ADVERTISEMENT

LaVar Ball: You can't win a championship with 3 white guys

Gator Fever

Bull Gator
Feb 13, 2008
https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/980d5030-7b31-37bf-b8ce-0bddbe9f7c3d/ss_lavar-ball-blames-3.html

Two weeks after the Bruins’ 86-75 loss to the Wildcats in the Sweet 16 on March 25, it’s LaVar, in typical brazen fashion, making excuses for his son and directing blame elsewhere.

Realistically you can’t win no championship with three white guys because the foot speed is too slow,” LaVar Ball told the Inland Valley Daily Bulletin on Thursday. “I told Lonzo, ‘One of these games you might need to go for 30 or 40 points.’ It turned out that was the one game. Then, once they get to the [Sweet 16], they’re right there.”

------------------------------------------------------
Unbelievable..lol

I think plenty of teams have made a Final Four with 3 white guys unlike UCLA this year who didn't make it.

I had the same thought myself, watching them a few times this year. I believe he was responding to a question about UCLA's terrible defense, and Leaf and that big white stiff who hits all the 16-foot jumpers are definitely spectators on defense. I don't think Alford plays any defense, but not because he's white and slow. He's pretty quick. In fairness to the white guys, I don't think Ball plays any defense either. Lorenzo is just saying out loud what everyone else thinks. There's only been a few athletic white guys: Rex Chapman, Tom Chambers, Julian Edelman, Christian McCaffrey and Numbers.

I agree Ball doesn't play defense. I think he's pretty overhyped, actually. He's really thin and not crazy quick, so I'm not sure how he will translate to the NBA. He definitely sees plays before anyone else and puts the ball where it's supposed to go. But I've heard a lot of people compare him to Jason Kidd, which I don't think he's close. Kidd was a monster with the ball. In the half court or on the break, he was going to go where he wanted. He's probably one of the top 2 or 3 distributors in basketball history. And he played defense. Ball shoots better, but I don't know if he gets that shot off against pros.

Reactions: Nolebra Kai
I had the same thought myself, watching them a few times this year. I believe he was responding to a question about UCLA's terrible defense, and Leaf and that big white stiff who hits all the 16-foot jumpers are definitely spectators on defense. I don't think Alford plays any defense, but not because he's white and slow. He's pretty quick. In fairness to the white guys, I don't think Ball plays any defense either. Lorenzo is just saying out loud what everyone else thinks. There's only been a few athletic white guys: Rex Chapman, Tom Chambers, Julian Edelman, Christian McCaffrey and Numbers.

those are basketball players, i don't think they are really known for anywhere near the speed and quick twitch burst football players are or are trained for. Travis mcgriff probably ran in the 4.4's at least when he played, I watched a route running vid with him and many other white guys from years ago and he was ripping DB's apart on film in one on ones in a practice.. Doering too

I don't know about basketball players, or if they are even really clocked for running but there have been many white football players that can absolutely burn. The guy that UK gave a scholly over me when joker phillips was recruiting me Dickie lyons, remember that guy? He was on roids though and got caught lol... I know iv'e talked about this on here before but I even went on my official visit to uk for the Florida game in 03, the closest they ever came to beating us and had us down like 21-3 before Leak led the comeback in his first start. That was a weird day but those fans were SO pissed and crushed, and Abney was shedding tears after blowing that one, along with many other fans around me.. that was one of the few games we have ever come back from a large deficit that i can ever remember, and i just happened to be there... Having to pretend like i was not a Gator fan...

those are basketball players, i don't think they are really known for anywhere near the speed and quick twitch burst football players are or are trained for. Travis mcgriff probably ran in the 4.4's at least when he played, I watched a route running vid with him and many other white guys from years ago and he was ripping DB's apart on film in one on ones in a practice.. Doering too

I don't know about basketball players, or if they are even really clocked for running but there have been many white football players that can absolutely burn. The guy that UK gave a scholly over me when joker phillips was recruiting me Dickie lyons, remember that guy? He was on roids though and got caught lol... I know iv'e talked about this on here before but I even went on my official visit to uk for the Florida game in 03, the closest they ever came to beating us and had us down like 21-3 before Leak led the comeback in his first start. That was a weird day but those fans were SO pissed and crushed, and Abney was shedding tears after blowing that one, along with many other fans around me.. that was one of the few games we have ever come back from a large deficit that i can ever remember, and i just happened to be there... Having to pretend like i was not a Gator fan...

Who was UK's White punt returner? There's another one. I played hoops in high school with Scott Bentley, FSU's No 1 kicker recruit after wide right 1 and 2, and he was a sick athlete. He was a little less than six feet and could dunk with two hands. He was quick as hell. He played d back in high school until it was obvious he would be a top recruit at kicker, and I think he could have played it in division 1. Maybe not FSU but maybe.

Who was UK's White punt returner? There's another one. I played hoops in high school with Scott Bentley, FSU's No 1 kicker recruit after wide right 1 and 2, and he was a sick athlete. He was a little less than six feet and could dunk with two hands. He was quick as hell. He played d back in high school until it was obvious he would be a top recruit at kicker, and I think he could have played it in division 1. Maybe not FSU but maybe.

This is the 2nd Derek Abney reference in the same day iv'e made from UK.. I was only 5"10 and woke up one day in junior high and could jump out of the building..

Never when talking white... Florida...WR...And....Speed....Forget to mention Riley Cooper. That guy could fly.

Cris Collinsworth is the fastest white guy to ever play for Florida.

prove it with a vid of him in an orange jersey with the long sleeves

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT