, to go along with their 127 passer rating QB... :cool:

Malik Davis is a very good RB. It is unfortunate about Lemons, but he got himself into this mess.

So? A RB's success is all about the oline. Assuming they aren't stiffs with no vision, which this kid ain't, then they'll produce. Not everybody can be Fournette or Cook, other teams find a way to have good run games without those caliber of backs though.
Word!

Those offers are in line with a 3 star.
L. Perine had a very similar offer list and rating when he first committed. Then many teams including Bama came after him very hard.

No he isnt an All American at this point, but giving if the OL at least holds a block for 1.2 seconds I trust Perine has the potential to break a long run and/or pick up the tough short yards to get the first down.

Reactions: instaGATOR
im assuming someone posted that Davis committed today

The Davis commit is in my above post.

Lemons de-committed on Tuesday, but he hopes to rejoin Florida’s class down the road if he can pass his ACT and qualify academically, and IF UF still wants him. With the Wednesday commit of RB Malik Davis, UF again has 16 verbal commitments for 2017.

FYI -- The Gators have been able to do that this season with a running back by committee.
They’re averaging 4.8 per carry, the highest among SEC East teams.
Keeping in mind that they are not running behind the best OL in the SEC-E. ;)

LOL,,,, shame on you. Just because Bama has about the same NCAA Probation record as kensucky B-Ball does, that's no reason to be casting aspersions on them... :cool:

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT