ADVERTISEMENT

Laugh now, but this Board is gonna be fun next week after we BEAT BAMA for the SEC Title...

If we do happen to pull off a monumental upset, can you imagine the painful amount of 'ah shucks'...'ain't this cool'...'just wow'...'g golly'...'how you like that'...'would ya look at this crowd'...'guess the gators going to the Sugar Bowl'...'hey not bad'. I'm sure there are probably a million more I'm forgetting.

Mac has got to f***ing say something once in a damn while! He misses so many opportunities to recruit after victories, instead he goes on these unintelligible rants about God knows what. Someone in the PR department needs to remind him that television can be a recruiting tool. GEEZ

If we do happen to pull off a monumental upset, can you imagine the painful amount of 'ah shucks'...'ain't this cool'...'just wow'...'g golly'...'how you like that'...'would ya look at this crowd'...'guess the gators going to the Sugar Bowl'...'hey not bad'. I'm sure there are probably a million more I'm forgetting.

Mac has got to f***ing say something once in a damn while! He misses so many opportunities to recruit after victories, instead he goes on these unintelligible rants about God knows what. Someone in the PR department needs to remind him that television can be a recruiting tool. GEEZ

In those post-game tv interviews, he always starts out sounding like he's going to say something witty, but then he just trails off and stares off into the distance all glassy eyed. It makes for some awkward and uncomfortable tv. I think CBS' sideline reporter is terrified of him.

Ironically, if we are at all competitive in this game (sadgator will stop short of saying win), it will be because of special teams and defense...and so the doubts will still remain.
Agreed. In fact, that was exactly the case last year. The defense gave an all out effort. As did the special teams. That was the only reason the game was relatively close. Treon could not complete passes against air though.

If we win this saturday, I will stop doubting Mac.

...other things to expect:

pigs_fly.jpg

^^^I can't think of a blueprint to beat Bama. I can't remember the last time I said that about a college team. What's really scary is they're going to be so much better next year. SMFH

Probably boredom. Teams play down to competition all the time. USC might be the 2nd or 3rd most talented team in the country and they handled them easily when they were up for it. Same with Auburn who has a really good defense. Bama turned it over a few times and still beat Auburn by a 'boring' 20 points. They play when they want.

Probably boredom. Teams play down to competition all the time. USC might be the 2nd or 3rd most talented team in the country and they handled them easily when they were up for it. Same with Auburn who has a really good defense. Bama turned it over a few times and still beat Auburn by a 'boring' 20 points. They play when they want.
Yep. Bama players will be up for our game. Be interested to see if our guys go all out this year, like they did last year. If so, we can keep it close for awhile

BINGO. Hard to get up for 13 straight games. The question is will they overlook the Gators? If they read any press they might just. Football is a weird game. On paper this is a mismatch of epic proportions, but the game isn't played on paper. Any team can beat any other team on any given Saturday. I don't see it happening, but I would love it if it did. Louisville -26.5 at home vs kentucky!!! Or closer to home, LSU-13.5 at home vs. the Gators. It can happen.

Yep. Bama players will be up for our game. Be interested to see if our guys go all out this year, like they did last year. If so, we can keep it close for awhile

For sure. I don't expect us to win we aren't as talented as them and we're beat up. But kinda like the Michigan game last year if we don't even show up that will be another troubling sign. We can't keep getting embarrassed just about every time we play a good team.

Coach Mac did do a good job of having the team fired up going into LSU. Maybe he can pull the same trick with all the disrespect we're getting going into Atlanta.

Or until the next loss (not you but most Gator fans. This is what most of them said before the LSU game.)

I flipped pretty positive on Mac after LSU and flipped just as hard negative after FSU. I still think LSU was a hell of a win, and winning the East twice in a row is very good stuff. But getting kicked around by every top-15 team we play is starting to convince me that Mac has a ceiling that is unacceptably low for UF.

I flipped pretty positive on Mac after LSU and flipped just as hard negative after FSU. I still think LSU was a hell of a win, and winning the East twice in a row is very good stuff. But getting kicked around by every top-15 team we play is starting to convince me that Mac has a ceiling that is unacceptably low for UF.
Well, Mac has developed Florida to the point where it can do what it has done. I know that sounds like an identity, but what I mean is we are a top of the line top 15 team, and he has done that. But we are not near a top ten team, which we want to be and deserve to be.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT