ADVERTISEMENT

Lagaway Should Pull a Jimmy Chitwood

TheShining

Rowdy Reptile
Gold Member
Nov 29, 2021
"As long as Coach Napier is at Florida, I'll be at Florida. The day that Coach Napier is no longer at Florida, is the day I leave."

Who blinks?

I actually think think we are close to turning this thing around. This team is playing hard, when it would be really easy to quit. That means they are playing for their coaches and playing for each other. There was a lot heart shown on that field tonight. The team quit on the coach in McElwain's last year and in Mullen's last year. There was none of that tonight.

Let's inject some reality here. We are 2-3 plays from being 7-4. At times tonight we had 6 true freshman on the field together on defense.

We were down our two starting tackles, our starting center, our starting WR, a starting TE, our two starting LBs, our starting SDE and in most cases those role were filled by true freshman or sophomores.

Losing like this is brutal. Arkansas and Missouri are games we had won and gave away. There are no excuses they but there are many positives out of tonight and most on here care not to see them.

We scored the 2nd most points Missouri has give up all year (only LSU scored more). We ran for 260 against a top 20 running defense. We fought back on the road after so many back breakers and took the lead with a minute left with a back-up QB..

Nope I'm not going to quit on this team or this coach. We have more studs on the way, most of the best players in this class are locked in. We'll get a few more, hit the portal hard and make a few changes. We're close to turning the corner.

Stick by your team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News